Akinjo The next great UConn Point Guard (Video) | The Boneyard

Akinjo The next great UConn Point Guard (Video)

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Love the way this kid does the little things. Every pass is with purpose, precision, and confidence. The speed he puts on his passes and just the way he moves so low and in control with the ball remind me so much of Shabazz.

Reaction Score
He looks really skilled finishing with his left hand too, something that even a lot of elite college players never get. Looks like he can blow by his guy left or right. Seems to have a nice pull up jumper as well. He's got some Bazz in his game, but the midrange game and the way he moves reminds me of Boatright.

Reaction Score
Looks like a great complimentary piece to Adams/Gilbert next year. With the return of Larrier we would have a Final4 caliber team in 2018-19. Could win it all in Minneapolis.

Could see all of the above happening. Crossing my fingers! :) That Iowa/UConn game next year could be a preview of 2 Final4 teams. Both teams clearly a year away if rosters remain stable.

Reaction Score
He looks really skilled finishing with his left hand too, something that even a lot of elite college players never get. Looks like he can blow by his guy left or right. Seems to have a nice pull up jumper as well. He's got some Bazz in his game, but the midrange game and the way he moves reminds me of Boatright.
I think he is naturally left handed.

Reaction Score
Looks like a great complimentary piece to Adams/Gilbert next year. With the return of Larrier we would have a Final4 caliber team in 2018-19. Could win it all in Minneapolis.

Could see all of the above happening. Crossing my fingers! :) That Iowa/UConn game next year could be a preview of 2 Final4 teams. Both teams clearly a year away if rosters remain stable.

Hard to see Adams and Larrier sticking around.

Reaction Score

Hes left handed. Just shoots right, probably why he flicks with the left too much.

Also he cant go right or finish right. Very one dimensional in that regard like jalen

Reaction Score
Hes left handed. Just shoots right, probably why he flicks with the left too much.

Also he cant go right or finish right. Very one dimensional in that regard like jalen

I'm not sure how he can be left handed if he shoots right handed? Help me understand, not busting balls just curious?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how he can be left handed if he shoots right handed? Help me understand, not busting balls juts curious?
I'm left-handed but shoot right-handed, throw a baseball right-handed, etc.

Reaction Score

Well he went right numerous times just in that highlight video, so not sure what you're talking about. If you shoot right handed surely you can make a layup right handed as well

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how he can be left handed if he shoots right handed? Help me understand, not busting balls just curious?

He is naturally left handed and was taught to shoot righty as a kid. Happens all the time--ben simmons comes to mind

Reaction Score
Well he went right numerous times just in that highlight video, so not sure what you're talking about. If you shoot right handed surely you can make a layup right handed as well

Actually he got to the rim once going right. Every other time he either floated it or passed. I imagine he can finish right (and did from the left side), but he has to develop his handle if he wants to be successful at this level. Im sure ollie is telling him that as well.

Some of you are delusional, its okay,Tyler Phommachanh be critical. Hes a great player but has some things to work on

Reaction Score
Actually he got to the rim once going right. Every other time he either floated it or passed. I imagine he can finish right (and did from the left side), but he has to develop his handle if he wants to be successful at this level. Im sure ollie is telling him that as well.

Some of you are delusional, its okay,Tyler Phommachanh be critical. Hes a great player but has some things to work on

No one is delusional (except Cuse fans of course), heck the Top 10 players have things they need to get better at. He's a good player, can impact the program, it's okay to be positive about stuff. People like what they see and why not?

Reaction Score
No one is delusional (except Cuse fans of course), heck the Top 10 players have things they need to get better at. He's a good player, can impact the program, it's okay to be positive about stuff. People like what they see and why not?

Delusion is thinking he is anywhere near balanced with his handle. Positivity is saying he has time to improve and his other attributes are solid. Great competitiveness, accurate fron deep, nice vision etc. Dont call him something hes not

And to be fair it can be harder to notice those little things for the casual fans ;) im a coach and trainer so I pick up on these things really quickly: its my job.

Reaction Score
Delusion is thinking he is anywhere near balanced with his handle. Positivity is saying he has time to improve and his other attributes are solid. Great competitiveness, accurate fron deep, nice vision etc. Dont call him something hes not

And to be fair it can be harder to notice those little things for the casual fans ;) im a coach and trainer so I pick up on these things really quickly: its my job.

I played the game a long time and understand it well, I know what you're saying he needs work but so do the players Kentucky brings in. The base is there he's going to be a good one for someone.

Reaction Score

He definitely needs to improve his handle, especially going right, but what I saw is someone who is ideal in a 2pg system: he can nail the open 3; after some else drives and kicks, he should be able to attack to assist on an easy basket or a 3 for someone else; and he has that instinct to create his own step back 3 (in time maybe close to bazz - but already very good balance on the step Back); and lastly the leadership qualities that you can't teach.

All said, I think other pg's should be happy to play with him.

Reaction Score

The kid has great handle you made your point now let it go

Reaction Score
The kid looks exactly like Shabazz Napier, if it's his handle, his form on his jump shot, & his pull up jump shot couldn't get any closer to Shabazz's.

Napier 2.0.

He's Napier in every way

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom