Akok considering skipping NCAA, entering NBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok considering skipping NCAA, entering NBA Draft

Reaction Score
If New Balance is handing out million dollar shoe deals, it certainly is worth exploring.
The Bazley NB deal for sure is somewhat of a trial. These kids take notice for sure. Especially after it seemed like Bazley really made the wrong decision for a while.

Reaction Score
I really didn't see this coming. The double downside is that he clearly wouldn't be looking to even be a 2 yr player. Having more players in the NBA helps our pedigree, but going all out for Akok, kofi, and Precious who all want to be out in 1 year, just became less thrilling to me. I thought we would only be replacing 1 of them. In an instant I've shifted to hoping for Mitchell or Wahab in the mix so we don't have the same empty cupboard next year. Akok for 1 year is great, but a disappointment from the standpoint of being the foundation of a multi year run in the ncaa.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really didn't see this coming. The double downside is that he clearly wouldn't be looking to even be a 2 yr player. Having more players in the NBA helps our pedigree, but going all out for Akok, kofi, and Precious who all want to be out in 1 year, just became less thrilling to me. I thought we would only be replacing 1 of them. In an instant I've shifted to hoping for Mitchell or Wahab in the mix so we don't have the same empty cupboard next year. Akok for 1 year is great, but a disappointment from the standpoint of being the foundation of a multi year run in the ncaa.
if you can get the best players, you take the best players

Reaction Score
I really don’t see him getting drafted. He had a good summer and shot up the rankings, and based off videos he is nowhere near an NBA level talent yet. Sure, the potential is there, but he plays no competition compared to college or G league. I still want him, Kofi, and Precious. If all three tested the waters right now, those two would be ahead of Akok.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait until we do get him to commit to UConn and this entire sub is on edge until next season because he can opt for the NBA at any time.

Reaction Score
For those interested Putnam plays as follows at the National Prep showcase:

Friday:
8:00p.m. Putnam Science Academy (CT) vs. Sunrise Christian Academy (KS)

Saturday:
5:45p.m. CBD Montverde Academy (FL) vs. Putnam Science Academy (CT)

Reaction Score
Someone should tell him what the G League is like. Because he won't get drafted in June. Or maybe being in the G League is what he wants.

Reaction Score
talk about getting bad advice. he weighs 200 lbs soaking wet.

drummond would hip check him into the nose bleeds.

hopefully he's just trying to hype himself up because we have ZERO power forward backup plans and it's already our weakest position

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we had 3 players leave after 1 year for the NBA that's a really good thing. That will only help future recruiting and would mean we likely had a very good year. If they want to come here we take them

Reaction Score
It's not a crazy concept. The best programs get top kids and top kids expect to get to the NBA. Big reason Hurley came here was so he could get top players and compete against the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world.

Reaction Score
Does this mean he'll be wearing 30 different jerseys in his twitter edit?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom