Again I say: I love KML | The Boneyard

Again I say: I love KML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KML needs more praise. She is such an amazing player and she has stepped up her game so much this year. She lead all players in scoring today. She deserves to be an AA......

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
KML.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It takes nothing away from the excellence of play by Dolson (defense and rebounding), Faris (characteristic all around game), Hartley or Stewart to say that Kaleena was the best player on the court today.

I wonder if Katie Lou Samuelson watched the game and, if so, what were her thoughts?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So good. So smooth.
I've been beating the drum all season. Would it be sacrilegious to say she has Diana's shot with glimmers of potential to play Maya's defense? The kid is a sophomore!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I've been beating the drum all season. Would it be sacrilegious to say she has Diana's shot with glimmers of Maya's defense? The kid is a sophomore!
Her game is becoming very Maya like in many aspects.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Her game is becoming very Maya like in many aspects.
Maya didn't drive the lane like Kaleena, at least not until her senior year. I like the comparison to Diana better in the smoothness of her shot and the willingness to go fearlessly into the teeth of the defense.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maya didn't drive the lane like Kaleena, at least not until her senior year.
That is true, but KML is posting up like Maya, attacking the boards like Maya and giving constant effort like Maya. She certainly even out shoots Maya on the spot up.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Worth the price of admission by herself. Just a special, special player. So cool, so much swagger, so determined to be the best. And she's only going to keep getting better.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
As I said to myself back when she signed her NLOI...man are we so lucky to be getting a special, special player.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yep, determined to be the best. Kaleena has become so much more than a distance shooter. She plays really hard like Maya. She's representing the number very well.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if KML isn't a first team AA by season's end.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I will predict for the record that KML will be the first choice in the WNBA draft in 2015.

When you think about it, UConn's offense has been predictable for the past six years: throw it in to #31 -- if she can't score she can kick it to #23.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I will predict for the record that KML will be the first choice in the WNBA draft in 2015.

When you think about it, UConn's offense has been predictable for the past six years: throw it in to #31 -- if she can't score she can kick it to #23.
Good observation. That #31 looks a little paler, and #23 has lost some of her hops, but they are still getting the job done. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena is averaging 22 ppg vs. Stanford.

She reacts to Cardinal red the way that Diana reacted to Tennessee orange.

sTu

Reaction Score
I've been beating the drum all season. Would it be sacrilegious to say she has Diana's shot with glimmers of potential to play Maya's defense? The kid is a sophomore!

I think KML is a better overall shooter than Diana. Diana just happens to make baskets at the end of games very consistently. :)

What I am most impressed is how developed KML's face up game is from the top of the key area. Maya was never really very effective with ball in her hands from that from the foul line out. I think Diana only began to attack the basket consistently in her Junior year?

I think KML is just a spectacular talent already.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As many of you know, I posted early and often that it was my opinion that Kaleena is the best shooter in wcbb.

The evaluation was meant to be valid high praise.

Turns out that I was at once (1) accurate, and (2) underestimating her.

As for her AA status, as of now, Griner and Ogwumike are likelyand deservedly the top two selections. I contend that Sims and Kaleena are next. Then, Bria and Kelly deserve to be in the mix with Diggins, DelleDonne et al for the remaining spot(s).

Next year should generate some head scratchin' by voters what with Hartley, Dolson and Stewart all expected to deserve consideration as teammates of Kaleena's in the AA lineup.

[Moderators, please vouch for the fact that I am not TonyC's ghostwriter here.]

Reaction Score
I thought she had a so-so game. Then I looked and saw 19 pts. Geessh!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't always agree with the Parade magazine All-American selections, but I think they got it right with Kaleena. After the POY, they list the other players in rank (not alpha) order, so you can see more detail. Their picks:

2011 KML was the POY as a 17-year-old senior.

2010 KML was the #3 player nationally behind only Co-POYs Chelsea Gray and Chiney Ogwumike.

2009 KML was the #4 player nationally as a 15-year-old sophomore. She was ahead of Gray and Ogwumike and behind only Griner (the POY), Diggins, and Bone. That is called playing up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom