A'ja Wilson was a contributor to a UConn Men's mash-up on UConn's Facebook page | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson was a contributor to a UConn Men's mash-up on UConn's Facebook page

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
What in hell is a 'mash-up' and how do you contribute?

Reaction Score

It's a single view of a bunch of newspaper front pages. She's listed as someone involved in putting it together. That's all I know.

HGN

Reaction Score
PacoSwede, i am with you. I was hoping I could read this blog and somehow find out what a 'mash-up' was too..... Someone please help us out here. What's a mash-up?

HGN

Reaction Score
It's a single view of a bunch of newspaper front pages. She's listed as someone involved in putting it together. That's all I know.
Thanks.........Its a lot more than I knew 5 minutes ago.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She can't mash-up with South Carolina, Tennessee nor North Carolina men... sooooooooooo

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into it. She's very active in social media, like many kids, and Tweets about all the teams. Bigger worry than leans is whether she would be willing to give that up as she would have to in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into it. She's very active in social media, like many kids, and Tweets about all the teams. Bigger worry than leans is whether she would be willing to give that up as she would have to in Storrs.

I agree that this is ZERO indication of any lean. I also feel that if the social media rules of a certain school plays any part in her decision then she is definitely not a "UConn type" player.

Reaction Score
Well she was rooting for KY to win against UCONN......on Twitter

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
In general, a mash-up is when you take two or more media items -- usually pre-existing, but sometimes original -- (audio, video, photos, drawings, etc.) and put them together. Sometimes the items are related content, sometimes contrasting, sometimes just askew. Sometimes the items are shown/heard serially, sometimes they run simultaneously. It's an art form particularly suited to the digital realm.

If you saw the movie "Pitch Perfect", the simultaneous performance of 2 songs that occurred throughout the film were good simple examples.

I think the use of the term to describe putting together parts of multiple web pages to create or enhance another web page may have been the original denotation. But it's become more general.

Last edited:

GG

Reaction Score
Based on my review of her Twitter account, she did not appear to be rooting for UCONN at all. I am not certain what that means in terms of her decision, but I certainly don't think it's good. What will be, will be.

Reaction Score
I am unaware of any UConn signee who had an announcement extravaganza on ESPNU.
Stewie signed her LOI on the hood of her father's car.

I wish A'ja the best of luck at South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Forget signing on the hood of a car, how about Stewie asking Geno that she would like to commit if he would have her? Are you kidding me? I don't think I've ever seen a kid so humble, and it was enough for Doris to spend a minute or so talking about it. I'm over the recruiting thing and who we're going to get or not going to get. Is there anyone out there anywhere that doesn't think Geno will put together a 10th championship team, Wilson or not? We have a great group coming in, and they are dedicated to UConn and upholding the tradition. That's what it takes to win 9 national championships in 20 years. I hate to dismiss any recruit, but I'm always a little uneasy with those that are on the fence. Those are the ones that seem to get homesick the first time Geno barks at them in practice. Not everyone can play for this program. It's an opportunity. Some can handle it while others are afraid of it. If you're on the fence about coming here, then don't. That's ultimately best for both sides. Luckily we've been able to get great kids here year after year that give their all to this program and their team, and I don't expect that to change any time soon in the college basketball capital of the world.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I can't believe some are using the fact that she didn't tweet about the men's team as proof she is choosing USC.

I bet she tweets very little about the women.

She will announce on the 16th. And keep things close to the vest until then.

Reaction Score
I can't believe some are using the fact that she didn't tweet about the men's team as proof she is choosing USC.

I bet she tweets very little about the women.

She will announce on the 16th. And keep things close to the vest until then.
I think when she posts things like this people start to speculate. She did say congrats to Stewie Steph and Bria.. Maybe she just doesn't want to give anything away. We will find out in 7 days :)

This is the tweet..
A'ja Wilson ∞ ‏@_ajawilson22 3h
@paul_gebauer: @_ajawilson22 who ya got”-- honestly not sure I Idc I just wanna see a great game !
1f601.png
1f44c.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I hope se saw a great game... unless she was mashing up for Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors