Advanced warning | The Boneyard

Advanced warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm thinking about possibly posting something funny and/or thought-provoking. I considered trying for inspiring, but I'm not really the inspiring type. And besides, the worst part of social media is the habit of posting lame inspirational quotes.

So, again. Funny and/or inspirational.

It's coming. Seriously. Prepare.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well, first you said funny or thought-provoking, no inspiring, then it becomes funny or inspiring. Maybe this is like a zen-thing or an enigma wrapped in a paradox inside pretzel logic. Okay, I'm getting ready....this will certainly be worth waiting for cuz Odds and Ends were, like, a really long time ago. Someone's overdue. No pressure, though.

Oh, by the way, Toke is unimpressed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Inspirational-Motivational-Quotes-13_thumb%2525252525252525255B2%2525252525252525255D.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Time to resurrect "Who to Hate"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That might not be a bad idea. Bring back who to hate or who to beat up.

The 'coaches I can beat up' might have to become 'athletic directors and conference commissioners I can beat up'.

Reaction Score
Well, there is no longer an ignore button in this forum.

Reaction Score
How about a new edition of "Odds & Ends" like old times?

Reaction Score
You've inspired me. I'm thinking about posting something brief. It will likely take me hours maybe even days to come up with it, but it will come to me. Maybe in a dream...or vision. Possibly from a Cracker Jack box or fortune cookie. But it will certainly be big and brief. Unlikely profound or inspiring. Borderline boring most likely. So stay tuned for the spectacularly dissapointing.

Reaction Score
I am thinking of drinking a whole bottle of absinthe over the next ten hours then hitting a strip club later armed with 50 rolls of pennies.
I am not sure I am " on theme" here but I am sure I will be able to provide some content for this thread by tomorrow at the latest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
How about a new edition of "Odds & Ends" like old times?

Thinking about it, but not sure where it's going to be, though. It's a lot of work for a message board post, though - might have something else in mind there. We'll see.

We have a bottle of Lucid that's been sitting in the cabinet for a couple of years. I'm not sure what will happen the day we crack it open, but it'll probably involve bail.

Reaction Score
Fishy - Can't remember all the particulars but how about recycling the Thanksgiving dinner family gathering story when the turkey flew over the table?

Reaction Score
I am thinking of drinking a whole bottle of absinthe over the next ten hours then hitting a strip club later armed with 50 rolls of pennies.
That's a pretty good way to get beaten to death with your own money.
Also don't be "that guy" at the strip club. It's mean.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is it too early for a good old hanging????

I regret that I had but one life to give for my country.

Reaction Score
That might not be a bad idea. Bring back who to hate or who to beat up.

The 'coaches I can beat up' might have to become 'athletic directors and conference commissioners I can beat up'.

In my business, I tell prospective employees they will not be considered for employment unless they check the smart-ass box on the application. It's a dry-cleaning business where humor and the well placed insult make the day so much easier. And, in line with your consideration of a "Who To Beat Up" list, I had actually suggested to everyone(my staff) last Thursday, even though the vast majority of our customers are terrific, that we add to our agenda the company's first annual "Punch The Customer In The Face Week". As a humanitarian gesture, I told everyone they could use their weaker hand for senior citizens(being one myself). I thought this new addition to our renowned customer service reputation would help us to keep pace with the frightening evolution of reality television and the latest fashionable trend allowing telephone texting and tweeting to replace normal conversation. I'm just a modern guy; and Fishmeister, you better have something to offer that is really worth my time.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom