Addazio to BC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Addazio to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boston Globe fan poll is 2 to 1 saying BC could have done better.

Reaction Score
CT puts out a couple quality players each year. Unfortunately, while there is a little quality, there is not quantity.

Maybe they are not given enough of a chance. CT kids on the whole have performed really well for us including a bunch of under the radar guys like Scott Lutrus and Marcus Easley. I'm not advocating kowtowing to the CT High School coaches, but maybe CT kids are better than they are given credit for. One good thing about UMass upgrading is it will certainly give an extra 2-3 CT kids a shot at FBS football.

Reaction Score
I thought everybody here was still cursing that Edsall didn't leave early enough for us to get this guy, now BC is making a huge mistake? I'm pretty sure people were still pining over him after our game against Temple this year. I think he'll be a good hire for BC. In a year or two they'll be in bowl games again and depending on how watered down the ACC gets he should have them winning 7-9 games year in year out.

Reaction Score
I thought everybody here was still cursing that Edsall didn't leave early enough for us to get this guy, now BC is making a huge mistake? I'm pretty sure people were still pining over him after our game against Temple this year. I think he'll be a good hire for BC. In a year or two they'll be in bowl games again and depending on how watered down the ACC gets he should have them winning 7-9 games year in year out.

I think we have new and more complete information. People are allowed to reconsider and opinions aren't set in stone.

He did beat Coach Ozymandias however.

Reaction Score

My opinion of Addazio has always been closer to that of zls than others. He'll recruit fairly well, but he's not a good coach.

Reaction Score
You think there are maybe 5 other states that have worse high school football than Connecticut? For being so awful in football the state sure does put a lot of players in the NFL.

I don't know why people get all bent out of shape about this. Most of the states that are worse HS football states are also located in New England. And please spare me the stories about Aaron Hernandez, Griffin, Reyes, etc. Every state produces NFL talent. You want to throw in the Dakotas, Idaho, Montana.......fine. But CT is near the bottom of the HS football food chain at the national level.

Reaction Score
My opinion of Addazio has always been closer to that of zls than others. He'll recruit fairly well, but he's not a good coach.

Outcoached our guys in the second half this year......

Reaction Score
I don't know why people get all bent out of shape about this. Most of the states that are worse HS football states are also located in New England. And please spare me the stories about Aaron Hernandez, Griffin, Reyes, etc. Every state produces NFL talent. You want to throw in the Dakotas, Idaho, Montana.......fine. But CT is near the bottom of the HS football food chain at the national level.

According to this http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...in-big-ten-expanding-include-maryland-rutgers, Conn. is above 10 states, and about even with states like Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, missouri, West Virginia.

Another interesting thing is that, while Conn. is well below some of the deep red states on that map (such as Nebraska), it ends up sending just as many players to the NFL draft as those states (i.e. both states have sent 13 to the draft in the last 10 years). This tells me that while UConn is in the fourth quintile nationally, the quality of recruits is much higher than some of the schools in the third or second quintile. This also holds true for Mass. which has an unusual number of NFL players for the amount of D1 prospects it produces.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/draft-history-graphic.htm

Reaction Score
According to this http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...in-big-ten-expanding-include-maryland-rutgers, Conn. is above 10 states, and about even with states like Washington, Oregon, Wisconsin, missouri, West Virginia.

Another interesting thing is that, while Conn. is well below some of the deep red states on that map (such as Nebraska), it ends up sending just as many players to the NFL draft as those states (i.e. both states have sent 13 to the draft in the last 10 years). This tells me that while UConn is in the fourth quintile nationally, the quality of recruits is much higher than some of the schools in the third or second quintile. This also holds true for Mass. which has an unusual number of NFL players for the amount of D1 prospects it produces.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/draft-history-graphic.htm

Yea, we're number 39!

Reaction Score
From what I have heard, Addazio is given credit for being a very good motivator and a good recruiter; but, not that great in game day coaching tactics. I agree his offence scheme appear to be similar to what UConn currently employees, i.e. run left, run right, except that the likes using a running quarterback. This has been the case since high school when he tabbed a Sophomore, option quarterback to start over a Senior 2 year starter who was more of a pro-style, throwing quarterback.

Reaction Score
Outcoached our guys in the second half this year......

Disagree. We got outcoached in most games, but this game was lost by a kicker who the bed. It happens, but he hits ONE that day and we win.

But, and someone must outlaw this phrase, Stevie did refer to BC as his "dream job". I hope he remembers some dreams are nightmares.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Addazio is a good coach but BC is a graveyard.

Great recruiter who will be sniffing all over our back yard.

A graveyard in a stable conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Disagree. We got outcoached in most games, but this game was lost by a kicker who the bed. It happens, but he hits ONE that day and we win.

But, and someone must outlaw this phrase, Stevie did refer to BC as his "dream job". I hope he remembers some dreams are nightmares.

We exposed the middle of the field in the first half. Once Temple made the adjustment on defense we had no answers. Just kept calling the same plays. It should never have come down to 2 missed FG's.

Reaction Score
We exposed the middle of the field in the first half. Once Temple made the adjustment on defense we had no answers. Just kept calling the same plays. It should never have come down to 2 missed FG's.

Wasn't it 4 missed FGs that game? We didn't get out-coached by Addazio/Temple, we just shat the bed

Reaction Score
We're going to the B1G. This is going to be fun.

Reaction Score
If somehow UConn does get into the BiG and BC is stuck in what is left of the ACC (not sure which scenario puts a bigger smile on my face), BC football from a recruiting standpoint will be DOA, Urban Myer could not save them.
BC Recruiter to 4 Star Recruit from Mass – ‘You get to play in front of your family for a school that can’t even make the news after the Sox, Pats, Celtics, and Bruins are covered and you get to play Wake Forest and Temple every year.’
UConn Recruiter to 4 Star Recruit from Mass – ‘You get to play at a school that is only 100+ miles from your family against Penn State, Ohio State, etc. every year on national TV.’

Reaction Score
If somehow UConn does get into the BiG and BC is stuck in what is left of the ACC (not sure which scenario puts a bigger smile on my face), BC football from a recruiting standpoint will be DOA, Urban Myer could not save them.
BC Recruiter to 4 Star Recruit from Mass – ‘You get to play in front of your family for a school that can’t even make the news after the Sox, Pats, Celtics, and Bruins are covered and you get to play Wake Forest and Temple every year.’
UConn Recruiter to 4 Star Recruit from Mass – ‘You get to play at a school that is only 100+ miles from your family against Penn State, Ohio State, etc. every year on national TV.’

I don't agree with this. Boston is a wonderful city for college kids, BC has great academics, and they will always have a pipeline to Catholic high schools across the country. If they can get the right coach, they'll be able to compete for good recruits.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with this. Boston is a wonderful city for college kids, BC has great academics, and they will always have a pipeline to Catholic high schools across the country. If they can get the right coach, they'll be able to compete for good recruits.

Agree that Boston is a great college town; but I disagree with it being a good town for football student athletes, cough, cough, who are looking for a ticket to the NFL and university presidents who are looking for $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom