Akok considering skipping NCAA, entering NBA Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok considering skipping NCAA, entering NBA Draft

Reaction Score
If we had 3 players leave after 1 year for the NBA that's a really good thing. That will only help future recruiting and would mean we likely had a very good year. If they want to come here we take them
Don't know why this is so difficult for some to understand. We haven't really been sending kids to the pros in a while and now we have people worried about us getting kids who will be future pros. The better players leave earlier for the NBA and then you reaload with other great players.

Reaction Score
After he spends his first year at UConn he will realize he need two more years. He is so not ready for the NBA.

C

Chief00

Should've seen this coming since he just started following the NBA on Twitter and Instagram.
Quite frankly, the post graduate year in prep school seldom makes sense to Chief, for a 4 or 5 star. Drummond figured it out in August after some guidance; and went to UConn. Bottom line, he became a top 10 pick and became an NBA All Star game player. Go to college and develop there.
At any rate, we are where we are. This has been going on for awhile and is now unfortunately public. On one level to a family and those connected to Akok the preceive NBA riches is the easy answer.
At the end of the day, I expect him at UConn. His family will be better off in the long run.

Reaction Score
So is it safe to say our biggest competition for Akok is the NBA, not Pitt/Cuse?

C

Chief00

Even if its only a thought, whichever school he chooses classes will be boring/painful as hell.
Chief often gets criticized for his realistic approach about academics - this is another example why you don’t spend 2 hours going over the class catalog and schedule.

C

Chief00

Drummond is a bad example, if he stayed in high school he would have most likely been the #2 pick. Akok isn't going to the NBA out of high school so all of this is much ado about nothing

Respectably disagree on your first point. Agree with the second point.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see him getting drafted. He had a good summer and shot up the rankings, and based off videos he is nowhere near an NBA level talent yet. Sure, the potential is there, but he plays no competition compared to college or G league. I still want him, Kofi, and Precious. If all three tested the waters right now, those two would be ahead of Akok.

You obviously have no clue about NBA basketball then. Draft is based on potential and projection, not productio.

Akok's 3 biggest assets: Length, 3 pt shooting and Rim Protection
NBAs 3 most valued assets: Length, 3 pt shooting and Rim Protection

Reaction Score
a 3 star recruit never looked so good as he does right now. please wahab, have mercy!

Reaction Score
Interesting he said that he has been thinking about it since July. So while it is news to us, it is not new to the process/situation. He still took all his OV’s and will (hopefully) be making a decision soon. So, now there are 6 options in the mix instead of 5 - UConn, Pitt, G’town, ‘Cuse, PC and NBA draft. Personally, I don’t think anyone really knows what he will do, but I do feel our chances to get him are the same as they were earlier today.

Reaction Score
Interesting he said that he has been thinking about it since July. So while it is news to us, it is not new to the process/situation. He still took all his OV’s and will (hopefully) be making a decision soon. So, now there are 6 options in the mix instead of 5 - UConn, Pitt, G’town, ‘Cuse, PC and NBA draft. Personally, I don’t think anyone really knows what he will do, but I do feel our chances to get him are the same as they were earlier today.
Also means the coaching staff has known this and has been recruiting as such.

I understand different players but to me if Mitchell Robinson didn’t go in the first round, I just don’t see it for Akok. He needs to put on some serious size and hasn’t faced enough competition to warrant taking a chance on him in the first round. Way too much on the line for NBA GMs.

Reaction Score
can we mail Karim Coulibaly an offer in the morning? it should get to Mali in time for the spring signing period.

crisis averted.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
can we mail Karim Coulibaly an offer in the morning? it should get to Mali in time for the spring signing period.

crisis averted.

He's playing prep ball in Southern PA.

Something's off here.

Reaction Score
Should've seen this coming since he just started following the NBA on Twitter and Instagram.
The whole thing about not deciding until spring and only having bothered with one official visit (which confused a lot of us) makes a lot more sense now.

Reaction Score
The whole thing about not deciding until spring and only having bothered with one official (which confused a lot of us) makes a lot more sense now.

What do you mean one official?

Reaction Score
You obviously have no clue about NBA basketball then. Draft is based on potential and projection, not productio.

Akok's 3 biggest assets: Length, 3 pt shooting and Rim Protection
NBAs 3 most valued assets: Length, 3 pt shooting and Rim Protection

Oh I don't? Good one. I said he has potential and I am well aware that the NBA drafts on that. There are 60 players that are flat out better than him. I don't like rankings, but he is a top 40 recruit by most "experts"...and what about all the college and foreign guys who are proven and have potential? He has all the intangibles but isn't ready. I still think Kofi and Precious would be drafted ahead him at this point, they have loads of potential too.

Reaction Score
I really don’t see him getting drafted. He had a good summer and shot up the rankings, and based off videos he is nowhere near an NBA level talent yet. Sure, the potential is there, but he plays no competition compared to college or G league. I still want him, Kofi, and Precious. If all three tested the waters right now, those two would be ahead of Akok.
If we are guaranteed a single one year player I would hope it’s a consensus precious commit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom