Akok Akok unofficial visit today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok unofficial visit today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I understand Calhoun's fondness for seemingly lost causes and reclamation projects and admire it in many instances, but he needs to cut ties with this rodent.

" Glenn Miller you're my brother, and I love you, but never take sides against the family"

th

A picture of JC and Glen from last night.

Reaction Score
Let Chief be real - UConn was threading the needle - with violations just enough to not pay the buyout but not enough to get meaningful sanctions - then Glen “The Rat” Miller takes immunity not to truthfully state the facts about KO but to gossip second and third hand bad optics stuff that isn’t being used against KO in the contract dispute but will be used against UConn, by the media, other schools and the NCAA - if they can validate.
If it ends up burning UConn, serves them right. When you lie down with a dog you get fleas they say. There is a reason many of us here advocated finding a way to pay Ollie and move on. Ollie probably knew the character of their star witness better than they did.

Now Herbst bounces and leaves this mess.

Reaction Score
I’m sure early Hurley explaining he would not of come to Uconn himself if there were serious sanctions. People talking about how it’s hurting us yet all I’m seeing is five star and high recruits scheduling visits. Let’s all pump the brakes and chill out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You mean my imaginary byzantine overly complicated double secret strategy of an employer using a bitter ex-employee to dig up dirt on his former boss in order to make Ollie somehow the victim for the last two years of horrifically bad, disengaged basketball coaching stupidly supplemented by NCAA violations that he lied about, in writing, to his employers?

Wow, there's a shocker. No one could have foreseen that I'd take position quite that tortured .

Fixed it for you 88.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You mean the strategy of an employer using a bitter ex-employee to dig up dirt on his former boss in order to fire him may have backfired on the employer?

Wow, there's a shocker. No one could have foreseen that risk.

Yeah, I know
But AD David Benedict is a freak'n genius...............

I really don't think there will be ant sanctions because I highly doubt Coach Hurley would have taken the position, but as Chief00 indicated, the optics are not good

This kid would be a real nice addition and hope DH pulls him in

C

Chief00

You mean the strategy of an employer using a bitter ex-employee to dig up dirt on his former boss in order to fire him may have backfired on the employer?

Wow, there's a shocker. No one could have foreseen that risk.

I don’t know how many different ways to say this - but my understanding is that Miller did not coordinate with Calhoun about the interview nor did he coordinate with the employer who just fired him. In fact, Calhoun tried to get him off the self destructive path and get him some kind of life.
Let’s be real - this dude grabbed immunity - and anyone who worked with him previously was fair game for this bitter guy. The last thing Jim needs is to try to influence his testimony and then have the NCAA ask Glen if Jim tried to influence it.

C

Chief00

Looks like he’s been working out... with Travis

That made me laugh. Ollie at the end apparently thought so highly of Travis - someone paid for 3 players to work out with someone else.

CL82

Reaction Score
Can't you guys keep this conversation in the 3+ threads about the topic?
We should merge these into one mega thread... and then lock them. When something new happens there will be a new thread anyway.

Reaction Score

CL82

Reaction Score
God, I'd love to get this kid.

We're still doomed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know nothing about this kid, but just from reading, he sounded vaguely like Brimah with some upside. Is that at all accurate?

Reaction Score
UConn hosting slew of key Class of 2019 recruits | Zagsblog
Akok, the 6-foot-9 power forward from Putnam Science Academy (CT), visited UConn last Friday. He’s also being targeted by Providence, Syracuse and Texas Tech, among others.

“He really liked it,” Putnam assistant Josh Scraba said of UConn. “He loves the new staff and thinks they will turn the program around quick.”

Love hearing this. Players weighing in positively on our 4 part coaching staff and the return of the program. There's a buzz around UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom