Aja Wilson | The Boneyard

Aja Wilson

Reaction Score
if SC wins the NC...would Aja leave and be the #1 WNBA pick?

Reaction Score
Not sure why you think that but she isn't eligible

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
No she won't be a senior or turn 22 before the draft.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The thread had nowhere to go from the beginning. The question was a non starter.
Not for you to decide. Boneyard threads meander. I'd rather have folks engaging in humor or discussing something of interest than squabbling over A'ja Wilson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not for you to decide. Boneyard threads meander. I'd rather have folks engaging in humor or discussing something of interest than squabbling over A'ja Wilson.

Well in celebration of the Gamecocks winning... should I fry some chicken for dinner... or just grill it?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

sorry, my bad

Reaction Score
if SC wins the NC...would Aja leave and be the #1 WNBA pick?
If she chose to leave, she well could be the number one pick ( as NCAA tournament MVP ). And if the pay scales were similar to those in the NBA, she probably would leave ( to make multiple million, that is ). But she is loyal to South Carolina( and native to the state ), the financial incentives are not that compelling in the WNBA, and will remain. They have an excellent chance of repeating, as they had no senior starter on the floor.

Reaction Score
I think Wilson is great and when she is eligible will have a really great WNBA career.

Reaction Score
Normally the reason for leaving early for the draft is for financial gain. I think the league maximum for WNBA is like 105k a year. If that was my option, I'd honestly take the extra year to get my degree. I don't know what signing bonuses are for women and I'm sure someone of her caliber would make decent money in endorsement deals. But I think for the women players, the degree is much more valuable than their male counterparts.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Maybe a more interesting and less "downhill" question about A'ja is whether (now that Dawn Staley is the 2020 US Olympic coach) A'ja is a near-lock to make the 2020 Olympic team. Personally I think that is the case, and moreover, I think it is well deserved based on her current credentials and likely development by 2020.

Reaction Score
If she chose to leave, she well could be the number one pick ( as NCAA tournament MVP ). And if the pay scales were similar to those in the NBA, she probably would leave ( to make multiple million, that is ). But she is loyal to South Carolina( and native to the state ), the financial incentives are not that compelling in the WNBA, and will remain. They have an excellent chance of repeating, as they had no senior starter on the floor.

Next season has taken on a new level of interest for many. Maybe the Huskies won't be pre-season number one again...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Congrats to Wilson, an AA in the truest sense of the word.

And congrats to my southern brethren on a championship season! A tremendous consolation prize for playing in such an over-rated conference.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Could Wilson leave to play overseas? I dont know if there is an age requirement. Prince left Rutgers early, but i dont recall her age then.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Maybe a more interesting and less "downhill" question about A'ja is whether (now that Dawn Staley is the 2020 US Olympic coach) A'ja is a near-lock to make the 2020 Olympic team. Personally I think that is the case, and moreover, I think it is well deserved based on her current credentials and likely development by 2020.

Well I don't know about the "Lock" just yet. Certainly she has the talent and is on a trajectory to be an elite pro player. However there are a few years yet before that 2020 team is assembled. Lots can happen in 3 years. She is a talent for sure.

Reaction Score

Huh???? As was pointed out, she is NOT allowed to declare for the draft. Her remaining has nothing to do with loyalty or financial incentives. As for having an "excellent" chance of repeating, if 5-10% is excellent, then yes they do.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Wilson, an AA in the truest sense of the word.

And congrats to my southern brethren on a championship season! A tremendous consolation prize for playing in such an over-rated conference.
Wasn't it a SEC team that eliminated Baylor? It seems like the Big 12 was the over- rated conference this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom