A'ja talk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

A'ja talk

Reaction Score
I have loved watching her play and wear her pearls for the four years! She is a terrific person and personality.

Reaction Score
Wilson is in for a rude awakening as it's unlikely that the refs in the WNBA will let her get away with a lot of what she did during her career. I'm surprised she didn't injure one of her elbows, she used them so much.

Great career, yes, but the anointment during the last half was over the top. The only thing missing was mentioning her in the same breath as Mother Teresa.

Wilson is a good but not great player. Ranking her #1 in college is over rating her. There are at least a couple better all around players.
Despite what others may feel, there will ALWAYS be an asterisk to their title from last year.

Anyways, good player and congrats to her for solid 4 years.

Reaction Score
I only resented the carrying on about A'ja is because there was NO mention of the accomplishments of Kia and Gabby.

2 National Championships so far.
111 Game Winning Streak
Have only lost two games in their career.

Kia and Gabby had amazing careers. Humble & Classy ladies. Go get #12

Reaction Score
I just didn't like the close up of her crying in split screen. I say it was in poor taste by ESPN. Let her have some privacy.

Reaction Score
Wilson is a good but not great player. Ranking her #1 in college is over rating her. There are at least a couple better all around players.
Despite what others may feel, there will ALWAYS be an asterisk to their title from last year.

Anyways, good player and congrats to her for solid 4 years.

What asterisk? Does everyone get an asterisk if they don't go through UConn for the title? You have to win 6 games. Not six games and beat UCONN

Reaction Score
What asterisk? Does everyone get an asterisk if they don't go through UConn for the title? You have to win 6 games. Not six games and beat UCONN

That's fine. Still they never beat UCONN and were completely fortunate that the true best team last year fell victim to a once in a blue moon situation.
I'm not the only one who will always think of their title with a bit of a "not really the best team" qualifier.

Nonetheless, you have the 2017 trophy.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine one of the UCONN ladies coming out to the post game presser wearing their earrings and what appeared to be a pearl necklace?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom