After going to the monitor about 10 times throughout the game... | The Boneyard

After going to the monitor about 10 times throughout the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
35b8d1y.jpg
This play goes unreviewed. How is that possible?

Reaction Score
and they stop the game right away when Omar drained the 3 from close to a foot behind the line, you remember the one near the corner that he was probably fouled on.

Reaction Score
This game had way to many what if's. I just dont want to think about them so I could get over this loss faster. We were talking to a couple other kids on the way out last night and they mentioned his foot was on the line and it should have been a 2. I just saw a shot of it when i opened the thread. They were absolutely right.

Reaction Score
I had a really good live view of it, sitting a couple rows up in the second bowl along the baseline and it looked a little more clear to me then than it does here but I can't believe in a day and age when seemingly every close call in end game situations gets reviewed they didn't at least review this.

caw

Reaction Score
35b8d1y.jpg
This play goes unreviewed. How is that possible?

It's fine, I'm sure @seanmc94 will tell us the refs can't review shots like this, because it's Georgetown that made it.

Reaction Score
Wow, is that video for real? I wish I had not seen this. I, so desperately, desperately, do not want to pin our loss on the officiating, but this is not about interpretation of a rule. Rather, this is a failure to follow protocol. The fact that all 3 officials missed it, is just bothersome. I hope that any and all anti-UConn crap ends this season, real or imagined.

caw

Reaction Score
Wow, is that video for real? I wish I had not seen this. I, so desperately, desperately, do not want to pin our loss on the officiating, but this is not about interpretation of a rule. Rather, this is a failure to follow protocol. The fact that all 3 officials missed it, is just bothersome. I hope that any and all anti-UConn crap ends this season, real or imagined.

Worse than the Marquette game? The officials have been poor with following protocol this year in two OT games. Both have hurt UConn.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Giffey's is the worst.......ridiculous! The guy strangles him but somehow he's the instigator? Please:rolleyes:

How many seconds after that did they stop play to review?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
this nonsense has to end

Reaction Score
Stop the persecution complex...same EXACT play happened vs you guys at PC. Big difference is our coach requested they look during the TO. Was denied. I was told to "quit whining" here. So I pass along your advice.

Reaction Score
Stop the persecution complex...same EXACT play happened vs you guys at PC. Big differenceour coach requested they look during the TO. Was denied. I was told to "quit whining" here. So I pass along your advice.

And the difference here is you were whining and had nothing to whine about......and in that game your team and ours were playing. In this one in which our fans are talking about you didn't have a team in it so stfu and leave this one to us..........

Why do you care to even get involved in this one is beyond me?

Reaction Score
Yea...that's bad. The refs were pretty bad...I'm sure there were plenty of calls that favored UConn but I failed to see them for one way or another.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Stop the persecution complex...same EXACT play happened vs you guys at PC. Big difference is our coach requested they look during the TO. Was denied. I was told to "quit whining" here. So I pass along your advice.

Thank you for your continued interest in UConn basketball.

And, if I may be so bold as to ask.....

Now that the Friars will never face UConn again, and we are no longer rivals in any meaningful sense of the word, do you intend to continue to visit?

Reaction Score
Thank you for your continued interest in UConn basketball.

And, if I may be so bold as to ask.....

Now that the Friars will never face UConn again, and we are no longer rivals in any meaningful sense of the word, do you intend to continue to visit?

Hey superfan,

PC plays UCONN in your barn in 8 days

Reaction Score
"And the difference here is you were whining and had nothing to whine about......" MaUconn fan

What? Care to explain that Mr double standard?

Reaction Score
Honest mistake, I'm sure you tend to block out the ass kickings we hand out :)
See you Saturday

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Honest mistake, I'm sure you tend to block out the ass kickings we hand out :)
See you Saturday, for the last time. After that I will be happily communing with the rest of my CYO playmates, forever and ever, amen.

I fixed it for you!

caw

Reaction Score

One difference, I didn't see you post, nor a single post on your board with an actual image. I mean, I know you PeeWee fans say it happened, but I didn't see it.

Second difference, the one you argued happened in the first half, I believe.

Third difference, it happened in the reverse, as per your claim, so not even close to "same EXACT"

So to make it simple for you: this play was a two called a three with seconds left in overtime that has photographic evidence that it should have been a two. Yours is a three that was called a two in the first half based on PC fans word. You really can't see the huge difference there? I do mean huge. Maybe it's the weird BE rulebook the refs only use for BE games.

Reaction Score
So if you don't see it, it doesn't happen? Is that the gist of your argument.

Ever seen a dinosaur? How about a black hole?

caw

Reaction Score
So if you don't see it, it doesn't happen? Is that the gist of your argument.

Ever seen a dinosaur? How about a black hole?

I actually went back to the PC-UConn game on DVR and I still didn't see it, it looked like he was inside the arc to me but it was a bad angle.

That said, not even close to addressing my post. You barely managed to respond to one half of one of the differences and then you follow up with two silly examples. Frankly, I expect better.

There is ample scientific evidence dinosaurs existed, bones, footprints, etc. Same with black holes. Neither is based on hearsay, which is all PC fans have submitted as evidence. Of course PC fans are used to believing in things they have no proof existed.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I didn't have time to scour the Internet and find a frame by frame shot to back up my claim. It's pretty scary that you have the PC game saved on your dvr

Reaction Score
We have seen a lot of poorly ref'd/officiated games lately. Anyone watch the IU v Michigan State game ... where twice the Michigan State scorer's table never started the clock in the last 15 seconds? They went to video multiple times. Including that flagrant on Watford ... which was pure inadvertant chicken wing hitting another guy.

caw

Reaction Score
Sorry if I didn't have time to scour the Internet and find a frame by frame shot to back up my claim. It's pretty scary that you have the PC game saved on your dvr

I haven't deleted any from this year actually, the PC game wasn't special. I am lazy when it comes to cleaning up my DVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom