Aidan Mahaney | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel we're over thinking all this. There's a lot of talented ballers entering college each year. Some are more ready physically and next-step ready than others. Ross, who you brought up is an excellent example. Maybe he gets more PT as an under classman elsewhere if the coaching is solid. Then by his junior or senior year (or 5th year in the case due to the extra post pandemic thing) he's a plug and play high level contributor for a top 25 team or the highest bidder.

As much as it seems Hurley knows how to work with this new CBB reality, it's horrible in so many ways. For the coaches it's now 24/7 360 recruiting burnout. Programs are struggling to restock their teams. Many programs will struggle with a lack of continuity. Mid-majors and lower-half (probably some upper level as well) high major conference programs that were hopeful for a nice run the following year are getting their best players pillaged from their rosters, and the fans of these programs are having their hopes dashed. Instead of some Cinderella program (or even an up and coming major conference program that isn't usually atop their conference) running most of their roster back for another successful and exciting season, they're back to rebuilding.

Not sure what can be done to make this player movement and NIL opportunity, which in principle I don't have a problem with and should have been instituted in a better way years ago. I think coming up with multi-year contracts so there's not as much movement with some exceptions such as coaching changes and being released by the program when it's mutual.

For now the era of programs developing underclassman who didn't get starters minutes (some little PT at all) to get their chance to start and shine for the same team they started with will be a rarity. The same goes for the non-blue blood programs poised to run back another surprise successful season will likely be also a rarity.
This is looking more and more like a massive conspiracy in progress utilizing NIL money (and the laudatory goals attributed to it) to destroy the magic of the NCAA Tournament.

The "Power five's" have taken over leadership from the NCAA and proven how inept Emmert was and what an empty suit, at least so far, we have in Charlie Baker.

Because of the NCAA's failed leadership, the "P's" are seizing on an opportunity to take over all the sources of revenue and finesse the "lesser conferences" into a new role: serving as development and feeder schools, perhaps in return for some compensation paid to them when one of their players transfers.

The "P's" (Izzo featured) have been raising the possibility of cutting out the automatic bids for the "lesser" conferences while hinting that it would be good to add more teams to the tournament. 72 or 76 would be the new total. Of course, with the reduction in automatic qualifiers, the additional bids will go to "P" schools so the "P" conferences can get more "shares" while minimizing the potential for congressional scrutiny for anti-trust type actions.

Those two concepts mesh nicely. More "P" schools in the tournament means more money and control and it won't slow down or stop until they kill the golden goose.

Reaction Score
This is looking more and more like a massive conspiracy in progress utilizing NIL money (and the laudatory goals attributed to it) to destroy the magic of the NCAA Tournament.

The "Power five's" have taken over leadership from the NCAA and proven how inept Emmert was and what an empty suit, at least so far, we have in Charlie Baker.

Because of the NCAA's failed leadership, the "P's" are seizing on an opportunity to take over all the sources of revenue and finesse the "lesser conferences" into a new role: serving as development and feeder schools, perhaps in return for some compensation paid to them when one of their players transfers.

The "P's" (Izzo featured) have been raising the possibility of cutting out the automatic bids for the "lesser" conferences while hinting that it would be good to add more teams to the tournament. 72 or 76 would be the new total. Of course, with the reduction in automatic qualifiers, the additional bids will go to "P" schools so the "P" conferences can get more "shares" while minimizing the potential for congressional scrutiny for anti-trust type actions.

Those two concepts mesh nicely. More "P" schools in the tournament means more money and control and it won't slow down or stop until they kill the golden goose.
What would you have Charlie Baker do? The courts won't allow him to do anything.

Reaction Score
I just forgot him, to be honest. He's going to play. Too good of a defender not to see the floor.
Roster/lineup as you proposed it is looking really good from top to bottom. Looks like a kid with an edge that doesn't mind playing D and mixing it up on the boards. Time to get some more commits to bring some stability to the roster. We will not be lacking for depth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It really hurt me that you’re not gonna miss Apostrophe Roomaglow at all.
Should've just gone with ' Rommaglow and then laughed as no one else got it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good nature humor with shared “friends” biding time while things play out. This is loads better than the Cockburn and Akok threads.

Those were gold Jerry!

Reaction Score
Are there are other guys we are looking at and potentially could have visits as it seems like both Mahaney and Brea are also entertaining Kentucky as a possible destination? Not saying we can't beat Kentucky for a recruit but it is good if we have backup plans too as I think we are looking for 2 more guys to join us.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Is it disrespectful to be honest? His handles aren't good enough to be a secondary ballhandler with our brutal schedule. He has other strengths that benefit the team.

If he was a perfect player, he's be in the league.
If you wanna be honest, call your opinions opinions. It's not a fact because you believe it.

Reaction Score
Gut tells me Brea is UConn bound. Canceled Duke
while being at UConn seems like a vey positive message!
I’d like to believe that, but Brea is reportedly going to visit Kentucky tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Gut tells me Brea is UConn bound. Canceled Duke
while being at UConn seems like a vey positive message!
I think part of the Duke cancellation was Scheyer finally figuring out he needed some ball handlers.

Meanwhile Kansas and Kentucky are filling up similar spots and I think UNC took themselves out as well.

If Brea is looking for that level (his five finalists) - then UConn sort of became his only option.

Edit: Well, a rumored Kentucky visit would change that if true.

Reaction Score
In this case it is a fact. Solo (who I think is going to breakout next year) is not PG-capable right now.

Which is why our beloved staff as searching for such a player.

Or such is my opinion.
Solo was looking GREAT early in this past season. I’m really looking forward to seeing that player one year on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom