Adams this year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At his size he needs to be a great shooter, especially if he wants an NBA career. Hopefully he really put the work in during the offseason to make that happen. Aside from percentages, his 3 point shot looks very balanced, nice.

I just can't wait to see his drives again. We've been spoiled with crafty guards as of late, but he surpassed them all I think in terms of the amount of circus layups he managed to find the bottom of the net with.

I assume the majority of you guys are fully entrenched in football season, but for me this is the toughest part of the year since I don't care about football. Is it November yet?

Reaction Score
Adams should have a great year. Hopefully he tightened up his handle (he had some very inexcusable turnovers last year) and worked on his long range jumper. He can get to the rim whenever he wants and will be able to draw a lot of fouls.

But Jalen, with all that athleticism, give us a couple dunks this year!

From what I remember, his long range jumper looked very good towards the end of last year. Especially against Cincy in the AAC Tournament

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what I remember, his long range jumper looked very good towards the end of last year. Especially against Cincy in the AAC Tournament

He shot .273 from 3 last year and it's important he improves that or just gets a really good mid range game. He can get to the rim but they will eventually slack if he doesn't get a consistent perimeter game. Doesn't have to be 22 feet out just make some jump shots.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Big jump from being one of the guys to being the guy, and he will be "the guy" as the point though I know that he'll get help scoring. No doubt he'll make the sophomore jump but even great players and struggle with the burden of leadership. Think Bazz's soph year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He shot .273 from 3 last year and it's important he improves that or just gets a really good mid range game. He can get to the rim but they will eventually slack if he doesn't get a consistent perimeter game. Doesn't have to be 22 feet out just make some jump shots.
Oh I know, I was emphasizing his long range jumper, particularly ones from about 75 feet out at the buzzer

Reaction Score
He shot above 40% from 3 I believe from February or mid Feb until end of season but I think he went a bunch of games not even attempting one. I expect his shooting to get better when hes in the flow of the game more. Some players are just better when they are playing the majority of minutes and feel like their one of the stars. You can tell by his attitude he wasn't comfortable as a role player. I don't agree at all with that attitude but he should make the leap this year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He already has the size... if he can get that jumper both inside and outside the arc and hit his FT's, he'll be up there for the Wooden... Pumped for the backcourt we'er going to have

Reaction Score
he had similar production to Shabazz as a frosh, however that 2011 crew boasted a beastly SOS and throughout napiers 4 years in storrs it never dipped below 7.4. i really don't know how to project adams, he was wildly inconsistent for a older frosh that got 20 mpg+ vs a cushy schedule. He was such a decorated prep and aau player i would probably bet he makes a serious leap this year or next, leaning toward sophomore to junior year though like his predecessors.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, I've seen enough legendary guards come through Storrs to know that Jalen is the next one. He's got that special DNA that Shabazz, Kemba, Ray, Rip etc. all had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom