Alabama Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alabama Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Adama was a beast.. Newton controlled the ball with intense D on him..Made his FTs.. Karaban and Clingan continue to play like upper classmen.. Team showed character holding them off and re-establishing control of the game in second half.. A great win and will have SOS value as Alabama will continue to only get better throughout the year..

Bring on the Cyclones.

Reaction Score
The run to put this one away was ridiculous. We haven't had this kind of firepower in close to a decade. I'm a little tipsy so I'm making a post to share my thoughts.

Things slow down offensively? We've got Newton to draw fouls and hit them close to 90% of the team.

Karaban is poised more than any freshman we've had since Doron. I was fully expecting him to struggle vs this kind of athleticism and length. Instead? Kid puts up an efficient 10/3/3. I meant it when I said 18 months ago that he would be an All Big East player at some point.

Sanogo is Sanogo. Then he realized he needed to shoot to make the league. What does he do? Learn to shoot. When you're fighting on the court for your family, it's not just a game. It's hard not to respect the work he put in.

Diarra and Calcaterra. We're picking your poison on any given night.

Hawkins - NBA level sniper.

Clingan - Effecient and learning every night. I didn't think he would be this good. No one did. I feel really good about him leading this team for the next 2 years.

Shoot, we had a starter (Alleyne) play like crap, and Newton shot terribly and we STILL dominated!

I think the run was 15-0 at one point. Ridiculous.
Yeah Alleyne has not been impressive at all and is getting into foul trouble too much. I know he is guarding the best offensive player on the other team but he needs to stop using his body that much.

Reaction Score
Your posts on Andre Jackson are always questionable, but this just about locks it in permanently. With all due respect, I think you have no idea what you're watching
Ok let's just disagree on his impact on this game. He did get some nice rebounds I will give you that. you can't refute his offense was horrible. He also got beat off the dribble a lot in this game unlike the other 2. Not saying he was horrible but just not as good as the past 2 games on D.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I know the usual yentas will call it a dumb play but I had no problem with him going for the block at the end. Andre is a competitive kid and Brandon Miller is going to make a hundred million dollars in the NBA. The game was over anyway.

That run after Alabama tied it was huge. This team just has weapons all over the place.
Same . Andre takes that stuff personally . I want that in him. He simply can’t let that go. It’s not in his makeup.

Reaction Score
I thought AJAX had his worst defensive game this year. He still looks lost on offense too. Please, never shoot a 3 again. LOL!
What? Jackson was a freaking linebacker out there his decision making was better in this game. His impact is always beyond the box score and his energy is contagious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom