Aero Club Lot | The Boneyard

Aero Club Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey Guys:

How much is the Aero Club this year? Also, are the indoor bathrooms still available? I assume they'll be open a minimum of 4 hrs prior to kickoff?

Thanks
Mark

Reaction Score
They don't let you take the back way out anymore and funnel you to Silver Lane instead now though :mad:

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input...awesome

I expect I'll have a sizable group of Cuse fans from our Internet Board. I hope a few of you can coordinate with me and wander over to say hi. I'd love to try one of those Hummel (?) Brand hot dogs.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They don't let you take the back way out anymore and funnel you to Silver Lane instead now though :mad:

That's too bad. Thanks for the heads up.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
That's too bad. Thanks for the heads up.
Actually, I got out through the back after every game this year. The only difference was after the Iowa St game they forced us to take a left, which takes you back to Silver Lane traffic. But on Sat we were able to take a right and smooth sailing to 84. I was a blue lot tailgater for the first 5 or so years, but the Aero club is by far the best option. The tailgating setups are close to even with the blue lot, cheaper parking, you don't have to drive in at the exact same time to park together, real bathrooms, open flames and tossing a football allowed, less traffic on the way home.

Reaction Score
Actually, I got out through the back after every game this year. The only difference was after the Iowa St game they forced us to take a left, which takes you back to Silver Lane traffic. But on Sat we were able to take a right and smooth sailing to 84. I was a blue lot tailgater for the first 5 or so years, but the Aero club is by far the best option. The tailgating setups are close to even with the blue lot, cheaper parking, you don't have to drive in at the exact same time to park together, real bathrooms, open flames and tossing a football allowed, less traffic on the way home.

These are the reasons that I also park at Silvas Daycare. $10 parking and a close walk to the real restrooms at Burger King. Ill have to try the Aero Club sometime.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Thanks for the input...awesome

I expect I'll have a sizable group of Cuse fans from our Internet Board. I hope a few of you can coordinate with me and wander over to say hi. I'd love to try one of those Hummel (?) Brand hot dogs.
And Longhini Italian sausages!

Reaction Score
Oh, that's good. I always park at the Aircraft Club for that reason. I missed the game this past Saturday due to a wedding. Saw they were doing it for ISU and assumed that was their new M.O., glad to see it's not.

Reaction Score
Seriously...any of you who are ging to tailgate in the Aero Club lot let me know. We can share some local food. We'll bring Hoffman Coney's and Gianelli Italian Sausage....you guys bring some Hummel and Longhini. Fishy (if he hasn't pussed out) should be joining us.

Reaction Score
After reading this board it is looking like the Aero Club parking may be my new parking lot. I just want to make sure I understand this correct.

1. Lot opens 4 hours before kickoff like the other lots?
2. If you arrive at different times you can still park next to each other?
3. They have real restrooms?
4. You can have an open fire and throw footballs?
5. It is a closer walk than the red lot?
6. Less traffic on the way out !!!!!

Are there any reasons why someone would not want to park in the Aero Club lot other than they may know people in other lots?
Also, where is this lot located exactly? Does someone have a physical address for a GPS?

Any input would be appreciated.

Reaction Score
1. They actually open a bit earlier than 4 hours on a regular day. Also, I called once when we were having a big tailgate and they said that for us that would have someone there to let us in 5 hours before kickoff and they did.
2. You can "save" spots informally
3. Yes
4. Yes and Yes
5. Only parked in Blue Before, however it takes me 7 minutes to walk from the back of the Aero to get to Gate C
6. Definitely easy out. Last week they did allow you to take a right out the back (like they always did before the first two games this year). Right, left, left and on the highway!

Only problem is as people realize the benefits it is getting a lot more crowded every week!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Seriously...any of you who are ging to tailgate in the Aero Club lot let me know. We can share some local food. We'll bring Hoffman Coney's and Gianelli Italian Sausage....you guys bring some Hummel and Longhini. Fishy (if he hasn't pussed out) should be joining us.
Sounds good. Barring infant-sitting duties, I'll be there.

Reaction Score
After reading this board it is looking like the Aero Club parking may be my new parking lot. I just want to make sure I understand this correct.

1. Lot opens 4 hours before kickoff like the other lots?
2. If you arrive at different times you can still park next to each other?
3. They have real restrooms?
4. You can have an open fire and throw footballs?
5. It is a closer walk than the red lot?
6. Less traffic on the way out !!!!!

Are there any reasons why someone would not want to park in the Aero Club lot other than they may know people in other lots?
Also, where is this lot located exactly? Does someone have a physical address for a GPS?

Any input would be appreciated.
It's actually Pratt & Whitney aircraft club. Private club run by Pratt employees. Heres the address:

200 Clement Road
East Hartford‎ CT‎ 06118-1199
United States

You can use the Clement road entrance, but come in from the west end of Clement as Simmons will be blocked off. Alternatively, they have a gate on silver ln about 50 yards or so west of silver/Simmons

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's actually Pratt & Whitney aircraft club. Private club run by Pratt employees. Heres the address:

200 Clement Road
East Hartford‎ CT‎ 06118-1199
United States

You can use the Clement road entrance, but come in from the west end of Clement as Simmons will be blocked off. Alternatively, they have a gate on silver ln about 50 yards or so west of silver/Simmons

The above is the street address, but the easiest way into the lot is from Silver Lane. Using Google or Mapquest, the entrance is equivilent to about "555 Silver Lane, East Hartford"

Reaction Score
I have been using the aero club lot for the last 2 years....love it! They do still let you go out the back...had no issues the W Mich game. You can bring whatever and do whatever you want. When it gets cold lots of guys bring fire pits....it's more laid back!

Reaction Score
The above is the street address, but the easiest way into the lot is from Silver Lane. Using Google or Mapquest, the entrance is equivilent to about "555 Silver Lane, East Hartford"

If you're coming from 84 take exit 58 and instead of following traffic to Silver Lane go down by Margarita's and take a right at the light after the hotel. There will be an officer there but just tell him you are going to the Aircraft Club and he'll let you go. At the next stop sign take a right and you are there.

Reaction Score
Hey guys one last question (well probably not LOL)

Do they allow Bus or RVs to park in there?

Reaction Score
I don't see why not, but I can check on saturday when I'm there and report back to you if that's not too late, not sure if you planned on going there with an RV on this saturday.

Reaction Score
I don't see why not, but I can check on saturday when I'm there and report back to you if that's not too late, not sure if you planned on going there with an RV on this saturday.

Just checking on for a friend...hopefully this will not be the last Aero Club tailgate for me.

Reaction Score
Hey guys one quick question. Does anyone know a good meeting spot right outside aero club lit? Trying to find a place tobmeet so we can all drive in together. Saw on google maps that there is a burger king right down the road. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey guys one quick question. Does anyone know a good meeting spot right outside aero club lit? Trying to find a place tobmeet so we can all drive in together. Saw on google maps that there is a burger king right down the road. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks

We use the the nearly abandoned shopping center a bit further down Silver Lane, across the street from the ALDI. Plenty of room to muster and a traffic light that will help you stick together when leaving. It's "Silver Lane Plaza Shopping Center" on Google Maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom