2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell committed to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1690145201224.gif

THC

Reaction Score
This staff is dangerous on the recruiting trail when they can now further narrow their focus on 2-4 recruits with a couple already signed.
Nobody signed.

Reaction Score
Kentucky wasn't really recruiting him. Idk who wasn't interested--very easily could have been Ahmad--but let's not get excited. The chances of us reeling in a player UK seriously recruits is small. See: Justin Edwards.

You can be excited for this commitment without this fabricated narrative.
I like the narrative, fabricated or not. Say it often enough and it becomes its own truth. UConn got a recruit over Calamari, Uconn got a recruit over Calamari, (say it again and then repeat).

Reaction Score
“They [UConn] check all my boxes when it comes to what I want from the playing style to the player development,” he told ZAGSBLOG. “Also the mentality of the coach [Dan Hurley]. He wants to win and he strives to get better at it and so do I.” Nowell visited every school on his final list officially besides Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Cooper Flagg is taking notice as is the center from Boston!!
Who is the center from Boston? I follow recruiting and I live in the Boston area so am I just blanking?

Reaction Score
Head to head, Pettiford was better this summer, but they're about on par as 4* players at this point

. Pettiford has better size and has a more versatile game. Ahmad is stronger, more effecient and a better defender.
Will be interesting to see who has a better college career. We've won a lot of these when losing out on the top recruit at a position.

Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell is an ultimate connector piece, someone who can take on multiple duties on both ends of the floor while also enhancing the play of others. Immediately, you look at his defense to translate, and that might be the tool that gets him on the court the earliest. He plays with tenacity on that end of the floor, which allows his long arms and strong frame to be disruptive both on and off the ball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nowell and Solo are gonna be the best defensive backcourt in their conference. Both came in with next level bodies, described as gritty/tough, and have great mentors on that end in the staff. Abraham is gonna feast on all those steals and fast breaks forced by our pressure.

Reaction Score
Who cares?? We got him..,,,isn’t that all that really matters??? Last I counted, we have 5 titles, Calipari has 1. I couldn’t care less who he recruits, did we beat him for a recruit , etc. Why do people get worked up about this.

We just got the guy WE wanted. Historically we have done well with the guys WE wanted. Historically, Calipari hasn’t done well with the guys EVERYONE wants. I couldn’t care less if he “really” wanted this guy or not. What an odd thing to focus on the day we get a significant recruit.
Spot on. Also thanks for using the correct wording in "i couldnt care less". Most people say "i could care less" which is idiotic.

Reaction Score
Did a bit of reading. Seems the thought is CF decision is likely going to come down to Uconn and Puke with the ladder being the favorite. Hes a big time player if we pull this one off DH could be cutting down the nets again pretty soon.

Reaction Score
Not sure about Cal not going to his games but I just was reading one of the Kentucky boards a few minutes ago and a few posters were not happy they didn’t get him. And I just read an article in Kentucky media got off the press lamenting another 2024 recruit that they didn’t get.
I’m sure Cal & the fans wanted him.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned before, we were off Nowell’s list for a while and somehow got back on. Either it was the national championship, our coaching staff's persistence or both. I'm thrilled to have Nowell. He's going to be a great Husky.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned before, we were off Nowell’s list for a while and somehow got back on. Either it was the national championship, our coaching staff's persistence or both. I'm thrilled to have Nowell. He's going to be a great Husky.
When were we off his list? We offered him in April, watched all his games and he released a top 4 with UConn on it in June. Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
When were we off his list? We offered him in April, watched all his games and he released a top 4 with UConn on it in June. Am I missing something?
Prior to that he had a list. Some things I read prior to April. It seemed like he was focused on other schools.

Reaction Score
Prior to that he had a list. Some things I read prior to April. It seemed like he was focused on other schools.
I don't think that's accurate, there's no list anywhere other than his top 4. We were definitely late to his recruitment, but there's nothing posted anywhere publicly where he'd cut down his schools before we got involved

Reaction Score
Giff-i was here for 6 months before he corrected announcers and writers as to the pronunciation of his name from Giff-ee. This recruit I have heard his name repeatedly as 'No-well', but the public address announcers in some game clips were saying 'knoll'. Is there a clip where he or his family states his last name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom