Against Whom Would You Least Mind a Loss? (Poll) | The Boneyard

Against Whom Would You Least Mind a Loss? (Poll)

Regular season only: If UConn has to lose 1 game, against what team would a loss least concern you?

• Baylor

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Texas

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Maryland

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • South Florida

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Other -- please specify in your post

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Since we're always interested in hypothetical questions ...

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just realized that I did not include South Carolina among my choices. Terrible omission! Mods, is there any way to add them at this point?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Lose?!! Argh!!! :eek::(:mad::confused:Head bang
A loss against any team destroys my harmony. Does it really matter what caliber the bullet is if it hits your heart?!

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Lose?!! Argh!!! :eek::(:mad::confused:Head bang
A loss against any team destroys my harmony. Does it really matter what caliber the bullet is if it hits your heart?!
I have only ever watched UConn lose 1 game and that was the last 1 they lost.... I refuse to watch them lose another. I was restless for like a week.

Reaction Score
Corrected.
I misread the question.
I need a definition first.
What does 'lose' mean ?
Look up the list of teams last April that lost from the Sweet16 to the NC- ask any of them-they all know what that word means and feels like. It's just not fun at all.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I voted other, but I really don't like this question. I tell you this, and I'm for real when I say it, Baylor; Notre Dame and Maryland are going to get what they are looking for, and that whooping is going to be so bad, they are going to wish they hadn't said anything about Geno Auriemma and the Lady Huskies,"Parity", there go your Parity :). Baylor is going to wish they didn't ask and agree to play UConn, and they won't be asking to play UConn in "17" after Nov 17th.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
To all who are voting Baylor; Notre Dame and Maryland
Stop it!!

Those 3 schools should be the last schools you ever want UConn to lose to. If you are truly a Huskies fan, you wouldn't even wish that on your worst enemy.
At the end of this question, Other need to have the most votes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's a great question. I hate losing to ND. Would also hate to lose to Baylor or SC. I would hate to lose to USF because on paper, we are so much better than them. I'm not a fan of Maryland, but my "dislike" of losing to them is just slightly below Baylor, ND and SC. Which leaves Texas, and that's who I voted for...

Reaction Score
I voted other, South Carolina is going to be very strong. Wilson will be a beast this year, the only real question is can they get good point guard play, if they do watch out. That being said if we beat them we will have a great shot at no. 5. It is going to be a great year, is it Monday yet?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think it's a great question. I hate losing to ND. Would also hate to lose to Baylor or SC. I would hate to lose to USF because on paper, we are so much better than them. I'm not a fan of Maryland, but my "dislike" of losing to them is just slightly below Baylor, ND and SC. Which leaves Texas, and that's who I voted for...

Your reasoning is why Im surprised that Texas isnt running away with this poll.

Reaction Score
This team resembles 2003 when they lost the TASS Force from the previous year and they played some close games. Except this team does not have a Taurasi to bail them out. I think they will lose anywhere from 2 to 8 games during the regular season but will be a tough out in March. Geno and staff talked about having possible 10 losses in 2003. Only 3 players on this team played in a game where the final score was under 10 pts and it was a loss (Stanford). At Gampel they will be tough to beat but the away games with Florida St., ND, Maryland will be tough and Temple played them tough at home last year. Texas will be tough this year and Aston is one of the best coaches in the country, imo. Also LSU and Nebraska on the road. I didnt vote because to many question marks and pieces that need to fall in place, IMHO.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
bad mojo
This is not a topic I want to think about before our first game. PacoSwede was spot on......bad Mojo man. Lets talk about something positive like winning, not losing.
A loss to any of those teams would upset me. :mad:

Reaction Score
This is not a topic I want to think about before our first game. PacoSwede was spot on.bad Mojo man. Lets talk about something positive like winning, not losing.
A loss to any of those teams would upset me. :mad:
Agree, Any loss in the season would upset me..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
USA Olympic Team ... cuz some UConn greats would still be winners.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score

Likewise for the same rationale. Plus I'm a Texas alumnus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom