Aidan Igiehon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aidan Igiehon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sure hope Hurley watched this video before meeting with him.

Great kid, great attitude, mature, smart and goal oriented to the max. My guess is UConn getting him is a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
2019 6-10 Aidan Igiehon was a force to be reckoned with during the opening night of the Under Armour Association. An imposing physical presence with plenty of mobility and athleticism, Igiehon scored 18 points (several on impressive back to the basket post moves), grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked three shots in a Team Rio win over Washington Supreme. Currently ranked No. 39 in the 247Sports Composite, Igiehon looked every bit the part of that ranking if not better.

UAA: Aidan Igiehon & others shine on night one

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This kid looks like a beast. I don't see him not going to the big 4, unless another coach really develops a relationship with him. The difference might be that he's Irish. Hopefully Dan works some magic.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This kid looks like a beast. I don't see him not going to the big 4, unless another coach really develops a relationship with him. The difference might be that he's Irish. Hopefully Dan works some magic.
You never know. There’s playing time available when he gets here, he might want to stay near New York/play with kids from New York. Plus Hurley’s staff has strong New York connections. But like you said, the bigger fish will likely come calling too.

Reaction Score
Really wish we could land this kid he’s really special and much better then his 39th ranking.

Rivals moved him up to 23 (5*) in their last rankings update. 247 still has him in the 40s in their own non-composite ranks.

Reaction Score
You never know. There’s playing time available when he gets here, he might want to stay near New York/play with kids from New York. Plus Hurley’s staff has strong New York connections. But like you said, the bigger fish will likely come calling too.
Let's hope we will be a big fish again soon. The banana splits class with Durham etc was considered a prize class so it can be done by UConn in the AAC. Earn your coffee Danny Boy and close the Irish kid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dude is a beast. Would love to see him in a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
This kid needs to become our number one priority. Very talented and has so much more improvement. Seems like a very high character kid. Would be a dream to land him. You can tell he lives in the weight room.

Reaction Score
Darn. The end schools he’s waiting on could be Kentucky Kansas duke UNC etc. I guess our focus is on cockburn.

Reaction Score
Hard to not be Debby Downer when you read stuff like this interview. Chalked him up to ABU (anywhere but UConn) as soon as I read the same fatal words often spoken by the likes of Gabriel, Diallo, etc. "I'm waiting to see if I get a couple other offers".
We have to remember these are 16 and 17 year olds and their knowledge of any kind of history, especially NCAA basketball, is limited to about 5 to 7 years and they're all about hype as a determinant for where they look.
Thus, many don't have the ability to make an informed decision so they fall back on what school will most impress their friends and get the biggest splash in the media.
This is stacking up to be KO2.0 if we chase all these five stars and get no commitments.
BUT, I'm still hoping my negative thoughts will be blown up in a big way. If you can get one, maybe others follow...................

Reaction Score
While this kid looks great, the "needs to become our number one priority" sentiment is precisely where KO and staff failed. This kid wants to go to one of the big 3/4. It would be a colossal waste of time to pursue him (Diamond Stone/Diallo/Gabriel, cough cough) and allow 2-3 year prospects who are actually interested in us to go to our competitors. There is ZERO shame in pursuing Cockburn or a similar big in this scenario. It's the right move. I'm confident this coaching staff can actually see the big picture.

Reaction Score
Hard to not be Debby Downer when you read stuff like this interview. Chalked him up to ABU (anywhere but UConn) as soon as I read the same fatal words often spoken by the likes of Gabriel, Diallo, etc. "I'm waiting to see if I get a couple other offers".
We have to remember these are 16 and 17 year olds and their knowledge of any kind of history, especially NCAA basketball, is limited to about 5 to 7 years and they're all about hype as a determinant for where they look.
Thus, many don't have the ability to make an informed decision so they fall back on what school will most impress their friends and get the biggest splash in the media.
This is stacking up to be KO2.0 if we chase all these five stars and get no commitments.
BUT, I'm still hoping my negative thoughts will be blown up in a big way. If you can get one, maybe others follow....

KO 2.0? seriously? So Hurley is unable to offer 5 star players? He offered Igiehon but do you know how much time he put into recruiting him? Takes no time to at least offer.

Hurley can't win on the BY, when he offers 5 stars he gets called KO 2.0 and when he offers lower 4 stars he gets why aren't we going after 5 stars?

Reaction Score
BUT, I'm still hoping my negative thoughts will be blown up in a big way. If you can get one, maybe others follow....
this might be my favorite post in boneyard history

Reaction Score
KO 2.0? seriously? So Hurley is unable to offer 5 star players? He offered Igiehon but do you know how much time he put into recruiting him? Takes no time to at least offer.

Hurley can't win on the BY, when he offers 5 stars he gets called KO 2.0 and when he offers lower 4 stars he gets why aren't we going after 5 stars?

Hurley can't win on the Boneyard? When has anyone won on the Boneyard?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
as soon as I read the same fatal words often spoken by the likes of Gabriel, Diallo, etc. "I'm waiting to see if I get a couple other offers".

I don't think you're wrong in general on the kids (and handlers) decision making these days. Hype, likes, and views are the most important thing. It seems guys are concerned with one thing, getting to the next level. And more and more guys think they can do than ever before.

UCONN's history is ancient to these kids. They aren't going to Duke or UK because of the history. They are going because they get the most hype and publicity.

Heck a lot of these kids just want to be recruited by these schools so they can put it on the gram.

This bit is off base, as we've been offering and pursuing three and four star guys as well. And what @blue93 said.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The guy has been on the job for a month. Let's pump the brakes a little bit.

You know sooner or later someone is going to compare Hurley with what Hardaway has done in the same amount of time.
All kidding aside when Hurley took this job he knew the fanbase was a lot more demanding than what he faced at URI.
Scrutiner's post was a shot across the bow. If Hurley doesn't deliver we know how the Boneyard will treat him.
Personally I think three years is the minimum time for a realistic evaluation. I also think the average BY poster gives him two WTF losses.

Reaction Score

There is no shame in being KO. His resume is far ahead of DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom