AJax on ESPNU now Bucks vs Nets | The Boneyard

AJax on ESPNU now Bucks vs Nets

Reaction Score
He looks really good. From the limited sample. Hit a 3, caught an alley oop and forced a turnover in a 2 minute window. He could be the surprise of the draft. Ah, and we wanted to bench him.

Reaction Score
He looks really good. From the limited sample. Hit a 3, caught an alley oop and forced a turnover in a 2 minute window. He could be the surprise of the draft. Ah, and we wanted to bench him.
They aren’t guarding him 10’ from the basket. He’s got a way to go.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I see Nets are playing off AJax. Just missed a wide open 3. So-so line of 5 pts, 5 reb, 1 asst, 4 TOs in 21 mins thus far, but a horrendous -25 +/- for the game.

Bucks are really sloppy in 2nd half.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He still needs to develop a mid-range shot besides that ugly floater he does. He would be money if he had that midrange to go with his dribbling, rebounding and defense.
Yup, we know. Hope he works it out. Really hoped he’d be back for #6.

Reaction Score
He's blocking the drives to the hoop, but unfortuneatly taking the driver into the stands as well - and 2

Reaction Score
He was doing his usual Jackson stuff. Grabbing and going in transition. Finding guys. Defending. Playing with pace and intensity.

But the Bucks just missed every shot and layup and threw the ball away a bunch and then the Nets just took the ball down in transition and drew a foul. That was basically the entire 3rd quarter.

His man sagging may have contributed to some of the offensive struggles, because they were digging down hard on drives off him, but his teammates weren't moving the ball when the help came. They just let the defender come down and swipe the ball.

Reaction Score
“We”?

Reaction Score

2.06 mil guaranteed. Y1 fully, Y2 partially.
That's... not great. If that's accurate that's less guaranteed than Chris Livingston their last pick got.

Reaction Score
That's... not great. If that's accurate that's less guaranteed than Chris Livingston their last pick got.
Its close. According to that site, Livingston got 3 guaranteed.

They both got about 7m/4years with 2-3 guaranteed. But you're right that something seems off. I wouldnt be surprised if Spotrac made a mistake.

caw

Reaction Score

Yeah, it appears so. Which is odd. I guess it's because of Livingston's age? They probably think he can grow more as a player.

Reaction Score
Its close. According to that site, Livingston got 3 guaranteed.

They both got about 7m/4years with 2-3 guaranteed. But you're right that something seems off. I wouldnt be surprised if Spotrac made a mistake.
It's also only getting one year fully guaranteed. It's going to be hard for him to stick in the league if he doesn't have a guaranteed roster spot, because teams are less likely to invest minutes in you. It really puts pressure on him to contribute this year.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Livingston being the last pick is a bit misleading when comparing contracts, he shut down all workouts a few weeks before the draft because he'd already agreed to a contract behind the scenes. The Bucks basically just floated him down to their last pick
Yeah but he wasn't projected to be a top 40 pick either. He was like consensus late '40s, behind Sanogo.

Reaction Score
Yeah but he wasn't projected to be a top 40 pick either. He was like consensus late '40s, behind Sanogo.
I don’t think so Sanogo was the biggest up hill battle . The scouts hated him of course , he doesn’t check the right boxes for todays NBA and those guy are box checkers to the max but he impressed enough coaches to get a buzz. With Jackson the question was not if but where . Incredible athlete who sees the floor like few and is an elite passer. Skills more appreciated today. His handle is above average for a guy that can transition to rim protection. People who passed on him will regret it .
To me he was a lock for that type of open floor NBA even more so than the college game .

Reaction Score
I don’t think so Sanogo was the biggest up hill battle . The scouts hated him of course , he doesn’t check the right boxes for todays NBA and those guy are box checkers to the max but he impressed enough coaches to get a buzz. With Jackson the question was not if but where . Incredible athlete who sees the floor like few and is an elite passer. Skills more appreciated today. His handle is above average for a guy that can transition to rim protection. People who passed on him will regret it .
To me he was a lock for that type of open floor NBA even more so than the college game .
Talking about Livingston.

Reaction Score
I believe both got almost identical deals as part of the the new nba 2nd round agreement. The difference we see I think is Ajax having his second year option partially guaranteed and Livingston’s is fully guaranteed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom