AJ - I don't see it | The Boneyard

AJ - I don't see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hilton, Boone and many others had 'slow' developments, but with determination, coaching and inherit skills they proved their worth by their junior/senior years. AJ has the tools and skills to excel, it will take time.

Its a matter of is AJ 'much' better today than a year ago? So far to me its a yes.

Reaction Score
Hilton, Boone and many others had 'slow' developments, but with determination, coaching and inherit skills they proved their worth by their junior/senior years. AJ has the tools and skills to excel, it will take time.

Its a matter of is AJ 'much' better today than a year ago? So far to me its a yes.
Really better at what? Getting more minutes? His shot is still like he is doing a shotput event. Not very pretty or effective. He gets beat constantly on defense and is sloppy with the ball and a bad handle. He does rebound but he needs to do a better job not showboating it and getting it stolen by a guard. For a top 75 recruit his basketball skills has left a lot to be desired. I see his ceiling if he can improve his shot being that of Stanley Robinson. He needs to work hard on his shooting and handling to move up to the next level. I hope he does but I just don't see it now. Now Hawkins I see the talent oozing if he can tighten up his handle.

Reaction Score

Boone started on a national championship team, albeit in a secondary role as a rebounder and defender. He got better over his 3 years but he looked like he belonged freshman year.

Reaction Score
Of all the things someone can criticize AJ on, I don’t think his “inner” toughness (whatever that means) and bball IQ are on that list.

No one on this team isn't tough. They may be less strong or fast or have less IQ... saying someone doesn't "want it" or isn't "tough" with this crew is ridiculous after Atlantis.

Reaction Score

Um, Josh Boone started 37 games including the NCAA final as a freshman. Jackson can only wish he gets to Boone’s level.

Reaction Score
No doubt a spectacularly tremendous athlete. I don't see sufficient inner toughness or bball IQ to project he will consistently excel at this level.

Really better at what? Getting more minutes? His shot is still like he is doing a shotput event. Not very pretty or effective. He gets beat constantly on defense and is sloppy with the ball and a bad handle. He does rebound but he needs to do a better job not showboating it and getting it stolen by a guard. For a top 75 recruit his basketball skills has left a lot to be desired. I see his ceiling if he can improve his shot being that of Stanley Robinson. He needs to work hard on his shooting and handling to move up to the next level. I hope he does but I just don't see it now. Now Hawkins I see the talent oozing if he can tighten up his handle.
Ok! Cut his minutes and see what happens. Then we will start another thread or post.

Reaction Score
Of all the things someone can criticize AJ on, I don’t think his “inner” toughness (whatever that means) and bball IQ are on that list.
BB IQ should definitely be on the list. He constantly tries to take off before he secures the rebound and gets stripped. He constantly gets beat back door. He constantly throws lazy passes. And he constantly tries to make the spectacular play and ends up turning the ball over. Those things are all the definition of low BB IQ plays. If he just takes his time and plays better fundamentally, he clearly has the athleticism to become special. But he consistently negates his athleticism by trying to BE special. He's got it backwards.

Reaction Score
Jackson is a superior athlete, that’s all as of now. I expect him to improve, but it’s going to take a while.
Agreed - and with the high level basketball skilled players in his position/similar position (i.e. 2's and 3's) already here/lining up in the program (Hawkins, Floyd), commitments (Karaban and Castle) and potentials (Griffiths, etc.) it is only going to get tougher for him to get more PT/reach his ultimate college goals.

Reaction Score
I don't see it.

128760233-blind-man-in-dark-glasses-with-walking-cane-on-white-background.jpg

Reaction Score
Jackson is going to be a star…it’s just a question as to whether it will happen this season or next. Just sit back and enjoy the show because when he gets it together watch out. He’s 2 steps quicker than anyone else I’ve seen step on a basketball court, he just needs to realize exactly how good he is. Not sure what games some people on here are watching. I’ve now read people ripping on RJ, Sanogo and AJ all in the same day…incredible!

Reaction Score
While offensively limited right now, we really need his rebounding and athleticism. However, he needs to stop with the fancy/risky passes and cut the turnovers in transition. Overall net positive player right now albeit with a high ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom