AK on our freshmen squad | The Boneyard

AK on our freshmen squad

Reaction Score
Makes sense given aggressiveness was the key to his success and he’s had a couple huge confidence boosts over the last several months with the tourney and a strong showing at the g league camp.
Great point. I can speak for myself that I mistakenly assess the team's value by the returnees metrics from last season, when, with all likelihood -AK, Diarra, Clingan, SJ and Newton- will all improve: some greatly.

Reaction Score
Coming from AK, this made me grin from ear to ear. freshmen will be freshmen with up and downs but we are in a fun ride.

And Spencer quote, I honestly think a repeat is not that far fetched.

Considering that everything Karaban told me last summer ended up coming to fruition, he doesn't seem like a bullspitter. So this is a good sign.

Reaction Score
Coming from AK, this made me grin from ear to ear. freshmen will be freshmen with up and downs but we are in a fun ride.

And Spencer quote, I honestly think a repeat is not that far fetched.

Considering that everything Karaban told me last summer ended up coming to fruition, he doesn't seem like a bullspitter. So this is a good sign.
Alex has extremely intelligent insights.

Actually, both on and off the court, Alex has already proven to be one of the most intelligent, astute young men to ever don the UConn uniform. I had a good feeling about him from all the scouting reports that he was signficantly under-ranked when he was a HS senior. The truth is he has proven to be even more valuable than that.

If he stays even 3 years, let alone 4, Alex will prove to be one of the best, and most valuable basketball players to ever play here. And you can already see he has the makings to be a great coach some day. He consistently seems to be a step or two ahead of most of our opponents already and offers articulate and accurate assessments of what he observes from other players.

I continue to be amazed by the quality of the young men who have played at UConn since Calhoun became our head coach. So many of these guys are even better people than they are basketball players (with a couple of exceptions, of course). Makes me proud to be an alumnus as well as a fan of UConn basketball.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Ok everyone here comes my player comparison. He is a 21st century version of Larry Bird. Maybe not as big but definitely more athletic and he is only going to become a better shooter and he is already very good. I think he will be a great shooter as his career continues. Bird had that shot where he put the ball off to the side just above his right ear. Squared his elbow that way. AK shot is distinct as well the way he sets it kind of straight in front and just above his eyes. We are comparing Clingan to Jokic so I figured I would take it to another level

Reaction Score
Ok everyone here comes my player comparison. He is a 21st century version of Larry Bird. Maybe not as big but definitely more athletic and he is only going to become a better shooter and he is already very good. I think he will be a great shooter as his career continues. Bird had that shot where he put the ball off to the side just above his right ear. Squared his elbow that way. AK shot is distinct as well the way he sets it kind of straight in front and just above his eyes. We are comparing Clingan to Jokic so I figured I would take it to another level

No.

Reaction Score
128EF3obfn0iqs.gif

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So he’s gonna be a top ten player of all time?

Reaction Score
If it's an old Celtic, it'd be John Havlicek.

Reaction Score
He is more a Bill Bradley, even has a similar posture.
1688877875206.jpeg

Reaction Score
Would love to see that come to fruition, but I’ve seen nothing that would cause me to compare him to Bird. Huge basketball I.Q.? Absolutely. But lots of guys have that. Bird was a stupendous one on one player who could get his own shot out of nothing. To date, Karaban gets his points out of the offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What passes as the NBA game today, will soon have to be blown up. Finals TV ratings have dropped nearly 2/3rds from the Michael Jordan days. 50% of the shots being 3’s with the other guys just standing around the 3 line, just doesn’t work. Nor does Adam Silver’s Commissionership. A poor imitation of the great David Stern. Some guys like Hathaway were always meant to be number #2 administrators not strategic leaders.

The day will come again when teams with guys like Adama will be the model again. It will be about, defense, rebounding and fast break. As with Bird, the 3 will be a timely weapon at the right moments. Post play will come back too. I see Alex Karaban being successful in that model too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What passes as the NBA game today, will soon have to be blown up. Finals TV ratings have dropped nearly 2/3rds from the Michael Jordan days. 50% of the shots being 3’s with the other guys just standing around the 3 line, just doesn’t work. Nor does Adam Silver’s Commissionership. A poor imitation of the great David Stern. Some guys like Hathaway were always meant to be number #2 administrators not strategic leaders.

The day will come again when teams with guys like Adama will be the model again. It will be about, defense, rebounding and fast break. As with Bird, the 3 will be a timely weapon at the right moments. Post play will come back too. I see Alex Karaban being successful in that model too.
From my perspective, that's a much more enjoyable game to watch, but I don't see that happening.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Ok we all think DC is the next Jokic…..I knew my comparison was a stretch but no one has ever done what Jokic did this year. I will put this one in the vault and see what happens when these guys hit the next level. Not saying I am right the post was more a reaction post. I knew there would be some of us in the forum that might consider my comment blasphemous but I posted it anyway. He is much bigger and quicker than Bradley and Hondo. Bradley was I think listed at 6’5” or 6’6” doubt he was that tall and Hondo was listed at 6’7” but was not that tall. But I do think the comps to them is a fair evaluation.

Reaction Score
Havlicek was one of the most creative shot makers I have ever seen. He was often off balance when he let the ball go especially when he was in the lane. There is no one on the Huskies like him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom