Akok to UConn | The Boneyard

Akok to UConn

Reaction Score
Just what we needed. Now get this kids application filled out

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
PITT fans are going to be beside themselves still not a single commit for 2019 after bringing in a coach who is supposed to be a “recruiting expert”.

Reaction Score
So now the question is what are his intentions? Play this season? And whose scholarship is he taking? Do a Diallo and play next year?

Reaction Score
So now the question is what are his intentions? Play this season? And whose scholarship is he taking? Do a Diallo and play next year?
That’s a pretty good option for these guys who need a year of college for draft position.
He gets to practice every day and hit the ground running next year.
The Diallo Option. Since we did it I’m sure the NCAA will find a way to end the practice..

Reaction Score
That’s a pretty good option for these guys who need a year of college for draft position.
He gets to practice every day and hit the ground running next year.
The Diallo Option. Since we did it I’m sure the NCAA will find a way to end the practice..
I like it. Akok needs a strength program ASAP and this gives him the ability to work with Alosi for 10 months before he hits the ground running for practice next October.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I like it. Akok needs a strength program ASAP and this gives him the ability to work with Alosi for 10 months before he hits the ground running for practice next October.
I hope Akok “gets” Sal’s personality. Akok seems like kind of a reserved kid and sal is pretty intense. I was watching the umess game the other day and my grandfather asked me who is that coach at the end of the Uconn bench he looks like a psychopath. I told him that was our new strength and conditioning coach and he said “that makes sense”.

Reaction Score
I hope Akok “gets” Sal’s personality. Akok seems like kind of a reserved kid and sal is pretty intense. I was watching the umess game the other day and my grandfather asked me who is that coach at the end of the Uconn bench he looks like a psychopath. I told him that was our new strength and conditioning coach and he said “that makes sense”.
Akok should be fine, he is a very vibrant and loud kid when you get to know him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's one of the tried and true methods of determining a good S&C coach. Especially in football. And Sal is a football guy to the core.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Our biggest get since ???

I don't care that this is just a solo drill -- we haven't had a front court player with that stroke in a long time.

Since Charlie V probably.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I remember the moment that Akok left PSA and the dominant narrative was that he was going to try to head to the NBA and forego college. Many immediately responded that we were dodging a bullet because Akok doesn't smile, or because he left PSA before informing his coach. Raked the kid over the coals. Now he's chosen UConn, and the folks on the Syracuse board are doing what we did a couple weeks ago, while we're on here celebrating over the kid we dissed a couple short weeks ago. I get that this is just what fandom looks like, but it has to make you stop and chuckle.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's almost like we chide other schools for not making "authentic" jerk chicken with actual pimento branches, then turn around and praise a national fast-food franchise that supports industrial-grown chicken and beef and pretend it's really good.

Or something like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom