Addazio fired after 7 seasons at BC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Addazio fired after 7 seasons at BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Addazio is no world beater, but he took an absolute train wreck and corrected it very quickly. Then he played a little over .500 ball. Canning him is a bet on getting BC over the hump to compete for conference championships. I think the probability of slipping is much higher.

Reaction Score
I knew Steve from his younger days as a teenager. He decent, honorable human being who was and is a good coach. BC got into the ACC because they are the big fish in the pond in New England and produce a lot of tv revenue. Unfortunately, that does not result in getting five star players which is very difficult to do in the East coast. The last truly Eastern team to win a national championship was Syracuse and that was during the period of segregation when the best black athletes were barred from teams like Alabama, LSU , and Flordia.

Football is easier and a better P5 fit at a State University

BC - deceitfully - foisted themselves ahead of their Big East partners in 2003. And lied. And then tried to blackball The University of Connecticut from a position in that conference. They’re creeps. If a sinkhole opened up in Newton & sucked that school down to hell - Jesuit priests First - that would be a good revolting recourse for our pain & suffering.

Reaction Score
BC produces nothing at all. Good academic school but athletically, it hasn’t done anything of note in many years and has a minimal following in the Boston market. It is hard to find game recaps in the Boston Globe, let alone real coverage.

I just spent my whole weekend listening to FSU fans complain about Syracuse, Boston College and Wake Forest ruining the ACC.
If we can turn UConn FB and men's basketball around maybe we can replace BC, WF or Syracuse in the ACC. I am still hopeful.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Just think how much harder it would have been for BC had UConn made it into the ACC.

Reaction Score
Addazio made $2.6 million in 2019. He ain't coming to work with Edsell for $300k. LOL.

Sources: Boston College fires coach Steve Addazio after seven seasons
Not him.. maybe one of his assistants.. we currently don't have anybody primarily focusing on one of the bigger issues on our defense, linebackers... We're working with a staff built like a D2 school right now... a coach being the OC and manning OL???? and was never a OC before? at this level no less... and a DC coaching LB's. I feel good about our DC, but let him place his primary focus there... Get a LB coach in here

Reaction Score
Just think how much harder it would have been for BC had UConn made it into the ACC.
If we were in the ACC, the fan base and state of CT as a whole would have demanded a competitive basketball and football program. The AAC has led to mostly indifference.

Reaction Score
Addazio did a wonderful job with a wonderful job with Aaon Hernandez when he stole him from the Huskies and put him AH under his wing.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Pretty damning story on Twitter

Hmmmm, you agree with someone on facebook that your former HC and then current HC "can't recruit" and then you are surprised when there are repercussions? Addazzio may have been a dick to deny him a free ticket, but you can't expect in this word to publicly crap on your old boss and nothing comes from it. I wouldn't have done what Addazzio did - but I also wouldnt have come to the stadium expecting a free ticket once I took my shot at the current HC.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I knew Steve from his younger days as a teenager. He decent, honorable human being who was and is a good coach. BC got into the ACC because they are the big fish in the pond in New England and produce a lot of tv revenue. Unfortunately, that does not result in getting five star players which is very difficult to do in the East coast. The last truly Eastern team to win a national championship was Syracuse and that was during the period of segregation when the best black athletes were barred from teams like Alabama, LSU , and Flordia.

unless you look at Rivals which always had them higher on the recruiting sites due to a Rival individual who went there and always gave them a bump in the ratings.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, you agree with someone on facebook that your former HC and then current HC "can't recruit" and then you are surprised when there are repercussions? Addazzio may have been a dick to deny him a free ticket, but you can't expect in this word to publicly crap on your old boss and nothing comes from it. I wouldn't have done what Addazzio did - but I also wouldnt have come to the stadium expecting a free ticket once I took my shot at the current HC.

hmmm

I’m not a “social media” maven. The kid hit LIKE on Facebook. What is Addazio looking through who’s hit LIKE on someone’s Facebook post.

that’s just weird

Reaction Score
hmmm

I’m not a “social media” maven. The kid hit LIKE on Facebook. What is Addazio looking through who’s hit LIKE on someone’s Facebook post.

that’s just weird
It was brought to his attention, however its still petty as hell. They poured gasoline on a static shock.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
hmmm

that’s just weird

Its a small world. Addazio hits "like" on a post that says Josh Keyes is a crappy LB and let me know how that's suppose to play out.

Have strong opinion, then be ready for what happens next.

I'm not sure I would have behaved the same way as Adazzio, but if I am Keyes, how could you be bothered, surprised or offended on the boomerang?

Reaction Score
Its a small world. Addazio hits "like" on a post that says Josh Keyes is a crappy LB and let me know how that's suppose to play out.

Have strong opinion, then be ready for what happens next.

I'm not sure I would have behaved the same way as Adazzio, but if I am Keyes, how could you be bothered, surprised or offended on the boomerang?
It kind of fits in with in the younger mindset. Its almost like they feel freedom of expression goes hand in hand with freedom from consequences.

I still think Addazio looks REAL SMALL here however but i get what you are saying.

I thought the Andre Williams was more troubling.

Reaction Score
Anyone here who wouldn’t take him as OC/ associate HC is insane. I don’t care what his offenses were ranked. Another real adult in the room would do wonders, he would recruit the area well, and his approach jives with Edsall who we are stuck with. If he is getting buy out money maybe he doesn’t mind making 300k to live where he wants to.

he will get better offers.

Reaction Score
He will likely find a good spot. Adazzio is a CT guy who is proud of his CT roots if you have ever heard his interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom