Addazio to BC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Addazio to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is not good news. First, I held out hope that after one more year, if we move conferences, we would look at Addazio. Second, and more importantly, this will make BC more of a player for CT's best recruits. A coach with a background in FL, or PA, or NJ, might have had less of an impact on us.

Sick to my stomach. Addazio to BC is horrible for us. Great recruiter in our backyard. Great hire by BC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
So put a positive on it and take a quick gander at Temple recruits and see if we can move some. Take advantage of news - good or bad - don't sit idly by and wonder what if.

Reaction Score
Great pick-up for BC. I played high school ball under Addazzio, and he is definitely as advertised. He will have the BC kids running through walls.

To BL and others who think he is out of play now for us, should we find a way to shed PP. Don't bet on it. This is one of the rare occassions where I actually have some inside information, and I can say fairly confidently that living and working in CT is his end.

He will have a buyout that is likely to be more than we can afford. But we'll see.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So put a positive on it and take a quick gander at Temple recruits and see if we can move some. Take advantage of news - good or bad - don't sit idly by and wonder what if.

i wonder if barone is over his family issues and interested in going aay for school now? maybe take his teammate with him...

Reaction Score
WTF, man up - my god, the guy was in our conference, now he is at the end of the cul-de-sac; is it worse that he is 90 miles away trather than 20-0? was he not coming in to CT to recruit b/c he was in Philly. He left and will continue to be a thorn in our side, but now as to HS kids and not grinning on gameday as our frigging kicker turns in to Charlie Brown.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Not sure I buy the "that's part of the reason Urban left UF" - Agree it was a horrible offense that year but your saying Urban was forced out then? The head coach left because he couldn't fire the OC?

Adazio's offense fell flat in all of their games against major SEC teams. Florida's relegation to a mediocre team in the SEC left Urban (with a combination of his "health problems") to make a well-timed exit.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If you read the BC board, they, uh, don't like it.

Who were they hoping to land? What coach did BC fans want? I know everyone here has a list, I'm curious what the list was for BC fans.

Reaction Score
Who were they hoping to land? What coach did BC fans want? I know everyone here has a list, I'm curious what the list was for BC fans.
Nick Saban, after all they are BC fans.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
M@t#erFu@ker, not that I didn't have higher aspirations for our new HC but, M@t#erFu@ker!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
i wonder if barone is over his family issues and interested in going aay for school now? maybe take his teammate with him...

This was the first thing that popped into my mind! (well, the second thing after saying WTF!) Getting Barone back into the UConn camp would be a terrific pickup for us. The question is; was the family thing the bigger issue, or Addazio's influence?

Reaction Score
I'm not losing any sleep whatsoever over this. Don't see how this is good or bad for UConn at all. There are maybe 5 other states with worse HS football than CT.

Reaction Score
They can't transfer within conference.
From the Big East rules:
BIG EAST INTRA-CONFERENCE TRANSFER POLICY
Student-athletes in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football, are not permitted to transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and participate in any capacity in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football. However, these student-athletes may transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and may participate in sports other than men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football pursuant to the transfer parameters in the next clause. There are no exceptions or waivers to this rule.

Student-athletes in all other sports may transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and participate in any sport other than men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football, provided that prior to competing for the second Conference institution the student-athlete serves a year in residency at the second Conference institution. During the year in residency [two full semesters or three full quarters (which shall be determined in accordance with NCAA rules associated with transfers)] the student-athlete shall not lose a year of eligibility, and shall be eligible to practice and receive athletically related financial aid. There are no exceptions or waivers to this rule.

Reaction Score
I'm not losing any sleep whatsoever over this. Don't see how this is good or bad for UConn at all. There are maybe 5 other states with worse HS football than CT.
True but we are unlikely to get a serious look by any of the top 1000 recruits from the 45 states above CT.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They can't transfer within conference.
From the Big East rules:
BIG EAST INTRA-CONFERENCE TRANSFER POLICY
Student-athletes in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball and football, are not permitted to transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and participate in any capacity in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football. However, these student-athletes may transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and may participate in sports other than men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football pursuant to the transfer parameters in the next clause. There are no exceptions or waivers to this rule.

Student-athletes in all other sports may transfer (directly or indirectly) from one BIG EAST institution to another BIG EAST institution and participate in any sport other than men’s basketball, women’s basketball or football, provided that prior to competing for the second Conference institution the student-athlete serves a year in residency at the second Conference institution. During the year in residency [two full semesters or three full quarters (which shall be determined in accordance with NCAA rules associated with transfers)] the student-athlete shall not lose a year of eligibility, and shall be eligible to practice and receive athletically related financial aid. There are no exceptions or waivers to this rule.

So based on this, I think that Barone is still in play, since he hasn't signed a LOI yet. Would love to get the #17 Center back into our camp again...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut...rone-113817;_ylt=Ao61e_Pm9aK_FHOq4MNEUlYDrpB4

Reaction Score
I like him but just don't think he's a good fit for BC. They needed a coach of a different mold. To expand on it - I feel BC is a traditional program that needs a steady hand. Addazio is a much more ra-ra guy and a great recruiter who would be a better fit at an up and coming program.

Don't most people consider BCU an up and coming program?

Reaction Score
You think there are maybe 5 other states that have worse high school football than Connecticut? For being so awful in football the state sure does put a lot of players in the NFL.

Reaction Score
You think there are maybe 5 other states that have worse high school football than Connecticut? For being so awful in football the state sure does put a lot of players in the NFL.

CT puts out a couple quality players each year. Unfortunately, while there is a little quality, there is not quantity.

Reaction Score
Everyone, and I mean everyone at BC wanted Diaco - young, energetic, great recruiter. He interviewed at BC yesterday. Have a hard time believing addazio can recruit even half as well as Diaco. BC was looking for some energy into a program that is currently on life support - this hire just turned off the oxygen. I'm turning in my BC tickets for UConn. This BC program that won just 2 games last year and lost to army is about to get worse.

Reaction Score
Now I was officially an adazzio fan but I'm glad we didn't hire him to lose him a year later.

Reaction Score
As a student at UF in 2010, I watched Addazio coach the worst offense in the SEC under Urban Meyer. His play-calling was very similar to GDL's, and he's part of the reason Urban left UF.

I agree that he was horrendous at UF. He took over a potent offense from Mullen and ran it in to the ground so much so that the offense at UF is still trying to get back to where they were.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I agree that he was horrendous at UF. He took over a potent offense from Mullen and ran it in to the ground so much so that the offense at UF is still trying to get back to where they were.

Agreed. He could not handle a non Tebow offense. Brantley was the number #1 QB in the country coming out of HS. Not like he was dealing with a Whitmer or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom