Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
he is down to vandy, ecu and uconn.
he also had offers from gt/md

Reaction Score
yeah an article came out a month ago stating that....I wonder if he is going to come to campus on the 20th.

Hopefully HCPP has a bunch of commits show up on unofficials when these heavy hitters come by so they can bond and maybe convince them to commit

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yeah an article came out a month ago stating that....I wonder if he is going to come to campus on the 20th.

Hopefully HCPP has a bunch of commits show up on unofficials when these heavy hitters come by so they can bond and maybe convince them to commit
really? missed that then. i always read he was down to gt/vandy/uconn with ecu and md having offered. i saw on twitter from a writer that he was down to the 3 i mentioned...

Reaction Score
U gotta figure it's either him or Golden... or somebody else to fill a final WR spot in this class

Reaction Score
Ktuck, I agree, all signs point to that, also I believe that Michael Goodluck out of FL was trying to get up and visit in late January, so I would assume he is still in the mix…

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
haven't heard that name^ hmm. golden at this point seems like a long shot unless hes just sending horrible mixed signals out.

Reaction Score
Dez just tweeted that Liddell will indeed be on campus for an official visit the weekend of the 20th.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nice! we are going to have a handful of kids on our radar all on campus that weekend. sounds like something good in the works to me!

Reaction Score
Dez just tweeted that Liddell will indeed be on campus for an official visit the weekend of the 20th.

That's cool! Liddell and Morgan will be visiting UConn at the same time! Who knows what may happen...but both will be down to their final 2 or 3 schools and looking for the smallest of reasons to make a choice. That could be a benefit if they "compare notes".

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
barrington morris was supose to come up on the 20th as well. i just asked dez if he knew if its still happening. then i went on the recruit sites and i think we have some good news coming. before uconn was just listed as a offer, now we are the only "high" rated school. i like that!!!!!! he had some good other offers.

Reaction Score
barrington morris was supose to come up on the 20th as well. i just asked dez if he knew if its still happening. then i went on the recruit sites and i think we have some good news coming. before uconn was just listed as a offer, now we are the only "high" rated school. i like that!!!!!! he had some good other offers.

What recruiting sites are you referring to Dan? On 24/7, they still have us and all the other schools as "warm", so it can't be that site. That's the one I'm familiar with that uses that system. Which other one(s) is/are you looking at for that info? Would be a nice get! Offered by some pretty good programs!

Reaction Score
It's Rivals. They list him as a 6'3" 240lb inside linebacker. Factoring in growth and red shirt training is he a future defensive tackle?

Reaction Score
Sylva, Hicks and Morris would give UConn 3 prototype ILBs in one class. Brown mentioned some 3-4 sets in his most recent interview which would certainly increase the need for ILBs. I think the years of turning 240 lb guys into DTs may be coming to an end. That was an Edsall trait and I think the current staff sees value in bulk at the DT position and wants guys that are used to carrying that weight (see Myers in this years recruiting class) . I would suspect that at least one of the ILB recruits would redshirt and the most likely to see immediate action would be Sylva as he did a prep year. Still short on OLBs in this class and would like to get at least one even though both Ashiru and Vann are RS freshmen. Opoku transferred, but there is still decent depth. However I never like to go with 0ut an OLB in a whole class.

Reaction Score
It's Rivals. They list him as a 6'3" 240lb inside linebacker. Factoring in growth and red shirt training is he a future defensive tackle?

Thanks KNB. Was able to spot it and now see why Dan is optimistic! Not sure on the position, but those things seem to have a way of sorting themselves out once the positional numbers are known as well as the future growth of the player.

Reaction Score
Morris was recruited by Tulane for DL, so folks may see him filling out a la Kendall. Don't forget we have Norris as an OLB. Also, one must question if we will have a 6'4" safety or if Melifonwu (sp.?) will grow in to an OLB. I, too, believe Opuku tweeted that he was NOT transferring. I am excited about the trend our recuiting is taking and look forward to seeing who fills out the class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What recruiting sites are you referring to Dan? On 24/7, they still have us and all the other schools as "warm", so it can't be that site. That's the one I'm familiar with that uses that system. Which other one(s) is/are you looking at for that info? Would be a nice get! Offered by some pretty good programs!
i look at them all to be honest to gather a feel then i hit up twitter and fbook. i'm a major recruiting stalker i guess you can say.:D

for BM on rivals they have us as "high". only us. he was a minn commit during the fall but dropped that during his season. he has some good other offers including neb/tt/ill/cuse and some local offers like ucf. in december when he planned the visit he wrote on twitter that he was excited to come visit uconn etc...recently he has said things like "can't wait to leave fl in june" and stuff like that. i think we are in good shape!

Reaction Score
Opoku tweeted "I'm still a husky" in response to his transferring rumors, a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
i look at them all to be honest to gather a feel then i hit up twitter and fbook. i'm a major recruiting stalker i guess you can say.:D

for BM on rivals they have us as "high". only us. he was a minn commit during the fall but dropped that during his season. he has some good other offers including neb/tt/ill/cuse and some local offers like ucf. in december when he planned the visit he wrote on twitter that he was excited to come visit uconn etc...recently he has said things like "can't wait to leave fl in june" and stuff like that. i think we are in good shape!

Thanks for explaining your approach Dan. Appreciate all the research you do. I suppose there are clues almost everywhere on the internet...ha!

I was off-track with my thinking when I read your comment on Morris originally. I thought you were referring to 24/7 and not Rivals. Now, I'm all set. You're right though...sounds like his interest in UConn has risen. Perhaps UC is looking at both Morris AND Schwan at DE, hoping to land at least one of them. Guess we'll have some feedback very soon!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
aj liddell is rumored to be down to vandy or uconn.

Reaction Score
aj liddell is rumored to be down to vandy or uconn.

Sweet. I think he makes a great red zone target if he can pack on a little muscle. Tall WR, with great hands and plucks the ball at its highest point. Can get up there pretty good too. Not the fastest WR out there but definitely a TD in the red zone, which is one area last years team struggled with.

Reaction Score
Vandy has 2 WR visiting this weekend. My guess is that Liddell is a plan B should neither of these kids commit. Would be sweet if Brodie and Liddell fell into UConn's lap because of other teams commits.

Reaction Score
Vandy has 2 WR visiting this weekend. My guess is that Liddell is a plan B should neither of these kids commit. Would be sweet if Brodie and Liddell fell into UConn's lap because of other teams commits.

So we should be excited about getting Vandy's plan B's? Yipes....

Reaction Score

What makes you think that Liddell has become their plan B? They have already offered him! So what are they going to say to him when he says "I accept"? "

Well...remember what we said...we wanted to check out these other guys before we can accept your acceptance??" If that's the case, I wouldn't be looking at that school as MY first choice!

Reaction Score
What makes you think that Liddell has become their plan B? They have already offered him! So what are they going to say to him when he says "I accept"? "

It is the same situation as UConn has with Brodie and Levy. Levy has an offer but has been told he has to wait for Brodie to decide before he can commit. Some teams throw out a ton of offers but still have a pecking order as to who they need to hear from before accepting commits from others. May seem a bit shady, but that is how it works.

A far as getting excited about getting Vandy's plan B. This isn't the normal Vandy class. They have a top 25 recruiting class and Franlkin has an open pocketbook in terms of money spent on recruiting. He has scoured the country and has made an incredble amount of offers and has a very good class. For example, Vandy has offered 37 WRs (as opposed to UConns 12). Now whether all these kids could get into Vandy is a huge ??. I still am a bit perplexed by Liddell's rumored preference for ECU as ECU is a fallback for kids with grade issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom