Akok, Kofi and Precious Only Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok, Kofi and Precious Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
jb.jpg

Bouknight clocking in his hours

Reaction Score
I think we get akok and cockburn, but only if cockburn is willing to commit during the november signing period. if not then we lock-down mitchell or wahab. that's either a top 5 or top 10-15 recruiting class.

no idea where precious is at after expressing interest in western kentucky, but danny/kimani have as good a shot at landing him as anyone.

if we get precious, akok, and cockburn thats prob the top recruiting class in the country. In danny's first year no less!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the consensus of posts here, give or take a different option here and there is substantially correct. I was trying not to get my hopes up too high but this looks like it really is going to be a great class. Thanks for the insights. This could be huge on a forward basis.

Reaction Score

That is one mountain of a man. I haven't watched much video on him, but he looked glacially slow on offense in the post there. He's not going to be able to get shots off in the middle if he holds the ball low and gets his shot off that slowly. With that said, he did explode on the shot block. He seemed so much bigger than most if not all the players in that game, so maybe he just didn't feel a sense of urgency to get his shot off quicker in the post. Nice little jumpshot as well.

Has anyone seen him play against other elite bigs? What are his strengths, other than the obvious of taking up a lot of space in the post and physically dominating? How has he looks done decent? Does he move his feet well? If not, he could be prone to picking up follows at an alarming rate. I'm assuming since he's ranked pretty high, he must be doing a lot of things right.

C

Chief00

I think Akok is the bigger get at the moment compared to Kofi. I love both of their games but right now on this roster we are without someone who can block a shot without fouling. I have seen the stats for the block percentages through the summer circuit and Akok was at the top. In my opinion Akok fits Hurley’s ball pressure style since he could block/alter the layup attempts. This is not to say I wouldn’t want Kofi since UConn hasn’t had a big man with finishing ability inside since Adrien, and we all know he wasn’t exactly huge. But if Hurley was able to land Akok then getting Mitchell to pair with him it isn’t the worst since Mitchell is a good spot rebounder with a solid offensive game.
Kofi is target number 1 - of course we want both very much.

Reaction Score
Let's do this by process of elimination....

i think everyone would agree that akok is choosing between uconn and pitt at this point.

kofi cut his list to 8 about a month ago: Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Pitt, Saint John’s, Syracuse, and UConn.

FSU has since signed Balsa Koprivica so that cuts the list to 7 schools.

Kansas has hosted/plans to host the following big men: James Wiseman, Zeke Nnaji, Matthew Hurt. Wiseman is a memphis/kentucky lean but Naji and Hurt are Kansas leans based upon what i've been reading. Assuming they get one or both of them that cuts the list to 6 schools.

Syracuse just made their 4th 2019 signing with Quincy Geurrier so they have to be out of scholarships (maybe not a big deal but still). That cuts the list to 5 schools.

Once akok chooses us over pitt that makes our case even stronger. 4 schools left.

I heard kofi is planning on visiting illinois but they dont scare me at all. 3 schools left.

LSU and St. John's dont scare me either.

and then there was 1: UCONN.

i admit my analysis got spotty after pitt...but i'm optimistic.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Let's do this by process of elimination....

i think everyone would agree that akok is choosing between uconn and pitt at this point.

kofi cut his list to 8 about a month ago: Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, Pitt, Saint John’s, Syracuse, and UConn.

FSU has since signed Balsa Koprivica so that cuts the list to 7 schools.

Kansas has hosted/plans to host the following big men: James Wiseman, Zeke Nnaji, Matthew Hurt. Wiseman is a memphis/kentucky lean but Naji and Hurt are Kansas leans based upon what i've been reading. Assuming they get one or both of them that cuts the list to 6 schools.

Syracuse just made their 4th 2019 signing with Quincy Geurrier so they have to be out of scholarships (maybe not a big deal but still). That cuts the list to 5 schools.

Once akok chooses us over pitt that makes our case even stronger. 4 schools left.

I heard kofi is planning on visiting illinois but they dont scare me at all. 3 schools left.

LSU and St. John's dont scare me either.

and then there was 1: UCONN.

i admit my analysis got spotty after pitt...but i'm optimistic.
Sure, I like it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
jesus mother mary of joseph. please.

A genuine back to the basket game. That is highly unusual in the modern game. Saw him blocking some shots too. Admittedly by short guys, but still, if he can alter anything it makes the pressure more effective. He doesn't seem quick, but has nice skills.

Reaction Score
Just imagine being able to grab a defensive rebound with a big guy and then allowing the guards to receive the outlet pass and push the tempo and score in transition....... Revolutionary basketball idea

Reaction Score
To hell with gut feelings. Capel's bag man, Memphis' Fed Ex boosters scare me.

Reaction Score
Kofi Cockburn’s decision for me is quite easier to make than it was for Drew Timme. Agreeing with many, I see Dan Hurley and the UConn Huskies grabbing a commitment from the Oak Hill five-star big. As for a timetable, not sure, but that was Kofi’s first official last weekend.

Others in the mix such as Florida State, Illinois, Kansas, LSU, and many others. UConn already has commitments from Jalen Gaffney and James Bouknight, adding Cockburn to the mix could be huge for Hurley’s first class at UConn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To hell with gut feelings. Capel's bag man, Memphis' Fed Ex boosters scare me.

All depends on what type of kid they are offering.

If it's the right type of kid, with the right type of family, it's not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom