Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
When they tied with 10 minutes to go, I kept thinking about the many collapses the team had last year.

My stomach turned, but thankfully this is a much better talented team. Started feeling better when Sanogo led the fast break with a slam and back up by 7 with about 5 minutes and some change.

This was a hard fought victory and I think the score doesn't indicate the many chances that Bama had to keep it close. We executed late, they didn't. Don't let the final score fool you, we easily could have let this go. Feeling much better.

Reaction Score
What? Jackson was a freaking linebacker out there his decision making was better in this game. His impact is always beyond the box score and his energy is contagious.
Yeah but he isn't remotely close to a PG or an NBA guard. Love his effort and rebounding. Not a fan of his overall game but he has a purpose just wish his offensive game developed more.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Ok let's just disagree on his impact on this game. He did get some nice rebounds I will give you that. you can't refute his offense was horrible. He also got beat off the dribble a lot in this game unlike the other 2. Not saying he was horrible but just not as good as the past 2 games on D.
He was guarding the player who will go top 5 in the nba draft… better o beats better d from time to time

Reaction Score
Newton shot 1-6 but he controlled the game, singlehandedly got us in the double bonus early, went 6-6 on ft's, his one field goal was the three that sealed it, he had 8 assists, 1 turnover, and 4 steals.

Dude is a baller.

Reaction Score
Ok let's just disagree on his impact on this game. He did get some nice rebounds I will give you that. you can't refute his offense was horrible. He also got beat off the dribble a lot in this game unlike the other 2. Not saying he was horrible but just not as good as the past 2 games on D.
Yes the offense was bad, and the shot selection was awful. His defense was ridiculous today. Know why it looked worse than the past 2 games? Because he was guarding a walking bucket, top 5 NBA lottery pick. One who shot 33% tonight and got half his points off loose ball rebounds and garbage time stats

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’ll leave the analysis to others. That was sensational.

And as relaxing as a coast to coast 15-point win would have been, this one tested our team’s mettle—and they showed themselves and everybody else what they’re made of.

Reaction Score
Great game. I like how many options we have offensively we can kind of ride the hot hand.

Do the winners of the 2 PK championships play each other?
yes, most likely for the national title

Reaction Score
Hurley deserves a lot of credit for pulling this roster together. Pretty much every guy is what we needed in that role.

Clingan, Karaban, Newton, and Calcaterra have all been like 80th percentile or better in terms of their performance versus expectations.

Alleyne and Diarra have been inconsistent, but given us something.

Big leap from having misevaluated guys like Diggins and Floyd.

Reaction Score
I know the usual yentas will call it a dumb play but I had no problem with him going for the block at the end. Andre is a competitive kid and Brandon Miller is going to make a hundred million dollars in the NBA. The game was over anyway.

That run after Alabama tied it was huge. This team just has weapons all over the place.
I had zero problem w that play. The four ridiculous 3 point attempts on the other hand?? Please…..save those for practice. None of them were even close.

Reaction Score
Newton shot 1-6 but he controlled the game, singlehandedly got us in the double bonus early, went 6-6 on ft's, his one field goal was the three that sealed it, he had 8 assists, 1 turnover, and 4 steals.

Dude is a baller.
damn right. I started a thread on the player of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom