Addazio to BC | The Boneyard

Addazio to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
barf. i want skip and spaz on this staff. if were going down hill, its going to be epic or lame and i want epic.

Reaction Score
Wow... how'd Blauds miss that one. Never mentioned him. This will hurt recruiting in CT.

People wonder why SH/WM kept PP. Until conference realignment is settled - Big East is a wasteland.

Reaction Score
Addazio is a good coach but BC is a graveyard.

Great recruiter who will be sniffing all over our back yard.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
"The hiring of Addazio is the first significant move for Bates, who was hired this fall essentially to fire Spaziani and lead the search for a new football coach." But is Bates a rock star?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
skip fired
strong will get a offer
butch is all but gone
steve to bc
rutgers to b10
cuse to acc
pitt to acc

and yet we sit still with PP. fun times. fml. the diz will land 10 new engloand kids a year. bookmarkit.

Reaction Score
skip fired
strong will get a offer
butch is all but gone
steve to bc
rutgers to b10
cuse to acc
pitt to acc

and yet we sit still with PP. fun times. fml

and you still don't see why or you being coy?

Reaction Score
This is not good news. First, I held out hope that after one more year, if we move conferences, we would look at Addazio. Second, and more importantly, this will make BC more of a player for CT's best recruits. A coach with a background in FL, or PA, or NJ, might have had less of an impact on us.

Reaction Score
I like him but just don't think he's a good fit for BC. They needed a coach of a different mold. To expand on it - I feel BC is a traditional program that needs a steady hand. Addazio is a much more ra-ra guy and a great recruiter who would be a better fit at an up and coming program.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is not good news. First, I held out hope that after one more year, if we move conferences, we would look at Addazio. Second, and more importantly, this will make BC more of a player for CT's best recruits. A coach with a background in FL, or PA, or NJ, might have had less of an impact on us.

yup. yup again...

Reaction Score
... and somewhere Flipper is giving us the finger and laughing his arse off!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I like him but just don't think he's a good fit for BC. They needed a coach of a different mold.

this is a good hire for them. this guy is a beast behind closed doors. bc was a funeral home and media blame game the past couple years. hes going to recruit his ass off, pump up fans and have brawls daily in practice. hes a warrior and his teams reflect it. bc football will win as soon as he touches campus. i'm not sure if he gets them top 25 good but they will be relevant very soon now. just remember warde sat on his ass and watched this happen. just wait until u see some kids transfer from temple. and i wonder who he brings staff wise and who he keeps. the next 2 months on the trail for uconn are very important as to what P will leave here after year 3, the diz may have a field day on us. i hope not...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I am thrilled that UConn will stay as far away from this guy as possible.

zls44

Reaction Score
As a student at UF in 2010, I watched Addazio coach the worst offense in the SEC under Urban Meyer. His play-calling was very similar to GDL's, and he's part of the reason Urban left UF.

Thank you.

People around here are blinded by where the guy gets his driver's license and ignoring the reality that he was a decent recruiter but a horrible, horrible coach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I am thrilled that UConn will stay as far away from this guy as possible.

u mean espn is thrilled that uconn stayed away so uconn can continue to devalue itself with espn helping...

zls44

Reaction Score
u mean espn is thrilled that uconn stayed away so uconn can continue to devalue itself with espn helping...

He's a bad coach. Period.

Reaction Score
As a student at UF in 2010, I watched Addazio coach the worst offense in the SEC under Urban Meyer. His play-calling was very similar to GDL's, and he's part of the reason Urban left UF.

Not sure I buy the "that's part of the reason Urban left UF" - Agree it was a horrible offense that year but your saying Urban was forced out then? The head coach left because he couldn't fire the OC?

Reaction Score
I think he is a Schiano type. He would have been good for UConn. We would have become delusional like Rutgers fans always talking about recruiting rankings and how we're going to be the USC of the east. I actually think that would be healthy for us because there has been no life in this program since Dan O graduated. Even the BCS year was not so fun.

I don't however think that is what BC needs. They are an established program and have strong recruiting links. I feel they needed a great gameday coach.

Reaction Score
If you read the BC board, they, uh, don't like it.

Where is this BC Board you speak of? I haven't seen much activity on a few I've seen. Can you point me to a link? Thanks

Addazio and Marrone are somewhat friendly (his son plays for Cuse)...Addazio ran out of ideas playing Cuse in the Temple game and lost the last 1/3 of the game badly...seems like a hire that can get BC to a minor bowl game...maybe that is what they need right now. Seems like he could be a pest in CT for you guys with his background. How do the CT HS coaches feel about Addazio?

Reaction Score
Where is this BC Board you speak of? I haven't seen much activity on a few I've seen. Can you point me to a link? Thanks

Addazio and Marrone are somewhat friendly (his son plays for Cuse)...Addazio ran out of ideas playing Cuse in the Temple game and lost the last 1/3 of the game badly...seems like a hire that can get BC to a minor bowl game...maybe that is what they need right now. Seems like he could be a pest in CT for you guys with his background. How do the CT HS coaches feel about Addazio?

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=93318de6070d287174bdad0bf2282f93

Reaction Score
Thank you.

People around here are blinded by where the guy gets his driver's license and ignoring the reality that he was a decent recruiter but a horrible, horrible coach.

could care less Steve A from Ct but I saw first-hand in October the man can motivate players . . . well maybe Don Brown can get Tyler Matakevich (sp?) to transfer here.

Reaction Score
Great pick-up for BC. I played high school ball under Addazzio, and he is definitely as advertised. He will have the BC kids running through walls.

To BL and others who think he is out of play now for us, should we find a way to shed PP. Don't bet on it. This is one of the rare occassions where I actually have some inside information, and I can say fairly confidently that living and working in CT is his end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom