Akok # 8 impact freshman in 2019 class | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok # 8 impact freshman in 2019 class

pj

Reaction Score
I'm curious to know why he was ranked 61st in this freshman class, but this article places him as the 8th most likely player to make a serious impact. Just seems off. Hope to god this article is correct lol, but wouldn't put too much weight on it, last thing we need is high expectations for him this early.

Impact depends on how much your new team needs you. We really, really needed a shot-blocking power forward.

Reaction Score
I'm curious to know why he was ranked 61st in this freshman class, but this article places him as the 8th most likely player to make a serious impact. Just seems off. Hope to god this article is correct lol, but wouldn't put too much weight on it, last thing we need is high expectations for him this early.

Because of reclassifying, his ranking is all over the place. ESPN has him it 61, 247 has him at 21, and Rivals didn’t know what to do with him. This article definitely reflects his ceiling. They’ll need to see flashes of all of that at some point, but that’s not quite his consistent game yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because of reclassifying, his ranking is all over the place. ESPN has him it 61, 247 has him at 21, and Rivals didn’t know what to do with him. This article definitely reflects his ceiling. They’ll need to see flashes of all of that at some point, but that’s not quite his consistent game yet.
I think Rivals had him around 30 before they took him off the 2019 rankings when he started at UConn last January.

Reaction Score

If you ride it till the end it mentions that it wasn’t basing the list off rankings or anything, but more need/fit.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Impact depends on how much your new team needs you. We really, really needed a shot-blocking power forward.

Exactly. Plus we seemingly haven’t had a threat like this since DD.

Just imagine Akok getting hot and splashing from outside or him penetrating to the hole and finishing near the rim. If Sal can get him a little thicker it’ll tough for the other guy to stop.

Reaction Score
Its nice to read and when you think about the other very talented freshmen coming in you get that little itch of excitement in your belly. The thing that tempers my enthusiasm is sure it'd be great if Akok is as good as advertised and has a big season for us but if he does you know hes one and done.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Plus we seemingly haven’t had a threat like this since DD.

Just imagine Akok getting hot and splashing from outside or him penetrating to the hole and finishing near the rim. If Sal can get him a little thicker it’ll tough for the other guy to stop.

I wouldn't expect him to be slashing barring a pretty big jump in skills. He can catch lobs and shoot 3s. Maybe handle a bit in transition.

C

Chief00

Thanks. Chiep appreciates it.
He does sound a little like Chiep, doesn’t he? Or she?
So you think we had a poor recruiting class? How disrespectful to the coaches and players and a complete distortion from the reality of a top 20 type class.

Your sad cry for attention by trying to live vicariously through your perverted version of someone successful is a poster child for mental illness. God bless you as you struggle with these issues.

To educate you a little, this is how you recruit and built a winning program. The problem is this is really Danny’s first class and he needs the time to string together three or four classes and then you have a talent rich deep program like Coach Calhoun used to have. Big picture - Everything is proceeding according to plan.

Now get back on the turnip truck and move on to the next town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If you go to the next player on the list in Scottie Lewis, my gosh what a talent. Don’t know much about him but guy looks like Andre Iguodala right now lol, jealous.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So you think we had a poor recruiting class? How disrespectful to the coaches and players and a complete distortion from the reality of a top 20 type class.

Your sad cry for attention by trying to live vicariously through your perverted version of someone successful is a poster child for mental illness. God bless you as you struggle with these issues.

To educate you a little, this is how you recruit and built a winning program. The problem is this is really Danny’s first class and he needs the time to string together three or four classes and then you have a talent rich deep program like Coach Calhoun used to have. Big picture - Everything is proceeding according to plan.

You would know all about sad cries for attention, wouldn’t you?

Reaction Score

Wow, touched on a nerve, did we?

On the contrary, Chiep thinks this class is great. Will be outstanding if Hurley can top it of with a center. And Chiep fully respects Dan Hurleys ability to lead the program back to prominence.

No attention seeking here. Just someone who believes the program needs casual fans much more than delusional insider wannabes. That second paragraph says it well. Did you copy and paste it from someone else’s response to one of your posts?

And no kidding. Thanks for the “education” on how to build a program. Real good job of stating the obvious. But you do that so well, don’t you? As if the coaching staff would let a third person bathroom stalker in on their plan.

There’s a couple empty seats next to me on the turnip truck. How bout you and Bunkey joining me?

GO HUSKIES.

Reaction Score
Where would Cliff fall on this list? Sure seems like we are still all over him and he is going to reclass......
UCONN.jpg

Reaction Score
Where would Cliff fall on this list? Sure seems like we are still all over him and he is going to reclass.
View attachment 43819
I would love for this to happen. And no, Chiep isn’t predicting anything. I think the end result would be better than Kofi.
Regarding Precious, it would’ve been nice to chalk up a recruiting win but this program doesn’t need one and dones at this point.
Hurley really seems to have his stuff together. This is beginning to feel like the Calhoun build.

Reaction Score
Wow, touched on a nerve, did we?

On the contrary, Chiep thinks this class is great. Will be outstanding if Hurley can top it of with a center. And Chiep fully respects Dan Hurleys ability to lead the program back to prominence.

No attention seeking here. Just someone who believes the program needs casual fans much more than delusional insider wannabes. That second paragraph says it well. Did you copy and paste it from someone else’s response to one of your posts?

And no kidding. Thanks for the “education” on how to build a program. Real good job of stating the obvious. But you do that so well, don’t you? As if the coaching staff would let a third person bathroom stalker in on their plan.

There’s a couple empty seats next to me on the turnip truck. How bout you and Bunkey joining me?

GO HUSKIES.
Clearly Stair Masters burner. Chief broke his brain

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Clearly Stair Masters burner. Chief broke his brain

Not my burner, but he’s definitely making this site a much better place.

Meanwhile, Chief is having another one of the temper tantrums he throws every time someone dares question him. But it’s other people with broken brains?

Reaction Score

Meanwhile, Chief is having another one of the temper tantrums he throws every time someone dares question him. But it’s other people with broken brains?
Confirmed.

Don’t know Stain but thinks he may be sitting across from Chiep on the truck. Whatta ya think Bunk?

Reaction Score

Be less fragile

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone else of the opinion that we see Akok at the 5 a bunch next year. I would much prefer him to only play that stretch 4 type spot but he’s so long that he can easily guard american conference 5s, our roster lends itself to more of a transition or 4/5 out offenses and he’s still raw; the 5 is easier to play than the stretch 4 spot where you may need to handle the ball. Especially if we don’t land Manuel for next year.

Reaction Score
Anyone else of the opinion that we see Akok at the 5 a bunch next year. I would much prefer him to only play that stretch 4 type spot but he’s so long that he can easily guard american conference 5s, our roster lends itself to more of a transition or 4/5 out offenses and he’s still raw; the 5 is easier to play than the stretch 4 spot where you may need to handle the ball. Especially if we don’t land Manuel for next year.

Josh is the clear 5 but if he’s in foul trouble or needs a break Akok will definitely see minutes at the 5. Some of that depends on if Polley or Wilson show they can be successful playing the 4. I think there will be a lot of experimenting early on as opposed to last season where coach tried to be very consistent with his starters and rotations until the injuries happened.

Reaction Score

If he is playing any kind of significant minutes at the 5 we haven't picked up Manuel and we are in big trouble. He has great length but is still barely over 200lbs.

The 5 on my 14u team weighs more than him.

A few minutes when we want to gey out and run, or vs less talented 5s and we'll be fine. Against any decent teams, that win't cut it.

Reaction Score
Akok may be skilled but can his frail frame stay on the court especially going up against bulksters the way he surely will? He’s going to play guys that are way more muscular in the 4 slot. The rebounding doesn’t concern me as much as potential injury. It’s a war down there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom