Again Tim Welsh.... | The Boneyard

Again Tim Welsh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Do you really think anyone besides PC wants to hear your game strategy? Your game strategy didn't work as a head coach. You were fired!!

Reaction Score
He's a moron. Calls a terrible game. Tries to coach from the sidelines.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think that he is fine as long as Providence is not playing. If PC is playing, he becomes an insufferable homer. He was all over Boat for much of the game, but I could not argue with what he said.

Reaction Score
When ever they talk about a post season award, he never fails to throw the name of someone from PC in. Coach of the year "Don't forget about Cooley" , "Player of the year Don't forget about Cotton", Most improved....... I think he has PC sweeping the awards.

Reaction Score
Personally I like Tim Welsh. He has good insight and he's clearly lobbying for a UConn job. He's forced to pretend he's unbiased bc he's part of the media and got fired by Peewee.

Reaction Score
Personally I like Tim Welsh. He has good insight and he's clearly lobbying for a UConn job. He's forced to pretend he's unbiased bc he's part of the media and got fired by Peewee.
Don't understand the hate.. And totally agree with this post, he ain't that bad.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley has made 0 tourney's in 8 attempts. Superstar in the making
He might want to invest in a suit that is not three sizes too small. When he had it buttoned up at the beginning of the game, it was not a pretty sight. It was also a safety hazzard. If one of those buttons popped it could have taken out someones eye.

Reaction Score
I walked into the kitchen and got a wad of tinfoil to chew on - it distracted me somewhat from the talking heads. They sucked.

Reaction Score
COY - Welsh has Jay Wright.........

"bob" our favorite PC guy has Cooley, the guy who was beaten twice by KO.........(how ya feeling about that one now bobby?:confused:)

I'll take KO - tremendous job......there may have been a better job in the league but I can't see it!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I've never understood hi allegiance to the school that canned his ass.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ed Cooley has made 0 tourney's in 8 attempts. Superstar in the making
I thought he was the guy who has it in him to turn PC into Wooden's UCLA Bruins of the mid 60's - mid 70's.

Then again, Keno was boasted about in the same way until they realized he was merely a mediocre coach.........

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I've been muting Welsch for three games. Unfortunately I couldn't mute the tournament resume graphic they flashed on screen a dozen times, so I stared at the bad losses of Brown and DePaul until they removed it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I never understood the problem with Welsh. He's pretty good, I think he calls it the way he see it.

Reaction Score
Do you really think anyone besides PC wants to hear your game strategy? Your game strategy didn't work as a head coach. You were fired!!

He came out with his coach of the year pick in the Big East...Jay Wright. Not even a mention of KO. mentioned a couple of others, but not Ollie. what a jerk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I never understood the problem with Welsh. He's pretty good, I think he calls it the way he see it.

The problem is the way he sees it.

I'll gladly chip in 37 cents to the C7 BE to retain his rights for broadcasts. If he never calls another Uconn game again then re-alignment wasn't a total loss.

Reaction Score
Just the fact that he felt compelled to let us know the wrongdoings of Boatright every possession did it for me...

Reaction Score
I think Welsh is fairly objective and quite intelligent with his game play-by-play analysis and often does his best to give approval and exclamation point whenever a Husky comes up with something nice on the floor. I have no problem with him. He is definitely better than Doris Burke who does not offer more in-depth analysis than the average TV viewer already knows. If he gets overly excited over a Providence player mistake, he gets accused of vendetta against his former employer. So what is he supposed to do? I believe the network made a bad choice of putting him as color commentator on his former employer's athletic team. Color commentary cannot be bland and well,...boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom