AJ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AJ

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I was thinking of AJ's athleticism and came up with this:

How did we not see the obvious similarities to an all time Top 50 NBA player? You people are more looney than the old cesspool.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
I think it's a noisy minority that has the magnifying glass out for Jackson's mistakes and the blinders on for his facilitating, rebounding, everything else. Personally if I'm watching a player who's off the ball, it's usually him. His game is exciting and fun and helps us win.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Luckily, it doesn't matter what some knuckleheads on the yard say about Andre's supposed shortcomings. The man in charge knows what he has and thankfully we will get to see Andre playing plenty of minutes for the rest of his career at UConn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i don't have a direct player comparison for him yet. too soon.
for now, when i watch him on the court, i think this,
1467803994_9.jpg

i mean, sumone here did point out that he already is top-o-the-charts in defense.
in America.
beastin feastin. tasty.

Reaction Score
Not an outside threat, gets beat off the dribble, and can't drive. You've said it all. I'll add, puts himself on an island on both ends of the floor. What you have left is a high flyer who can dunk on breakaways and grab the odd rebound. 11 rebounds is great but we have an entire team that can rebound well. We wouldn't miss those. If he was a monster on the offensive glass and put back missed shots, we'd have something. Instead, we have a guy with a lot to work on and other options that fit better.

AJ's value should be as a swing player who can play effectively at the 2, 3 and 4 and even matchup as a 1 or even a 5. Athletically, he should be a stretch 4, an unstoppable 3, or an outside sniper. In short, he should be a better version of Niels Giffey. Instead, he's a not as good version of Stanley Robinson. Great highlight material but makes more mistakes than winning plays. They lead to fouls against are better players, turnovers, and botched possessions. If I could other him some advice it would be to do less, focus on defending, rebounding, and movement without the ball. Also work on his hands (catching and holding the ball). I don't think he can be a better dribbler, in season. That's an offseason project. We've had a dozen guys like AJ who play 10-12 minutes a game and been positive contributors. Playing him 20-25 is coaching malpractice right now.
He makes plenty of winning plays. He made a few the other day getting rebounds and kicking out to open shooters at key times in the game. Plays that nobody else in the floor could make. His handle has been shaky but it’s not as horrible as people here make it out to be. He constantly has the other team on their heels. No matter what, they have to put a body on him and worry about him in transition immediately. He disrupts passsing lanes, he’s able to change shots even when he gets beat…his athleticism is not just good for some highlights. It affects game in many ways. He’s the most explosive athlete to ever play for uconn. Hurley says he might be the best athlete hes ever seen. Playing him 10-12 minutes per game would be crazy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, after looking at this I'm wondering if I had a stroke at some point. How did Martin only play in 7 games out of 11? He's really missed the last 4? I would have failed that test...
The reality of it is that Martin and AJ are both great rebounders at the 2/3. Ajax has stepped up in Martin's absence. I'll go to war with those two any time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How did we not see the obvious similarities to an all time Top 50 NBA player? You people are more looney than the old cesspool.

I see a lot more of Dr. J in his game. The rebound and head up court to make a finger roll at the rim, pure Dr. J. Of course he doesn't pull it off often enough or do a lot of the other things. But when he does that, he looks a lot like him.

Reaction Score
I see a lot more of Dr. J in his game. The rebound and head up court to make a finger roll at the rim, pure Dr. J. Of course he doesn't pull it off often enough or do a lot of the other things. But when he does that, he looks a lot like him.
Just has to attack the rim once he gets the defender on his hip. Like Dr J.. Got the hops to do it.

Reaction Score
Andre is a good player for this team. He's great in transition, great on the boards, a good passer, gets steals, assists and does a lot of the other small things to help the team win. His athleticism is off the charts and he is very unselfish to a fault. With his height, length and motor he is basically a consistent jump shot/3 point shot away from being a lottery pick. It may never happen, but I'm betting it will eventually and we will be lucky enough to get to watch him develop because he hasn't been immediately dominant.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
And we have people badmouthing Jackson's game on the board. Jackson is so far down the list of problems this team has.
He’s a great point forward. It’s exciting to watch him play. His bball IQ is great. He sees plays happening before they happen and plays the right pass before a teammate expects it. Yes his offense needs work but he’s being more aggressive with that aspect. I love his rebounding and when he pushes the tempo

Reaction Score
He’s a great point forward. It’s exciting to watch him play. His bball IQ is great. He sees plays happening before they happen and plays the right pass before a teammate expects it. Yes his offense needs work but he’s being more aggressive with that aspect. I love his rebounding and when he pushes the tempo
He'll be way more appreciated by fans once the offense is figured out. When we're not playing so many offensive liabilities at once his strengths are really going to shine through

Reaction Score
And we have people badmouthing Jackson's game on the board. Jackson is so far down the list of problems this team has.
100%. I argued with so many people late last year who attacked him for his shooting problems. He brings so many things to the table, Andre Jackson is not why we’re losing these games. With that said, he’d shine in a transition game but other teams keep forcing us into these half court rock fights, which are a bad fit for us, especially without Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom