Akok Akok on ESPN+ now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok on ESPN+ now

Reaction Score
Super scary stuff, hope for the best news for him.

Reaction Score
Can't believe they continued the game after that.

Regardless, hopeful for a speedy recovery!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Wish him all the best. Had he not ruptured his Achilles, I believe his career would have taken a different path. He lost at least a step in quickness and he also lost the quick jumping especially the second jump that allowed him to show great potential b4 the injury. You know he tackled the rehab but sometimes this is not an injury that you can recover 100% of your pre injury skills. For Kobe his BBIQ was so much better than everyone he made up got the half of a step he lost with that and the respect he got from defenders. Wonder how Rodgers is going to look when he gets back. The RB Akers for the Rams came back in six months. He was not 100% but as a fan of his old team, I can tell you he was faster and stronger a year after the surgery. So it is a case by case type of thing.
Time for him to hang up the shoes and start enjoying those AARP benefits.
wow why not take him out back and put him out of his misery. Not sure how you can make that comment about just a great person. The odds he has continued to overcome. Not cool….

Reaction Score
I was there the game he was hurt. You could feel the disappointment in the crowd, every UConn fan loved Akok. I believe that was the same game Andrew Jackson was introduced to the crowd as next year’s recruit and Donovan and his Dad were there to see how the team reacted. He helped us get that championship in my book. I hope he gets his masters on scholarship and makes himself successful in whatever he does.

Reaction Score
I saw one flippant comment that must have gotten deleted and glad it did.

I was at the game Akok where he to tore his Achilles. The crowd went silent. Before the injury he looked like the future of UConn Basketball. Life dealt him a Sh@t sandwIch. While he was recovering, the quality of player we recruited/came to UConn elevated to the point that there was no solid place for him on the roster. Maybe a sub playing 10 minutes a game, maybe not.

I don’t fault him for leaving. But how anyone can wish the kid anything but the best is beyond me.

Akok will always be a Husky in my book.

Collapsing on the floor no matter what the root cause is a a traumatic experience and I wish him a speedy recovery! I hope to see him back on the floor soon!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One of my favorite Huskies. Hoping he is well and fully recovers soon. He plays with so much energy, enthusiasm and love for the game, I hope he can continue with it. He deserves a lifetime of good luck.

Reaction Score
I have always loved Akok's attitude and effort. It's too bad the Achilles injury happened. He has that inner strength that ironically is one of the things Hurley expects his players to have. The kid gets knocked down by life, but he doesn't let life keep him down.

Hopes and prayers he makes a full recovery, returns to basketball and enjoys a long, great life.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
scary stuff, glad he is okay. even though he has been gone for a few years, he still feels like a husky

Reaction Score
scary stuff, glad he is okay. even though he has been gone for a few years, he still feels like a husky

He left on good terms, similar to Brendan Adams. When a kid sees that we've moved past their skill level as a program, it's perfectly okay to go hunt more playing time. Even a kid like Diggins I don't really have a gripe with, he just wasn't here for long enough to really be a Husky.

Now CFJ? He can get rotten tomatoes thrown at him in Storrs for all I care.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom