Adams a Top Tier PG | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adams a Top Tier PG

Reaction Score
I have been saying right along that Gilbert is a pure point guard and team leader. If he had not gotten injured this year he would have played 30 minutes a game. While Jalen adjusted this year and really really became better at being the point he is not a natural. He is more of a scorer. Next year he will play the 2 when Gilbert is on the floor. Adams is a much more complete player now after having played the point all year. Ollie wants an Alpha point guard to run the team and that is Gilbert. He is a floor general. Adams will probably average 20ppg playing off the ball 80 to 90% of the game and right now he and Larrier look to be our primary scoring threats. I like Larrier's game but he is a little quick on the trigger, little bit of a gunner.

I've got to disagree.

Jalen lead the conference in assists. He is a scoring point guard, which is the way high-major d1 basketball is going.

Very few "pure point guards" exist any more. We haven't had one since before kemba.

Edit: Jalen won't play off the ball that much I guarantee it. We play 2 PGs. That's expected.

Reaction Score
Just for context and an easy comparison I'll compare Gilbert/Adams with Napier/Boatright and having both players on the floor at the same time. Boatright was never a point guard but some might say we had two out there while he and Napier were on the floor but the offense flowed primarily through Shabazz who had better #1 skills than Ryan.

This coming year I see the same thing happening. Gilbert is going to bring the ball up and general more of the offense. Jalen after progressing this year has better #1 skills than Boatright ever did and will complement Gilbert as a playmaker but he is also our primary #2 guard.

Earlier this year, the first couple of games, neither one of them had a real good handle on it, but I could see Gilbert's confidence rising quickly. Adam's took over being the primary ball handler because he had to. One of the reasons he led the league in assists is that there wasn't anyone else on the team being a playmaker.

Reaction Score
Your putting Gilbert on a level he has yet to achieve, and certainly he may achieve that, but let him get his feet wet before you have him in the NBA

Reaction Score
I don't have him in the NBA. I just have him playing college ball next year. I do understand your sarcasm however and you do have a point, but thanks for saying something that wasn't necessary for me to write.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom