AGSR HS All American List | The Boneyard

AGSR HS All American List

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
ND, Duke and L'ville also did well per ASGR. It's interesting that they have Ekmark rated so high (essentially somewhere in the 6-10 range - i think #8) and Blue Star has her at 13 while HG has her outside the top 30. Either way congrats to all the UCONN recruits, and to UCLA as well for having a ridiculous class also!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Interesting notes and tidbits for the Boneyard faithful:

- One of UCLA's top recruiters is Shannon Perry, who was an assistant coach at Duke and left and ended up at UCLA. UCLA has three players on the Second Team and one player on the Third Team.
- One of Louisville's top recruiters is Samantha Williams, who was an assistant coach at Duke who left and went to Louisville. Louisville has one player on the Fourth Team and one player on the Fifth Team.
- One of Ohio State's top recruiters is Joy Cheek, who was an assistant coach at Duke who left and went to Ohio State. Ohio State has one player on the First Team (though the hiring of the player's father as the other assistant likely had more to do with it than Joy, though her first class at Ohio State is a good one).

All three were assistant coaches under McCallie. All three have left within the last five years. All three did not leave for head coaching jobs, but left for other assistant coaching positions and opportunities.

Also note that the recent additions to the ACC - Notre Dame and Louisville - have a total of four players among the six All American teams. Only three of the "older" ACC teams have players on this list - Duke, Florida State, and Virginia - and a total of five players among those three schools. And Maryland and North Carolina do not have any players on the AA lists.

HGN

Reaction Score
Kudos to UConn and its recruits........Great to see that the rating services also agree that the UConn recruits are highly regarded. Even if they don't agree upon ranking.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... Next year could be interesting in that:
The top two teams in the ACC could conceivable be former BE teams ND and Louisville
The top team in the Big10 could be former BE team Rutgers
The top team in the Big12 could be former BE team WV
The top team in the New BE likely will be a former BE team
The top team in the AAC will be former BE team Uconn

SEC and Pac were wise not to grab any BE teams in the shuffle!!!:rolleyes:

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
So ... Next year could be interesting in that:
The top two teams in the ACC could conceivable be former BE teams ND and Louisville
The top team in the Big10 could be former BE team Rutgers
The top team in the Big12 could be former BE team WV
The top team in the New BE likely will be a former BE team
The top team in the AAC will be former BE team Uconn

SEC and Pac were wise not to grab any BE teams in the shuffle!!!:rolleyes:
Miami , I am going to have to keep an eye on this........You could be onto something.

Reaction Score
All three were assistant coaches under McCallie. All three have left within the last five years. All three did not leave for head coaching jobs, but left for other assistant coaching positions and opportunities.

My theory is that they were constantly having seizures from looking at that other assistant's awful sweaters.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting notes and tidbits for the Boneyard faithful:

- One of UCLA's top recruiters is Shannon Perry, who was an assistant coach at Duke and left and ended up at UCLA. UCLA has three players on the Second Team and one player on the Third Team.
- One of Louisville's top recruiters is Samantha Williams, who was an assistant coach at Duke who left and went to Louisville. Louisville has one player on the Fourth Team and one player on the Fifth Team.
- One of Ohio State's top recruiters is Joy Cheek, who was an assistant coach at Duke who left and went to Ohio State. Ohio State has one player on the First Team (though the hiring of the player's father as the other assistant likely had more to do with it than Joy, though her first class at Ohio State is a good one).

Also note that the recent additions to the ACC - Notre Dame and Louisville - have a total of four players among the six All American teams. Only three of the "older" ACC teams have players on this list - Duke, Florida State, and Virginia - and a total of five players among those three schools. And Maryland and North Carolina do not have any players on the AA lists.

Another to leave Duke was Trisha Stafford-Odom, who left Duke for assistant job at UNC and now is head coach at Concordia(Irvine Cal) an NAIA school.

Reaction Score
New poster. Very long time Uconn Woman's basketball fan. IMHO, the recruit to keep an eye on next year has not had much mention. And that is Kia Nurse. Possibly because her high school season ended in the fall. You don't become a point guard or any other position on most national teams without some real talent. I would not be surprised to see her get the most minutes as a freshman in the 2014-15 season just based on her experience.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
New poster. Very long time Uconn Woman's basketball fan. IMHO, the recruit to keep an eye on next year has not had much mention. And that is Kia Nurse. Possibly because her high school season ended in the fall. You don't become a point guard or any other position on most national teams without some real talent. I would not be surprised to see her get the most minutes as a freshman in the 2014-15 season just based on her experience.
I agree. She has been totally under the (U.S.) radar. She may take a lot of people by surprise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Should someone tell the Prime Minister that a Canadian was named as an All-American?

I have a feeling that Kia Nurse is grossly underrated. I think she'll be like Kelly, but a stronger offensive threat. Like Walt Frazier.

Reaction Score
Should someone tell the Prime Minister that a Canadian was named as an All-American?

I have a feeling that Kia Nurse is grossly underrated. I think she'll be like Kelly, but a stronger offensive threat. Like Walt Frazier.

Reaction Score
I don't know if there will be another Kelly. We would all like to see that happen. Just goes to show what a great player she was without All American recognition
or scoring a gazillion points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer