AK: The Most Talent He’s Seen Here | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AK: The Most Talent He’s Seen Here

Reaction Score
Exactly. Newton when the game pressure increased and Hurley was yelling and everyone else's heart rate jumped, Newton's blood pressure decreased and kept things under control. His 2 title game performances will go down in UConn legend and lore.

I think people forget Newton was 1st team Big East, BET MOP, 1st team All-American, Bob Cousy Award winner, and NCAAT MOP. And he was the PG and floor leader of the intricate offense the Huskies run that is the envy of every team and their fanbases.
.... and very likely not a lottery pick

Reaction Score
Game one I'd have Diarra/Mahaney/McNeeley/Karaban/Johnson.

Last game probably Mahaney/Ball or Stewart/McNeeley/Karaban/Johnson.

Think one of Ball or Stewart has a huge breakout. Defensively Diarra/Mahaney is small, Ball or Stewart gives us a plus athlete with size to guard the other teams best wing.

Reed has a chance if Johnson hasn't improved.
Idk why you’re so down on Mahaney when he’s our new cam Spencer and the way Hurley has talked about reed he’s got a lot more than a chance to start over Samson, I think it’s more than 50/50 on his favor. A starting backcourt of ball and Stewart to end the season would be a terrifying adventure in ball handling

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This might sound like an oversimplification but I think how far we can go might depend to a great extent on how big our Johnson can get during the off-season. He needs to be stronger down low.

We're going to miss those two experienced guards for sure. That's going to be the biggest adjustment. Who's running the offense and can create a clutch opportunity when we need it.
If our Johnson gets bigger and can really penetrate, then we will be 'ballin for sure.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If you're getting those numbers from 247, they have Adams in that recruiting class and he never went to Kansas. And we have the benefit of knowing that Jackson was not nearly as good as his ranking. Bidunga is the best player from either class and I like Passmore. Furphy shot 9/29 in their 3 postseason games.
He’s talking about KJ Adams. Who started the last two seasons. KU is going to be very good. The question is how they gel as a team. Bidingnga will free Dickinson up to play with more intensity since he will play fewer minutes. Certainly a top 5 squad.

Reaction Score
I think he will more like our new Newton.
I don’t see that. Mahaney isnt a pure PG he’s a CG like cam. Newton was also big for a PG at 6’5 and an awesome rebounder. I don’t see Mahaney getting triple doubles

Reaction Score
He’s talking about KJ Adams. Who started the last two seasons. KU is going to be very good. The question is how they gel as a team. Bidingnga will free Dickinson up to play with more intensity since he will play fewer minutes. Certainly a top 5 squad.
No auror was right I was talking about KUs recruiting class last year and some guy named Adams decommitted and went to BYU. But Even without Adams That class ranked higher than this years class.

I agree KU is a top 5 team and final four contender I just don’t think they’re the best team which some sites and casuals think

Reaction Score
Interesting. I like this. Well need

I would argue for this ranking:

Starters

Key bench guys

Deep bench guys
2023 and 2024 were proven teams. 2025 has not done so yet. Until they prove themselves on the court in a similar fashion as the prior 2 teams, they should be ranked last.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
2023 and 2024 were proven teams. 2025 has not done so yet. Until they prove themselves on the court in a similar fashion as the prior 2 teams, they should be ranked last.
In mid June 2022 we really didn't know what should have been expected with the upcoming season nor did we view the players as proven.

I'm not claiming that we will hit the jackpot every year, just that we haven't been fully informed on where we will be this far in advance since maybe June 2003.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A dominant center, defense, and testiculos are the variables. Plenty of guys can shoot threes and dunk in practice. The bar is unbelievable high to match these last two seasons where UConn was the best team for almost 400 days. Poll ignorance aside.

Reaction Score
we are the deepest team in the country along with Bama, so we have the quantity to 3peat, the question is do we have the the quality?
Health, skill and good fortune are key for everyone. College hoops is a fun season win, lose or draw.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we have the same talent at the top of the roster. For that reason I view our ceiling as being lower than the last two years.

Don’t see an AA candidate like we’ve had in Sanogo and then Clingan. A guy that you know on any given night will be the best player on the floor.

I still think this will be a great (and really fun) team. But see that as the main difference as of right now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Next season's UConn will win less games than this past season and may be closer to 2023 record
The talent may be there but not the experience. DH will have the humming by the second half of the season.

Reaction Score
A bigger and thicker Johnson would be beneficial.
Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
This team has loads of offensive potential, scoring, shooting, etc.

It is all going to come down to defense. It won't get near last years level of defense but there is nobody better at teaching it than Hurley.

The good thing about being so deep, is nobody can slack on their defense. There will always be someone on the bench able and willing to step up their D to get playing time.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we have the same talent at the top of the roster. For that reason I view our ceiling as being lower than the last two years.

Don’t see an AA candidate like we’ve had in Sanogo and then Clingan. A guy that you know on any given night will be the best player on the floor.

I still think this will be a great (and really fun) team. But see that as the main difference as of right now.

Karaban bro

Reaction Score
Karaban bro
I don’t think he’s really that type of player. Because of his limited athleticism & ball handling he can’t really create on his own. So he’s more of an ultra talented supportive/connective player.

But maybe he will show some more of that this upcoming year.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s really that type of player. Because of his limited athleticism & ball handling he can’t really create on his own. So he’s more of an ultra talented supportive/connective player.

But maybe he will show some more of that this upcoming year.
Larry Bird. Limited athleticism and ball handling.
I want AK to create, drive more and shoot off the dribble whether it be all the way to the rim or pull up shots, and I think he can do it, and get to the line. He shouldn’t just be a spot up shooter. He came back to be an all around better player and has been working on it I bet. Big year coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom