Admit it. You're amped about the upcoming American Athletic Conference season and tournament. AAC! | The Boneyard

Admit it. You're amped about the upcoming American Athletic Conference season and tournament. AAC!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
get real. this years' AAC lineup will be awesome, months of entertaining games ahead. delicious! who wins the season? I have no clue, but watching the huskies compete? big fun.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is serious or sarcasm or a Syracuse troll, but I'm certainly looking more forward to this AAC season than the previous ones, especially due to us being competitive again and the unexpected early season success of Cinci, Temple and Houston.
"Exciting" might not be an adequate description yet for the AAC this season, but it could be starting next season.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is AAC football is solid at the top but gets much better recruits in basketball as of now, than football.

SMU should have kept Larry Brown somehow.

Reaction Score
get real. this years' AAC lineup will be awesome, months of entertaining games ahead. delicious! who wins the season? I have no clue, but watching the huskies compete? big fun.

:eek:.

Yes Mr. Aresco! Fired up!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m excited to see them mix it up with Houston, UCF and Memphis for sure.

Reaction Score
Half full? Knowing Hurley will have them playing hard will make some of these games watchable and they haven't been the last couple years.

Half empty? After a fun non-conf schedule, it's a drag knowing there's really nothing to mark out on the calendar the next 2 months. And, before you talking about Houston or UCF? I'm comparing it back to Big Monday ESPN games against Kittles and Villanova or Moten and Cuse.

Summary: Hopefully these aren't baby steps but good steady improvements for the program.

Reaction Score
I am amped to try whatever it is you are smoking ClifSpliffy. Come on bruh, puff puff give.

Reaction Score
Looking at the AAC schedule strength, I think we have a legit chance of taking the league this year.

Reaction Score
I have to admit, the league is miles ahead of where I thought it would be (football & basketball) and that's without UConn winning post-2014. I've gotten to the point where I'm done crying about the conference. If we ever get a P5 invite, great. But for now the conference is a stable enough environment for us.

*Will ignore any replies to me about the Big East...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm actually very excited for conference play. I'm not sure this team is good enough to make noise in the NCAAs, so I want them to at least make noise in the league. Maybe we could actually finish in the top 3 for the first time?

Reaction Score
Agree with a lot of the sentiments on here. Think the league is pretty wide open and for the taking. No reason why we can't pull it off. Biggest thing I'm looking for out of Hurley to see if we can win some of the road games we should win that we haven't the past couple years - @ Tulsa @ ECU, not blown out at SMU.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Just a reminder, so far we have played the 130th ranked strength of schedule. That's about the middle of our conference. Cincinnati, Memphis Houston, Temple, and WS have all played significantly stronger schedule and only Memphis has a worse record.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm actually very excited for conference play. I'm not sure this team is good enough to make noise in the NCAAs, so I want them to at least make noise in the league. Maybe we could actually finish in the top 3 for the first time?
Top 3 would be great, and depending on whom you beat and when, that might be enough for NCAAs.

I’d really like no head-scratching losses though.

Reaction Score
I have to admit, the league is miles ahead of where I thought it would be (football & basketball) and that's without UConn winning post-2014. I've gotten to the point where I'm done crying about the conference. If we ever get a P5 invite, great. But for now the conference is a stable enough environment for us.

*Will ignore any replies to me about the Big East...
I will wait until the next tv deal before I attempt to call this conference stable. Even then, in basketball, this conference has a long way to go before being exciting. Its a conference of misfits living in no mans land.

Reaction Score
Just a reminder, so far we have played the 130th ranked strength of schedule. That's about the middle of our conference. Cincinnati, Memphis Houston, Temple, and WS have all played significantly stronger schedule and only Memphis has a worse record.

That’s based mostly on the fact we’ve played weaker cupcakes than them. We have by far the most top heavy schedule in the league in terms of facing P5 teams that will be ranked in the top 25 at some point this year.

Reaction Score
I will wait until the next tv deal before I attempt to call this conference stable. Even then, in basketball, this conference has a long way to go before being exciting. Its a conference of misfits living in no mans land.

My thoughts on the conference and what we should do not withstanding, I think what the AAC needs is a marketable rivalry.

Remember, Georgetown and Syracuse didn’t really have that much in common, either culturally or geographically, but then the “Manly Field House is officially closed” game happened and the big east built its brand blah blah blah (we all saw the 30 for 30).

Anyway, long winded way of saying; UConn and Memphis are the only teams that can build a rivalry like that.

Reaction Score
That’s based mostly on the fact we’ve played weaker cupcakes than them. We have by far the most top heavy schedule in the league in terms of facing P5 teams that will be ranked in the top 25 at some point this year.

Was Arizona ranked at some point this year? I haven't paid that close attention. Cincy has played Ohio State, Mississippi State and UCLA, those three have all been ranked (and two still are.)

Reaction Score
My thoughts on the conference and what we should do not withstanding, I think what the AAC needs is a marketable rivalry.

Remember, Georgetown and Syracuse didn’t really have that much in common, either culturally or geographically, but then the “Manly Field House is officially closed” game happened and the big east built its brand blah blah blah (we all saw the 30 for 30).

Anyway, long winded way of saying; UConn and Memphis are the only teams that can build a rivalry like that.
UConn/Memphis rivalry is a real possibility. Along with UConn/Cincy. I mean Cronin and Hurley on the sidelines together in battle will be nothing short of fireworks

Reaction Score
I'm up for watching conference play for the first time in a while.
May the last few years become a distant memory. Quickly!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I get what you are all saying and it’s great but...

One thought of names like UCF, Houston and Tulsa and I’m back to being sick to my stomach. It’s been 7 years now and it’s still the same for me, sorry.

Reaction Score

UConn/Memphis rivalry is a real possibility. Along with UConn/Cincy. I mean Cronin and Hurley on the sidelines together in battle will be nothing short of fireworks

Houston is just about the U.S.'s third largest city, and under Kelvin Sampson the program is arguably the best team in the conference right now. I watched them play; lots of size and tough. People can knock Sampson for this or that, but he had Oklahoma or OK State playing real well years ago, and now in the same region of the country he is turning Houston into a powerhouse.

Good rivalry here.

Reaction Score
Houston is just about the U.S.'s third largest city, and under Kelvin Sampson the program is arguably the best team in the conference right now. I watched them play; lots of size and tough. People can knock Sampson for this or that, but he had Oklahoma or OK State playing real well years ago, and now in the same region of the country he is turning Houston into a powerhouse.

Good rivalry here.
I'm old enough to remember Phi Slamma Jamma. People talk about Louie and St. John's in the 80s, but Houston achieved far more, making 2 Finals, and 3 Final Fours, to go along with 2 more Final Fours in the late 60s. There's no reason why Houston shouldn't be an elite program. Lot's of home grown talent in that area. Wouldn't be a bad idea for UConn to pluck the occasional player from there. Not every kid wants to stay close to home.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Was Arizona ranked at some point this year? I haven't paid that close attention. Cincy has played Ohio State, Mississippi State and UCLA, those three have all been ranked (and two still are.)
Arizona will win a lot of games in a terrible PAC this year and on name and record will be ranked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom