Akok starting to fill out a little. Scary thought. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok starting to fill out a little. Scary thought.

Reaction Score
Well “body weight” when you’re already 200lbs with no muscle is a load in itself. And like I said with Carlton, when you’re super inexperienced, a good coach will facilitate you learning your body, your baseline and target end ranges of motion, how your body feels, building proprioceptive and kinesthetic awareness, challenging muscles that may not have been “turned on” through just basketball skill training alone. You do all that with slow, controlled, eccentric movements; and when someone has never picked a barbell in their life, it’s best to just start with their own body weight.

There’s simply no point in throwing loads on a kid who probably struggled with pushups and has never tried to get in to a body weight squat, especially in this case where you had the whole semester to get him ready for college loads. Was Akok even allowed to participate in basketball activities? Or were they able to just focus on the gym? I recall the latter

He could practice not play.

And agreed. Sal could have made Akok's career these last 6 months. He needed thos desperately.

From what I can gather he hasn't gained a super amount of weight, at least as of end of May-ish. but hes running better, and his ROM/mobility have improved a ton.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Looks good but my generation really only needed this for six weeks for big arms

23A8DCDE-7312-4426-AD50-B3CE9E6F1B0E.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have some high expectations. At a minimum it’s clear he is putting in the work. I assumed he would when he enrolled early but it’s nice to see the results.

Reaction Score
Funny on this kid, I've heard some say he's real raw and it will take a lot of time but year 2 or 3 he will be an impact. That's all good but is it possible he will be more ready than some think due to that 1/2 year under the guidelines of Hurley's practices and his workout schedule? I mean most thinking 5/4/1 kid is it possible he's an 11/6/2 kid?

Should be fun to watch him grow as a young man. Looks like that's already happening physically.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom