ADDING UCONN TO THE BIG TEN WOULD BE ACTUALLY GOOD. HERE'S WHY. | The Boneyard

ADDING UCONN TO THE BIG TEN WOULD BE ACTUALLY GOOD. HERE'S WHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Hoosiers are a good start.

Need to find someone to make the football people happy too...

Anyone know much about that school from Oklahoma that's been looking around?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Enjoyable read because 1) it reiterates a lot of us have been arguing for a while and 2) it is pro-UConn to the B1G. As others have said, it is nice to hear that the public narrative is changing in favor.

The following quote from the article gave me an image that literally made me LOL.

2. Two area programs would make New York City far more of a B1G TOWN than it is presently.
This is Delany most vivid, explicit moist dream. Jim Delany, DeBlasio, and Anti-Semitic Elmo skipping through Times Square as hordes of onlookers shout in unison, "B1G! B1G! B1G!."

Reaction Score
Are we like, the fat chick that lost weight and got contact lenses over winter break
UConn is Laney Boggs (a.k.a. Rachel Leigh Cook) from "She's All That". We were always kinda cute in a understated, humble way that not many really noticed, and then Freddy Prinze, Jr and Anna Paquin stepped in to make us over. @Dooley has been our Anna Paquin - tip of the hat to you Dooley... yeoman's work, now who will be our Freddy Prinze, Jr and take us to the P5 prom?

ddcihs06zo1yvjtnuov8.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nothing like coming out of the gates swinging at our friends in Jersey...

"You can lament it as much as you'd like, but the reality is they're here to stay. They're not leaving. Rutgers will be a member of the Big Ten Conference for the long, foreseeable future."

Dooley

Reaction Score
UConn is Laney Boggs (a.k.a. Rachel Leigh Cook) from "She's All That". We were always kinda cute in a understated, humble way that not many really noticed, and then Freddy Prinze, Jr and Anna Paquin stepped in to make us over. @Dooley has been our Anna Paquin - tip of the hat to you Dooley... yeoman's work, now who will be our Freddy Prinze, Jr and take us to the P5 prom?

ddcihs06zo1yvjtnuov8.jpg

I do not whether to accept this as a compliment or be offended by an insult. But I do know this: if any of you f---ers ever try to hit on me, you will go on ignore. :)

Reaction Score
Final:
Purdue 107
Rutgers 57

I think more people are seriously thinking "mistake" at this point.
They have become the Seton Hall/DePaul of the B1G....barely competing and will eventually be taking a full share. @Seaa Blue B1G fans will soon know what's like to have been in the BE with teams like that...leech's sucking up a full share will providing nothing more than warm bodies in uniforms in a fair amount of sports.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The question really isn't whether or not it should be done (it should), but the question becomes whether or not the B1G would add UConn before the B12 can as a single addition if no partners are available. It seems that most desired partners (OU, KU, UNC, UVA, GT) are all tied up by GORs for the foreseeable future and widely believed to be unavailable for several years. Would this be enough of a reason for Delany and other B1G Presidents to risk allowing a third Power conference access to the northeast? Or would the B1G consider adding UConn right now and sit back and wait for the rest of the dominoes to fall to pick off the best candidates from the B12 and ACC? This would mean going back to an odd number scheduling pattern. Would the recently passed deregulation help a conference with an odd number of schools? I have no idea. But the idea is a real one: the B1G added Rutgers and its dumpster fire of an athletic program for cable boxes and an eastern presence. It would seem incredibly foolish to cool off that idea now and allow a third power conference entry into the very market that it is trying to stranglehold.

Reaction Score

ddcihs06zo1yvjtnuov8.jpg

This genre has been updated recently. We're the DUFF waiting for the B1G reveal and the prom invite

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They have become the Seton Hall/DePaul of the B1G....barely competing and will eventually be taking a full share. @Seaa Blue B1G fans will soon know what's like to have been in the BE with teams like that...leech's sucking up a full share will providing nothing more than warm bodies in uniforms in a fair amount of sports.
What moved them off the point of being the Rutgers of the Big Ten. Rutgers was awful when they were in the Big East too.

Reaction Score
I do not whether to accept this as a compliment or be offended by an insult. But I do know this: if any of you f---ers ever try to hit on me, you will go on ignore. :)

Rest assured, no one is going to pick you over Anna Paquin. Not even Palatine or Nelson just for the sake of being contrarian.

Reaction Score
What moved them off the point of being the Rutgers of the Big Ten. Rutgers was awful when they were in the Big East too.
Yeah but not as bad as those 2 programs I mentioned.

Reaction Score
Can we please pat ourselves on the back with how superior we are to Rutgers AFTER we get an invite?

I understand your sentiment and am all for managing expectations, but Rutgers is a horrid dumpster fire and we need to remember that at all times.

You can't coach Geography.

Reaction Score
Can we please pat ourselves on the back with how superior we are to Rutgers AFTER we get an invite?

Don't understand this. We are superior to Rutgers. If they get invited to play in the NFC East next year, that still doesn't change the underlying fact. You are or are not superior because of your accomplishments -- not what conference you are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom