Akok to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok to UConn

Reaction Score
I thought Armageddon was upon us a few days ago. Then after every UConn loss fans feel that way. Gotta love the passion

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the majority of posters are fairly consistent in their perspective. It's just that you have at least a couple different populations of posters. The "pro-Akok" posters probably stayed positive about the kid and the pessimistic crowd stayed that way. When things are looking positive you hear more from the former and vice-versa. It's not that everybody is changing their position, you just hear more chirping from one side or the other depending on the state of affairs.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Have you ever checked out the other college sports forums online? They are filled with people saying the most hateful things imaginable about college kids. Boneyard is classy by comparison.

Reaction Score
Ok now let's get him in that weight room and get that muscle for the start of the 2019 season.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing the majority of posters are fairly consistent in their perspective. It's just that you have at least a couple different populations of posters. The "pro-Akok" posters probably stayed positive about the kid and the pessimistic crowd stayed that way. When things are looking positive you hear more from the former and vice-versa. It's not that everybody is changing their position, you just hear more chirping from one side or the other depending on the state of affairs.

Additionally, out of the hundreds of regular posters here, some single digit number criticized Akok. Its just typically the worst that are the loudest.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Additionally, out of the hundreds of regular posters here, some single digit number criticized Akok. Its just typically the worst that are the loudest.

It’s also worth noting that the people here who say particularly bad things about kids almost always get taken to task by the rest of the group.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I like it. Akok needs a strength program ASAP and this gives him the ability to work with Alosi for 10 months before he hits the ground running for practice next October.

Akok after 10 months with Sal

godaddy-bodybuilder.jpg

Reaction Score
Our biggest get since ???

I don't care that this is just a solo drill -- we haven't had a front court player with that stroke in a long time.
Not to say he hasn’t worked at it but that kind of shooting touch is something you’re born with even though shooters can improve. It’s quite a nice thing to start your college career with it though. If he gets the body he needs to go with his height and reach he seems like he will play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
two studs in the backcourt and now this guy. If we can pull in precious and Kofi that rounds out potentially the best class of all time at UConn. Not bad for Hurleys first year even if he doesn't pull those two.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Be nice. We were once kinda in their shoes. Lol. plus they almost beat Iowa.
Nah, the guy's right. I got two words for Pitt fans: Charles Smith

Reaction Score
I was not in favor of Akok coming to UConn and playing the 2nd semester only to get to the NBA draft in June. Now that he'll be in school 2nd semester, practicing with the the team, and getting 10 months with Sal Aliosi to put some muscle on, I'm all in. Perfect scenario.

About him not telling Espinosa he was leaving PSA? I'm still not cool with that. Although I don't know the whole story. Maybe there is more there than we know.

Reaction Score
He will never play a minute for UConn
I love the positivity.....he wants to be an NBA 1st rounder, he won't be in 2019.

He has a very good chance to be in 2020 with 1 year of college play under his belt. He's coming to UConn so I'm guessing he plays at least a minute for UConn in 2019-2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom