Adams this year | The Boneyard

Adams this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Besides Larrier(IMO) being the x-factor for the team, this team will be as good as Adams is( again IMO)... If he can have a consistent jumper, better on d, and hit the threes he should, I think he'll be a stud... The way he was able to get to the the rim was what he was best at last year he has the size, speed, skill, and hops to be a monster...

Reaction Score
One of the most critical areas for him will how he matures on the court. No more head down, slumped shoulders or pointing at mistakes others have seemingly made. Time for him to be a leader because everything else is already in place for this young man. He can be a star.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It kind of bothered me that it was over 4 minutes into our point guard's season highlight video from last year before I saw an assist, and that there were only a couple dimes in the vid. But then it got to the league championship game, and I stopped caring about that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It kind of bothered me that it was over 4 minutes into our point guard's season highlight video from last year before I saw an assist, and that there were only a couple dimes in the vid. But then it got to the league championship game, and I stopped caring about that.
The video was about him. Not the others. I can see him averaging 4-6 assists this season

Reaction Score
Adams averaged a little over 3 assists per game the latter half of the year, even when Dham was our primary distributor much of the time. I'm not concerned. It's easily possible he has 4-5+ this year, depending on 'riques development curve.

The only true concern I have is shooting. When teams started sagging off him on the 3pt line, he shot less than 40% from 2pt the last ten games--that's abysmal. He is a great finisher, and having a real outside shot will allow him the space to show it.

He will mature and not hang his head so much. It's better than not caring!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I made the video and didn't go looking for his assists. I pulled almost solely his scoring highlights.

Reaction Score
I made the video and didn't go looking for his assists. I pulled almost solely his scoring highlights.
Great job w/ the video. The Boneyard will always nitpick & ask for more, but please know that we all appreciate the efforts of folks like you who put together highlight packages like this, or folks like @CGarr who provide recruiting info.

Reaction Score
One of the most critical areas for him will how he matures on the court. No more head down, slumped shoulders or pointing at mistakes others have seemingly made. Time for him to be a leader because everything else is already in place for this young man. He can be a star.

I have a feeling DHam's departure will provide some significant addition by subtraction in terms of attitude and toughness on the court.

The actual addition of a guy like Gilbert should help as well.

If only we had a truly menacing, tough big.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I have a feeling DHam's departure will provide some significant addition by subtraction in terms of attitude and toughness on the court.

The actual addition of a guy like Gilbert should help as well.

If only we had a truly menacing, tough big.
I know Brimah might not be the biggest center but he does make a huge difference on the floor and plays hard all the time. Is there room for improvement? Of course. But I'm happy that we have him.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I know Brimah might not be the biggest center but he does make a huge difference on the floor and plays hard all the time. Is there room for improvement? Of course. But I'm happy that we have him.
Cue 7 pages of unbearable, repeated for the 1000th time Brimah arguments. Go.

Reaction Score
Great job w/ the video. The Boneyard will always nitpick & ask for more, but please know that we all appreciate the efforts of folks like you who put together highlight packages like this, or folks like @CGarr who provide recruiting info.

It bothers me that we never once saw him get to the line in that video. A UConn point guard needs to be able to draw contact and then convert his free throws. Something to work on this fall, IMO.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It bothers me that we never once saw him get to the line in that video. A UConn point guard needs to be able to draw contact and then convert his free throws. Something to work on this fall, IMO.

It bothers me that there are no 360-degree dunks. Also that he didn't win any titles in the video. We need winners. Maybe, also, lasers should be shooting out of his hands when he passes the ball. That would be good.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
You will see. Adams wants to be the leader and he will do fine. He showed glimpse of his leadership last year. As a Freshman he did above what I expected. I haven't followed much this summer about him. I believe he knows his role.

Reaction Score
Jalen should have a phenomenal year. He's a sophomore, but an old one. He'll be 21 before mid-season, and I expect his backcourt mate Gilbert to be showing scary talent toward the end of the regular season. I think it's been awhile since we've had as many players capable of driving to the rim. It's got to help open up some kick-outs to Jalen.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The difference has to be, at the start anyway, that Jalen is given the ball and asked to lead the team. If he can get comfortable with that quickly, as I would guess he would, Jalen could give Amida his alley-oops, Rodney his kickouts for open 3's, and find a rhythm for the first time at UConn.

Reaction Score
It bothers me that there are no 360-degree dunks. Also that he didn't win any titles in the video. We need winners. Maybe, also, lasers should be shooting out of his hands when he passes the ball. That would be good.
I'm not sold until I see him beat a chair one on one.

Reaction Score
Adams averaged a little over 3 assists per game the latter half of the year, even when Dham was our primary distributor much of the time. I'm not concerned. It's easily possible he has 4-5+ this year, depending on 'riques development curve.

The only true concern I have is shooting. When teams started sagging off him on the 3pt line, he shot less than 40% from 2pt the last ten games--that's abysmal. He is a great finisher, and having a real outside shot will allow him the space to show it.

He will mature and not hang his head so much. It's better than not caring!
At his size he needs to be a great shooter, especially if he wants an NBA career. Hopefully he really put the work in during the offseason to make that happen. Aside from percentages, his 3 point shot looks very balanced, nice.

Reaction Score
Adams should have a great year. Hopefully he tightened up his handle (he had some very inexcusable turnovers last year) and worked on his long range jumper. He can get to the rim whenever he wants and will be able to draw a lot of fouls.

But Jalen, with all that athleticism, give us a couple dunks this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom