Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.) | The Boneyard

Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.)

Reaction Score
Adams takes the 4th

Read this but the Adam's bit isn't what I was drawn to. It was more that this article makes it seem like Vital is for sure not coming back next year.

Reaction Score
That would suck, I like his game and he should be a major contributor all year, but some guys just cant be reasoned with. They and their parents sometimes are so focused on the NBA gold at the end of the rainbow that they cant see reality.

Reaction Score
That would suck, I like his game and he should be a major contributor all year, but some guys just cant be reasoned with. They and their parents sometimes are so focused on the NBA gold at the end of the rainbow that they cant see reality.

Yeah, he is not anywhere ready to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Adams takes the 4th

Read this but the Adam's bit isn't what I was drawn to. It was more that this article makes it seem like Vital is for sure not coming back next year.

The Article sure makes it sound that way. Leading to the obvious question -- is that what Vital wants to do, or has he been told that minutes may not be there for him at UConn by the new staff?

Reaction Score
The article is just speculating like some on this board. They are basing their opinion on Vital's post and nothing else

No. That's not speculating. That's drawing the a fairly obvious conclusion from the young man's own words.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The only reason for CV not to return is if he thinks his minutes will be down significantly. I don't believe this to be the case, certainly not this season. I think he is a minimum 20 minute guy for his next two seasons with the opportunity to nab one of the starting spots his senior year.

But CV's issue has always been decision making so who knows. He should comeback.

Reaction Score
No. That's not speculating. That's drawing the a fairly obvious conclusion from the young man's own words.

So for speculation....he holds off until May 30th so UConn can't use the scholarship on someone decent out of spite? Like I said...speculation. I don't think CV is that type of guy but I don't personally know him and don't know how all this went down (i.e. he was told he wouldn't be playing that much next year or the staff didn't like him or something).

Reaction Score
So for speculation....he holds off until May 30th so UConn can't use the scholarship on someone decent out of spite? Like I said...speculation. I don't think CV is that type of guy but I don't personally know him and don't know how all this went down (i.e. he was told he wouldn't be playing that much next year or the staff didn't like him or something).

Don't understand your post. UConn can commit to a recruit TODAY if it's not making one available to Vital in the fall (or has another backup plan to open up a schollie if they sign a 14th player and Vital doesn't leave). We can't be at 14 when practice opens. We can have commitments for 14 today.

Reaction Score
Part of me hopes CV makes it... I really want the best for that kid. Rodney Purvis showed us its possible. Different player for sure but CV is a hard working dude. We need him next year but if he makes the NBA then hey, kudos!

Reaction Score
Part of me hopes CV makes it... I really want the best for that kid. Rodney Purvis showed us its possible. Different player for sure but CV is a hard working dude. We need him next year but if he makes the NBA then hey, kudos!
Like mentioned in the other thread CV isn't as good of a shooter or athlete as Rodney now and he can't play PG so at 6'2" at best he won't have a position without that skill set.

Reaction Score
Don't understand your post. UConn can commit to a recruit TODAY if it's not making one available to Vital in the fall (or has another backup plan to open up a schollie if they sign a 14th player and Vital doesn't leave). We can't be at 14 when practice opens. We can have commitments for 14 today.

So basically, if CV held off until the 30th of May and then said, "nevermind, I'm coming back" but Hurley got a committment, Hurley would have to let CV or the new person go?

Reaction Score
So basically, if CV held off until the 30th of May and then said, "nevermind, I'm coming back" but Hurley got a committment, Hurley would have to let CV or the new person go?

Once someone signs for next year, I'm not sure how easy it is to get rid of them (other than by telling them they will never get in) for that season. But they certainly can tell any returning player over the summer that they no longer have a schollie for them. Legally and contractually, schollies are one year commitments subject to annual renewal.

Reaction Score
Once someone signs for next year, I'm not sure how easy it is to get rid of them (other than by telling them they will never get in) for that season. But they certainly can tell any returning player over the summer that they no longer have a schollie for them. Legally and contractually, schollies are one year commitments subject to annual renewal.

Got yah. Then my speculative post is moot.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I really think this unrealistic. As a sophomore CV led the team in rebounds (yes, a guard) avg'd 31 mins a game. He averaged 15 pts a game, had 53 assists and 50 steals vs 56 TO's. Hustled his butt off every game when many others were taking siestas and olays. Are we supposed to believe that with two years remaining we possibly don't have a scholarship available for a player who has produced like him? Unreal.

PWS

Reaction Score
The only reason for CV not to return is if he thinks his minutes will be down significantly. I don't believe this to be the case, certainly not this season. I think he is a minimum 20 minute guy for his next two seasons with the opportunity to nab one of the starting spots his senior year.

But CV's issue has always been decision making so who knows. He should comeback.

If CV is worried about competing for minutes with a guy with 3 shoulder surgeries, a grad transfer who didn't start for Duquesne and a 3-star freshman, then staying in the NBA Draft is ridiculous. The guards he would compete against in the G league are 10 times better than who he would compete for time with at UConn. That is assuming he would make a G League roster; he would on the bubble. I just can't believe he is worried about minutes. This has to be a tryout to try to get some interest from teams in Europe or he is coming back. If it was minutes, he could find some Div 1 teams with worse backcourts and transfer there. That all said, he was worried about MAL last year, so maybe he is really insecure, but you don't take a big step up in weight class if you are afraid of competing at a much lower level. The whole thing is odd.

Reaction Score
Yeah, he is not anywhere ready to play in the NBA.
I think he fashions himself a Rodney 2.0 and believes he can work himself in after a few years in the G. RP is a real inspiration for sure. That’s my bet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If CV is worried about competing for minutes with a guy with 3 shoulder surgeries, a grad transfer who didn't start for Duquesne and a 3-star freshman, then staying in the NBA Draft is ridiculous. The guards he would compete against in the G league are 10 times better than who he would compete for time with at UConn. That is assuming he would make a G League roster; he would on the bubble. I just can't believe he is worried about minutes. This has to be a tryout to try to get some interest from teams in Europe or he is coming back. If it was minutes, he could find some Div 1 teams with worse backcourts and transfer there. That all said, he was worried about MAL last year, so maybe he is really insecure, but you don't take a big step up in weight class if you are afraid of competing at a much lower level. The whole thing is odd.
@Whtdmd posted this:
Christian is a very serious student. His GPA is way higher then 3.0. He was recognized at the halftime of the SMU game for his academic achievement. He want his degree and I dont see him going anywhere. I spoke with him before. Very articulate and well manner young man
@Kembacity posted this:
Hoping he stays in school and I think he will. Heard that the decision is largely financial, that his family isn't all that comfortable and if he could make some money before the end of the year that would help out quite a bit. People are saying he's a smart kid who cares about his degree which I didn't know but great to hear. I hope he and family can find a way to let him finish out his full eligibility in blue.

IMO this explains everything.

Reaction Score
Listen, anyone who knows CV needs to reach out to him and talk some sense into him - whatever he will earn now is not worth what he will be forfeiting by not getting a degree or if he can improve under Hurley to the point where he can make the NBA in 2 years. He can't get it back once he goes - silly to leave to go make 40-50K somewhere. He can do anything to make that, he doesn't have to play in the G-league with no future or a future that is over once his career is over, because he skipped out on a degree and the potential to really get drafted.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think he fashions himself a Rodney 2.0 and believes he can work himself in after a few years in the G. RP is a real inspiration for sure. That’s my bet.
Rodney is a couple inches taller and a billion times more athletic than CV and with their similar basketball abilities, is still a fringe NBA player. If anything that should inspire CV to get a degree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom