Adams & Enoch | The Boneyard

Adams & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I attended the Brewster vs St Thomas More game Tues 4pm. 4th time I've seen Adams in person and 2nd time Enoch. Obviously, between El Amin, Kemba, and Shabazz, we have had guards that have carried the team as leaders. El Amin gave us our first swagger, and Kemba and Shabazz guts and results. Boatright has that type of heart. No doubt in my mind Jalen Adams has equal or more on the court skills and polished shooting than any guard we have had. Ben Gordon might be a great comparison as he rises and shoots from deep. He needs another quality guard on our team next year to not have to play 1 on 5 at the end of a shot clock, Boatright might be the best at that forced skill. Adams hit everything and has done so in all 4 games I have seen. In showtime he lead the field, rose high, made some kind of scissor kick move, threw the ball up between his legs off the backboard to a trailing teammate for a dunk. The final play was a back to the basket bounce pass between his legs to a cutting team mate with the ball up to the rim for a dunk. He plays with poise, hits shots, sets up teammates, and has flare.

St Thomas More kept slipping behind and then fought back to 53-53 with about 8 min left then got run off the court, ending with those showtime plays by Brewster. Enoch looks good but seldom gets the ball so his points are points of opportunity, a la Facey. He hit a three perfectly, he hit a 15ft shot, a couple of 1 hand 5 ft shots in the lane, and had 9 to 11 pts I believe. He got 3-4 tough rebounds but did not come up with 3-4 others that were the 50/50 balls that define good rebounders. Marrkus Dickkerson (Brewster's 6'8 big man going to Georgetown) was the better player. His hands came up with more of those 50/50 rebounds and he hit 4 or 5 3's that Enoch did not close out well enough. Enoch has 25'lbs on Facey and is stronger, but expectations for him should be about like Facey. He will get better and better but will not be a freshman phenom.

Interestingly, I did not see any conversation or interaction between Enoch and Adams at any time.

Also, Brewster's Donald Crisp 'DC' going to Washington, after 4 games, is also the real deal in a smaller package. I predict an impact college career for him there.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update Ricker. I hope SE improves so he can start next year. With the added weight and more polished game than KF he is a better player. If KF has to start all year than we are going to be in trouble. So hopefully we will continue to see improvement from SE to the point he can give us more than KF has this year. I'm not expecting an impact freshman but at least some HA minutes. LOL. KF has been a big disappointment for me this year.

Reaction Score
It sounds great because Adams is the key to our team next year, leading, creating his own shots. If we can find a Rashad Anderson to go with him, a spot up shooter, it will make his life much easier. Not easy I know but we need that.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update Ricker. I hope SE improves so he can start next year. With the added weight and more polished game than KF he is a better player. If KF has to start all year than we are going to be in trouble. So hopefully we will continue to see improvement from SE to the point he can give us more than KF has this year. I'm not expecting an impact freshman but at least some HA minutes. LOL. KF has been a big disappointment for me this year.

How could Facey possibly be the biggest disappointment this year? this statement makes no sense. The kid got NO BURN last year. what he brought could bring to the table was unknown. What kind of foolish expectations did you have for him after watching a freshman year of him collecting garbage minutes??

Meanwhile we got kids 3 years in who can't dribble a ball after being a mcdonalds all american.. Guys on this board confuse me.

Reaction Score
I expect Kentan to be stronger and much improved next year. He will be in the starting lineup to start the season. If Enoch works hard and isn't overwhelmed the 4 position should be solid. Rock could be the odd man out. (disclaimer: I have never seen SE play). I actually feel pretty optimistic about next season if the guys commit to playing better defense.

Reaction Score
It sounds great because Adams is the key to our team next year, leading, creating his own shots. If we can find a Rashad Anderson to go with him, a spot up shooter, it will make his life much easier. Not easy I know but we need that.
It really sounds like your saying the 2 guard is the key to our season next year.

Reaction Score
Two things have me worried for next season:
1. Historically our good teams are dominated but upperclassmen, talented PG/combos. We don't have that for next season.
2. Boat has 48 of our 128 made 3s. In other words, the guys we return don't even account for 4 3s a game. Adams sounds like he has touch, but unless Omar becomes a consistent 3 point threat or Purvis remembers how to play basketball we are in trouble.

Reaction Score
We need to add a few more players to the 2015 class period. Going into next year with 2-3 open ships makes zero sense to me- we need the depth- we need to have players that will develop in our system.

I think we will be better next year but not great. We have a really good chance at being great the following year- when we are loaded with upperclassmen (who hopefully have improved over time) and a few young studs like JA with a year under their belt. Remember we are the undisputed kings of college basketball and that is based on getting to the FF about every 4 years (and WINNING of course)- it should not be a surprise to anyone if it takes a few years to get back into NC form.

Reaction Score
We need to add a few more players to the 2015 class period. Going into next year with 2-3 open ships makes zero sense to me- we need the depth- we need to have players that will develop in our system.
We should definitely make a push to at least grab one or two more players. Would love to see a tall SG or a talented PF like Cheick Diallo....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Diallo's already made his Top 5 and (you guessed it) we aren't on it. The big Greek guy, Papagiannis, would be very nice. Maybe an under-the-radar Shawntrez Davis type?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for Kaleb Joseph & Chris McCullough after 'Cuse gets two more years via the NCAA banhammer and they're given no-wait transfers.

Reaction Score
It really sounds like your saying the 2 guard is the key to our season next year.
It's one of the keys but the point guard is critical and with Adams the talk out there says he has what it takes. We haven't had a dependable shooter out there at the 2 and it had affected our inside guys who get packed especially in zone. Let's face it, we have a great point guard in Boat but we can't expect him to do more really. Last year our 2 was Boat, in the past Ray, Rip, Ben. We just need one of those!

Reaction Score

I think we will be better next year but not great. We have a really good chance at being great the following year- when we are loaded with upperclassmen (who hopefully have improved over time) and a few young studs like JA with a year under their belt. Remember we are the undisputed kings of college basketball and that is based on getting to the FF about every 4 years (and WINNING of course)- it should not be a surprise to anyone if it takes a few years to get back into NC form.

Scote i would venture to say this roster is going to take a major leap in play this summer going into next year. mainly guys like purvis and hamilton. Brimah as well. Hamilton and Brimah have already shown a nice trajectory.

do agree we could use some depth behind those guys developing, but alot of these bottom guys in 2015 aren't even worth a roster spot (forget rotation spot).

Reaction Score
It's one of the keys but the point guard is critical and with Adams the talk out there says he has what it takes. We haven't had a dependable shooter out there at the 2 and it had affected our inside guys who get packed especially in zone. Let's face it, we have a great point guard in Boat but we can't expect him to do more really. Last year our 2 was Boat, in the past Ray, Rip, Ben. We just need one of those!
I hear you the big 'IF' is Purvis. I think he may be keeping some fringe 2015 recruits away. Recruits see a McD on the roster (forget stats) for 2 more years and just might want to go somewhere less crowded/competitive. So we are 'stuck' for at least one more year, however IF he can become whatever Ollie saw in him, our 2 guard problem looks so much better (sans reliable ball handling).

Reaction Score
Even if Rodney upgrades we have minutes for a player that can knock down shots. But nothing would make me happier than to have him be that guy. He has shown that he can do it to some degree.

Reaction Score
How could Facey possibly be the biggest disappointment this year? this statement makes no sense. The kid got NO BURN last year. what he brought could bring to the table was unknown. What kind of foolish expectations did you have for him after watching a freshman year of him collecting garbage minutes??

Meanwhile we got kids 3 years in who can't dribble a ball after being a mcdonalds all american.. Guys on this board confuse me.
Where did I say biggest disappointment? I said a big disappointment for me personally. I think RP or PN have been the biggest disappointments. Probably RP. I just see KF getting worst like AB as the year has gone on. I think it can be due to conditioning. They both look like bean poles. They need to hit the weights bad to develop their games. KF should have hit the weights harder coming into the season knowing he was going to start. Just seems to have a couple good minutes now and then just disappears. On defense he is a liability for the most part which is sad with how athletic he seems.

Reaction Score

Herein lies the problem. Purvis was a McD AA but does that always translate to a great player? Check out many of Duke's and get back to me , So the only expecations we should have on Purvis is what we see, not what others say. If we go by "247's" highlight video's everyone would be a "Ferrari" coming in. He's not so let's pull back and see how he does. As far as Facey I agree, he didn't play at all last year so he has improved. But if you didn't watch a few games earlier in the year and now are scratching your head wonderingwherev he went then you're not watching the games.

Reaction Score
Herein lies the problem. Purvis was a McD AA but does that always translate to a great player? Check out many of Duke's and get back to me , So the only expecations we should have on Purvis is what we see, not what others say. If we go by "247's" highlight video's everyone would be a "Ferrari" coming in. He's not so let's pull back and see how he does. As far as Facey I agree, he didn't play at all last year so he has improved. But if you didn't watch a few games earlier in the year and now are scratching your head wonderingwherev he went then you're not watching the games.
Exactly! It is like KF has fallen off the cliff. He is really bad on defensive side of the ball also. I'm surprised he doesn't block more shots with how tall and athletic he is. Definitely not the biggest disappointment that is RP but someone who is really giving us much to nothing right now. That is why like others are best lineup is with Dham starting at PF and KF coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
Question about KF. wasn't there a video of him knocking down like 20 3's in practice? It showed great shooting ability albeit in practice (there are so such videos of TSam in practice).

Reaction Score

Couldnt agree more. Purvis was a 5 star recruit and McDAA but he is more like a low 4 star and I assume NC State fans already knew that. Their coach isnt good but there had to be a reason he was benched later in the year and didnt play much, now we all know why. The ferrari talk also didnt help. He is servicable but he just cant dribble and for a shooting guard thats not good unless your Rashad Anderson and can shoot lights out. He is an average streaky shooter.

Can he improve, yes he can and he will BUT he will probably never be that 5 star recruit we thought he was. I'd like him to learn how to draw contact when going to the whole and hit the glass. Him and Omar should be making up for there lack of ability by helping in other ways.

Facey just isn't ready for this much playing time, because of our lack of big men he is thrown into a starting role, which should help him the next two years.. He's 6'7 like 190. Hes way to skinny to be a dominate rebounder and doesnt have the offensive skills to help just yet. He has a nice jumper but is timid to use it, also doesnt help that he never touches the ball.

Reaction Score
Couldnt agree more. Purvis was a 5 star recruit and McDAA but he is more like a low 4 star and I assume NC State fans already knew that. Their coach isnt good but there had to be a reason he was benched later in the year and didnt play much, now we all know why. The ferrari talk also didnt help. He is servicable but he just cant dribble and for a shooting guard thats not good unless your Rashad Anderson and can shoot lights out. He is an average streaky shooter.

Can he improve, yes he can and he will BUT he will probably never be that 5 star recruit we thought he was. I'd like him to learn how to draw contact when going to the whole and hit the glass. Him and Omar should be making up for there lack of ability by helping in other ways.

Facey just isn't ready for this much playing time, because of our lack of big men he is thrown into a starting role, which should help him the next two years.. He's 6'7 like 190. Hes way to skinny to be a dominate rebounder and doesnt have the offensive skills to help just yet. He has a nice jumper but is timid to use it, also doesnt help that he never touches the ball.
Facey is 6'9 and very lengthy. He is quite thin but then again so is most of the team

Reaction Score
You guys are unbelievable coming up with You Tube Clips. The Jalen Adams showtime move I tried to describe in my opening post is posted in the 2015 Recruit Stat Tracking thread by UConn990411 so you can see it and judge my description.

Also, 1 correction in my opening post - it is Marcus Derrickson going to Georgetown I had posted his name from memory incorrectly

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You guys are unbelievable coming up with You Tube Clips. The Jalen Adams showtime move I tried to describe in my opening post is posted in the 2015 Recruit Stat Tracking thread by UConn990411 so you can see it and judge my description.

Also, 1 correction in my opening post - it is Marcus Derrickson going to Georgetown I had posted his name from memory incorrectly
When did you watch the Enoch games (early, mid or more recently)?

Reaction Score
Hoophall vs Vermont Academy in mid January, last Tues vs Brewster,

Reaction Score
Enoch doesn't need to come in and be beat out Facey for starting PF. But hopefully he can come in and be the first off the bench at both the center and PF position. Will be very disappointing if he can't beat out Nolan for that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom