Akok achilles | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Akok achilles

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't know why this particular thing bothers me, but it does. The ESPN news article about the injury contains this line...
"The injury occurred during the first minute of Sunday's 64-61 victory after Akok had blocked a shot and was running back down court."
We all saw it. There was no running down court involved. The article even starts with a video that contains the footage of the incident, and clearly shows him react to the injury as he came down from the block, and fall towards the baseline. I don't guess there's any real harm in misrepresenting the facts. I mean it's not going to change the severity of the injury, alter the recovery time or have any effect on the impact the injury will have on our team and Akok's career. But why go to the trouble of inventing something out of whole cloth that is simply wrong?

Reaction Score
When I watched the opening tip, I thought he came down a little funny or seemed to limp slightly immediately afterward- but, then I thought it was the other foot & not the one that had Achilles injury. The injury happened so fast at game's beginning, maybe my mind is saying they were connected
I haven’t seen a replay but I thought he was actually hopping on left foot protecting the right leg right after block. So I agree thought right leg was the issue first. Anyone else see this?

Reaction Score
I don't know why this particular thing bothers me, but it does. The ESPN news article about the injury contains this line...
"The injury occurred during the first minute of Sunday's 64-61 victory after Akok had blocked a shot and was running back down court."
We all saw it. There was no running down court involved. The article even starts with a video that contains the footage of the incident, and clearly shows him react to the injury as he came down from the block, and fall towards the baseline. I don't guess there's any real harm in misrepresenting the facts. I mean it's not going to change the severity of the injury, alter the recovery time or have any effect on the impact the injury will have on our team and Akok's career. But why go to the trouble of inventing something out of whole cloth that is simply wrong?
Definitely tried running back, but they didn't show this angle until halftime:

Reaction Score

That replay is hard to watch. His heart wants to keep going but his body won’t allow him. So sad. I pray he comes back better than ever. If anyone has a shot at coming back from this it’s Akok

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

But the injury clearly happened BEFORE that. The article just as clearly claims that he injured it while running back down court.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Polley chimed in on Instagram. These guys really care for one another.

1582064162222.png

Akok definitely is loved and respected by the team.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Who Ha, post: 3441298, member: 348. It is a reminder of how life can change in a split second”
[/QUOTE]

“Life is what happens when you’re making other plans”. John Lennon

Reaction Score
No attack @RichZ but you should not let the small things bother you, life is short. Look how much the actual situation has bothered a team, family and entire fan base. A ESPN writer hastily said he was running down the court when he should have said "attempting" to run down the court. A fly poop in a mountain of pepper.

ESPN reported that Ryan Newman spun out while being pushed by a teammate. The one pushing was not a teammate, same car make yes but misinformation none the less. Does not affect the actual outcome a bit.
It's part of the modern day world to filter out the fake news! ;)

Reaction Score
We're going to send Akok a get well card and we're not going to say a word about "hoping you're back on the court soon" or anything like that. We met him in Charleston and spoke briefly with him and want him to know we wish him well as a person and not just because he's on our basketball team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That replay is hard to watch. His heart wants to keep going but his body won’t allow him.
That's what I saw real time. A man in distress, don't need to see it again.

Reaction Score
Do we know who did the surgery/where it was done?

As someone who has had major knee surgery, always curious to the Dr.'s involved

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom