After BCU goes 2-10 this year. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

After BCU goes 2-10 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't think BC's fanbase will be looking to take someone from UConn's staff. Interfered with their belief that they are superior.

Other than that, he would make a lot of sense as a candidate.

If it is their fans making the decision you are dead on as there is no way the collective pompous asses of their fan base could live with themselves if they had to look to one of our program's assistants to save their program. Unfortunately, I doubt the will have much influence in the decision.

What likely will happen however is something somewhat similar to WVU a couple of years back (save the short term coach in waiting) where their new AD will already have his eye on some young assistant who he has worked with before and believes will be the next great up and coming head coach.

Reaction Score
Could happen, but BC is in a precarious position. They are looking right down the barrel of being the ACC's new Duke, or Big10's Indiana or PAC12's Wash. St. I think smart prospective coaches recognize that possibility. GDF totally ducked that thing up and it will not be easily fixed - and I'm not even sure if the leadership of that institution gives much of a crap.
If Miami was allowed to fall as far as they have in the ACC, the ACC does not prioritize football.

Reaction Score
Jags was no mistake, they'd have a quality program right now if he were there. GDF sealed his fate as the stupidest AD in history when he fired Jags for interviewing for an NFL job.

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I like that they did that. Say what you will, they were paying the guy a lot of money to be their head coach. If he's shopping around for every other job out there it'll impact his recruiting negatively. It might not be realistic in this day and age, and it might have been the dumbest move ever by an AD, but I like that they held a guy to his contract. Imagine what college sports would be like if coaches were required to fulfill their contract. Most guys would probably stay at a school for 4-5 years, and if they left, it would be a very well thought out decision on where he wants to coach for the next 4-5 years, not jumping from place to place like a mercenary

Reaction Score
The way folks should be really looking at this is as follows -

scour their roster and recruits and look for guys we can move to Storrs once they raise the white flag and change directions. As we have seen, a program in flux should be a prime target for us to go after guys with whom we have a relationship. Afterwards, we can pass a hat and come up with a gift to send to the Flipper

Reaction Score
Jags was no mistake, they'd have a quality program right now if he were there. GDF sealed his fate as the stupidest AD in history when he fired Jags for interviewing for an NFL job.

That was NOT why Jags was fired.... There were things going on behind the scenes, other than Jags not recruiting. The BC base hats Gene, this might have been his only good move.

Reaction Score
Firing Jags was a HUGE mistake.

2007 Boston College 11–3 over all. 6–2 in the ACC, 1st in the Atlantic Division, lost ACC Championship game, won Champs Sports Bowl. Final rank of 10th nationally.

2008 Boston College 9–5 overall, ACC 5–3 Lost Championship Game and Bowl.

Overal Jags was 20–8, 11–5 in the ACC. They haven't sniffed that kind of success or national ranking since.

Reaction Score
GDF either made a bad hire or a bad fire. When you are a senior executive you take ownership to one or the other.

Skinner, the women's hoop coach...........hockey coach's hitting on their female players..........crowing to the press about colluding with ESPN to "protect territory".

See a pattern here?

Reaction Score

BCU has made a few HUGE mistakes. One of them was getting themselves positioned as an "ugly redheaded stepchild" by being 550+ miles from their nearest rival in a conference that values them little (hey, it's primarily a southern conglomerate). Another was not lobbying harder to get UConn an invite so that the ACC comes closer to a contiguous footprint and so that the Eagles would have a build in rival. So mistakes are nothing new to Boston College University.

Reaction Score

2007 Boston College 11–3 over all. 6–2 in the ACC, 1st in the Atlantic Division, lost ACC Championship game, won Champs Sports Bowl. Final rank of 10th nationally.

2008 Boston College 9–5 overall, ACC 5–3 Lost Championship Game and Bowl.

Overal Jags was 20–8, 11–5 in the ACC. They haven't sniffed that kind of success or national ranking since.

... And Jagodzinski is coaching wide receivers @ Ave Maria University (NAIA) in Naples Florida - go figure!

Reaction Score
But aren't they a national powerhouse in the Teeny Tiny Catholic Football School Subdivision?

Reaction Score
Who would the new AD go after as head coach? A local guy that has worked wonders as a defensive coordinator would have to be at or near the top of his list.

Hate to spoil your breakfast but it but it occurred to me last night. It makes too much sense.

Well the one good thing if that did happen is we would probably renew the rivalry again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom