Adams & Enoch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adams & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Enoch is not good enough to make us better in the frontcourt, we are in a world of trouble. Of course Stone would change everything.

Reaction Score
Enoch doesn't need to come in and be beat out Facey for starting PF. But hopefully he can come in and be the first off the bench at both the center and PF position. Will be very disappointing if he can't beat out Nolan for that role.

If he can score a little, rebound a little and box out a little he will.

Reaction Score
Found Enoch's game on YouTube. He's #22 in white, UConn blue sneakers. ;)

First half, he's mostly in the beginning, middle & ended the half, where he looked good.

I believe this is the 2nd half, but haven't watched it yet... I am next.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He's pretty good…

Looks really nice toward the end of the first video. I think he scored on three straight possessions with some good post moves and a nice left-handed hook after an offensive board. He's got what it takes to contribute as a freshman. From what I see, he looks much more refined than Lubin and Nolan and will be a great addition to our front court. Will play a lot of 5, I assume, because I'm worried that he and Brimah on the floor together will clog the lane. But then again, he's got a solid outside J so hopefully he can become a nice stretch 4 for us and spread the floor. Will also be fun to have him at the 5 and Hamilton at the 4 with five guys who can play on the perimeter. I'm excited about Steve Enoch.

Reaction Score
I noticed he had a handle and crossover dribble, not that he will use it with us but it indicates he may have good hands.

Reaction Score
A couple things I noticed with Brimah

1. I think this is the most important, he doesn't know how to post up. He stands completely vertical and calls for the bal. This is a major problem and will hinder him both offensively and defensively. He needs to get low and push his defender with his lower body rather than battling with his hands.. this very similar to a player we have now (Brimah).

2. He seems very active and moves very fluid. Almost as if he could be a 3 or 4... (obviously doesn't have the skills to be a 3) which could be a plus. Overall I like the potential.

I think enoch can be as good as he wants to be if he takes his development seriously. His agile and fluidness is very rare for a player his height and for his position. Nice shooting stroke. He needs to continue to learn the game. Work on the not so glamorous things (playing with a lower center of gravity). It will do wonders for his game.

Reaction Score
A couple things I noticed with Brimah

1. I think this is the most important, he doesn't know how to post up. He stands completely vertical and calls for the bal. This is a major problem and will hinder him both offensively and defensively. He needs to get low and push his defender with his lower body rather than battling with his hands.. this very similar to a player we have now (Brimah).

2. He seems very active and moves very fluid. Almost as if he could be a 3 or 4... (obviously doesn't have the skills to be a 3) which could be a plus. Overall I like the potential.

I think enoch can be as good as he wants to be if he takes his development seriously. His agile and fluidness is very rare for a player his height and for his position. Nice shooting stroke. He needs to continue to learn the game. Work on the not so glamorous things (playing with a lower center of gravity). It will do wonders for his game.

Kind of an poor mans Andre, good call on your part. He needs to, and already should be at More, work on his body and strength and his ability to WANT the ball and have space it in to. But he is "fluid" as you say and that's huge for a kid (he's 17) that is just going to get better. Looks like he has decent feet too, there's a lot to work with here.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score

I noticed this too. But this is something that is easily taught. Once he knows how to post-up and create space for himself, he has the skill set and soft touch with the ball that will allow him to score a lot. I'd love to run a lot of post-up plays and not have the ball just being passed around the 3 point line until someone has to hoist up a 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom