After BCU goes 2-10 this year. | The Boneyard

After BCU goes 2-10 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who would the new AD go after as head coach? A local guy that has worked wonders as a defensive coordinator would have to be at or near the top of his list.

Hate to spoil your breakfast but it but it occurred to me last night. It makes too much sense.

Reaction Score
I'm also worried about losing him to a head coaching gig. We just have to hope he prefers being a DC to being a head coach. He took the UMass job to try head coaching, he took the Maryland job to try Div 1A, hopefully he doesn't want to try head coaching at the 1A level. Since his style takes a year to implement, which has been the case at his last two stops, he may want to just enjoy the fruits of his labor for a couple years and then take over here after P retires. That's how I'd love to see this play out.

Reaction Score
I'm also worried about losing him to a head coaching gig. We just have to hope he prefers being a DC to being a head coach. He took the UMass job to try head coaching, he took the Maryland job to try Div 1A, hopefully he doesn't want to try head coaching at the 1A level. Since his style takes a year to implement, which has been the case at his last two stops, he may want to just enjoy the fruits of his labor for a couple years and then take over here after P retires. That's how I'd love to see this play out.

He did turn down the Yale job last year. I know, I know.......it's Yale.

Reaction Score
I would love to be wrong about this. But BCU is the only head coaching job that allows him to stay close to his family and grand kids in Worcester.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I think he's next in line for the uconn job when coach p retires in a couple of years. If we make the jump to the ACC, he'd be better off in CT, not boston, where the red sox, celtics, bruins and patriots rule, that town doesn't have a big enough fan base to support a very small private school.

Reaction Score
What really sucks is the fact that Spaz has no shot to make it to 2013 with Flipper gone. None. This team has an absolute ceiling of 4 wins this year. I don't think they'll even get there.

Reaction Score
Boy, this thread is a real buzz kill ...... Cant disagree with it however.

Reaction Score
Could happen, but BC is in a precarious position. They are looking right down the barrel of being the ACC's new Duke, or Big10's Indiana or PAC12's Wash. St. I think smart prospective coaches recognize that possibility. GDF totally ducked that thing up and it will not be easily fixed - and I'm not even sure if the leadership of that institution gives much of a crap.

Reaction Score
No, this will not happen. If you look at BC's rumored AD candidates, including Pernetti, none have a connection to Brown or Uconn. Moreover, I think that person will not only look for a name they know, but one that can sell. I love Don Brown, but I don't see the fit w/BC. BTW, I don't see Warde promoting him when the time comes - I look for him to bring in a young guy he can grow with - what UConn did in their BB program (and tried to do w/the guy who previously coached here but who's name esacpes me).

Reaction Score
I don't think BC's fanbase will be looking to take someone from UConn's staff. Interfered with their belief that they are superior.

Other than that, he would make a lot of sense as a candidate.

Reaction Score
I don't think BC's fanbase will be looking to take someone from UConn's staff. Interfered with their belief that they are superior.

Other than that, he would make a lot of sense as a candidate.

I think you're right. I also think they'll probably look for someone from the NFL. Obviously they won't be able to attract the top handful of college head coach prospects that develop over the year, so the NFL is probably their best chance of trying to make some waves in the local media. I think they should look for their version of Wannstadt. I don't think Flutie has gotten at all involved with coaching, but do they have any quasi big name alumni that's headed in that direction? What's Mike Mamula up to lately?

Reaction Score
Who would the new AD go after as head coach? A local guy that has worked wonders as a defensive coordinator would have to be at or near the top of his list.

Hate to spoil your breakfast but it but it occurred to me last night. It makes too much sense.
They had that in their current coach. Spaz was a GREAT D. Coordinator at BC. I'd be surprised if they went this route. After they fire Spaz (or he"retires" - wink, wink) I expect them to bring in an Offensive minded head coach. I'm more concerened with other possible schools taking a run at Brown though.

Reaction Score
I doubt BC will look at Brown. They need/want a young aggressive coach, preferably from the offensive side, to help rejuvenate the fan base. BC had the right idea when they picks Jags, a young, offensive assistant, as head coach after O'Brien left and kept Spazziani as the defensive coordinator, but Jags was, in hindsight, the wrong guy. Making Spaz the head coach when Jags left was an even bigger mistake.

Reaction Score
BC hiring our DC, and not head coach, would be the ultimate admission that we've surpassed them. They won't do it.

Reaction Score
BC just went with a successful D Coordinator in Spaziani, and that hasn't exactly worked out. They maybe hesitant to try it again, though Don Brown does have NC experience at the FCS level.

Brown would have been an excellent choice to follow Edsall to be perfectly honest.

Reaction Score
Not an issue. If you listen to the BCU Alums at my job, they will hire the cheaper option between Saban or Miles. Because this is a job anyone would kill to have.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure thye'll be that bad...I mean they are playing in the ACC. They could win 4 league games easily.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I doubt BC will look at Brown. They need/want a young aggressive coach, preferably from the offensive side, to help rejuvenate the fan base. BC had the right idea when they picks Jags, a young, offensive assistant, as head coach after O'Brien left and kept Spazziani as the defensive coordinator, but Jags was, in hindsight, the wrong guy. Making Spaz the head coach when Jags left was an even bigger mistake.
Jags was only a mistake in hindsight because of GDF's crazy paranoia and ego...

Reaction Score
Jags was only a mistake in hindsight because of GDF's crazy paranoia and ego...
Jags was no mistake, they'd have a quality program right now if he were there. GDF sealed his fate as the stupidest AD in history when he fired Jags for interviewing for an NFL job.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard! The place to go for those who want to discuss BC Football. Enough already we are in the middle of the season for heaven's sake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom