Adjusted D Down to #41 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Adjusted D Down to #41

Reaction Score
Would never know for this thread that we’lol be ranked #1 on Monday

pj

Reaction Score
This is not a serious post right? This is just comically horrible

It's a proof that college teams always get worse year to year. This is because the returning players never improve ("neutral" change year to year), and graduating seniors or NBA draft departures get replaced by inexperienced freshmen.

In 10 years, we can expect college ball to have degraded so far that middle school teams can beat the top teams.

Reaction Score
It's a proof that college teams always get worse year to year. This is because the returning players never improve ("neutral" change year to year), and graduating seniors or NBA draft departures get replaced by inexperienced freshmen.

In 10 years, we can expect college ball to have degraded so far that middle school teams can beat the top teams.
But wait, aren't those middle school rosters experiencing the same downward talent pressure?

Reaction Score
Excited about the potential to be #1 tomorrow, but how did UConn drop further, to #47, on adjusted D after allowing only 34% FG percentage and 25% from three? I may need to take a class in Ken Pom.

Reaction Score
I can't get myself too worked up about these defensive stats. They're winning and the guy currently missing probably affects his team's defense as much as, if not more than, anyone else in America. All things considered Clingan's absence has been a net positive for the group and they'll be better for it.

Reaction Score
Excited about the potential to be #1 tomorrow, but how did UConn drop further, to #47, on adjusted D after allowing only 34% FG percentage and 25% from three? I may need to take a class in Ken Pom.
Maybe all the offensive rebounds they gave up? To a team that isn't very good. I don't know exactly how kenpom's algorithms work.

Reaction Score
It might have as much to do with what other teams around us are doing as anything we’ve done. We’re already up two to 45 at 3:48 pm

Reaction Score
Its all about efficiency. And the amount of fouls and second chances we gave them dont call for an efficient day

Reaction Score
I don’t know the exact components, but we gave up 1.08 points per possession, compared to our season adjusted average of 0.978 points per possession. Free throws and offensive rebounds matter, and not only shooting percentage. KenPom also weights in preseason projections less as the season goes on, so we don’t have the elite projections figured in very much anymore. Combine all of that with the fact that Georgetown isn’t very good and we played at home, I can see why our defensive numbers dropped. It sounds like our defense will be getting a big addition soon enough.

Reaction Score
1 game makes that much difference? Well if they keep playing D like that they'll be back in the top 10 soon.
Gave up 48 pts against a KenPom top 40 offense and held them to 6 offensive boards and turned em over 14 times. Expected to give up 68-69, crushed the projected score.

The biggest single game leap I recall. From 8 to 4 overall.

And the offense scored 62 and didnt dip at all due to the 21 offensive boards. Wild stuff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom