Adamec: Stef: Meant no disrespect to the President | The Boneyard

Adamec: Stef: Meant no disrespect to the President

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
A perfect end to our thread! It all makes sense now.

Reaction Score
Can the UCONN extend the PR resources to Stef? REALLY? This made it more fun? Are you kidding me? What about all of your teammates that have every right to enjoy the moment without the distractions of those antics? it was clear the event was enjoyable already. Sadly, a young women that is 20 years old wont grasp I did something because it was ok to do between me, a teammate, and the POTUS, clearly he didn't have issue with it but I realize maybe I should have handled it differently or in a different setting. Also, it is never good to try a divert attention away by trying incriminate an innocent bystander [Stewie]. I think Stewie owes somebody a good thump on the forehead!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Can the UCONN extend the PR resources to Stef? REALLY? This made it more fun? Are you kidding me? What about all of your teammates that have every right to enjoy the moment without the distractions of those antics? it was clear the event was enjoyable already. Sadly, a young women that is 20 years old wont grasp I did something because it was ok to do between me, a teammate, and the POTUS, clearly he didn't have issue with it but I realize maybe I should have handled it differently or in a different setting. Also, it is never good to try a divert attention away by trying incriminate an innocent bystander [Stewie]. I think Stewie owes somebody a good thump on the forehead!

You are really stretching. I don't think a single girl on the team would think let alone say that anything Stef did took away from the moment. Given the president now clearly teased the girls prior to the bunny ears and invited it none of it is on Stef.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, I'm changing my vote. That thread we had a few months ago about what 4 Huskies we would invite to dinner? Ms Dolson's gotta be one of them now. :)

Reaction Score
The kids thought they were having fun. It's unfair to jump to a conclusion based on a photo without knowing the full story. That being said, some people here love to sit in judgement of other programs and had it been another program, no doubt they would be killing them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The idea behind our Presidency is that he is one of the people. When he allows people to treat him as one of the people, some folks don't like it. It seems he invited it, good for him. For those in need of a history lesson, when Andrew Jackson became the original people's president, the upper crust politicians were aghast. At his inauguration, he famously opened the WH to anyone who wanted in. People were climbing in and out of the windows. I suppose, though, if they had done rabbit ears behind his head, he would've challenged them to a duel.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
BTW, my wife would duel me about that post. I should have said, in regard to our presidents "he or she". Which is important to me both in terms of how I get along with me wife (hitting 44 years this month) and who I might favor in the next election.

Reaction Score
“He was very nice. When we shook hands I challenged him to a dance off. I had seen him on ‘Ellen’ and he danced. He was funny about it. He joked back that he was ‘going to wear the heels off of my shoes.’ He’s never seen me dance.
"We have to go back there so we can have the dance off.”

Stef on meeting the President.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Ok, I'm changing my vote. That thread we had a few months ago about what 4 Huskies we would invite to dinner? Ms Dolson's gotta be one of them now. :)

I don't have to change mine, she was already on it. :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hear you. My wife's been hitting me too, but I hoped after just a couple years maybe she'd just get tired of it. Geez, 44 years and counting, you say??!!! Well this is discouraging news...
You damn well better hope she doesn't read that post. Rabbit ears are a lot easier to take than rabbit punches.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The kids thought they were having fun. It's unfair to jump to a conclusion based on a photo without knowing the full story. That being said, some people here love to sit in judgement of other programs and had it been another program, no doubt they would be killing them.

Say what? Did you even read the long thread and the reactions of many to what happened before the facts were known? You're way off base.

Reaction Score
UConnCat, I mean this in the most non-offensive way- I don't restrict my information on a topic to only what appears on the Boneyard. Hard to believe, I know, but it's just me.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConnCat, I mean this in the most non-offensive way- I don't restrict my information on a topic to only what appears on the Boneyard. Hard to believe, I know, but it's just me.

Outside Shot -- Allow me to explain as I have no clue what your response means. I understood your initial post to say that the Boneyard posters would have reacted differently if Wednesday's events had involved a program other than UConn, i.e., sit in judgment and "killing them." I'm simply telling you that several Boneyard posters did indeed judge the UConn team, specifically Stef and Kiah, very harshly and some continue to do so even knowing the full story. So, I think what you said is demonstrably false.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

You left off - "And you know who you are!!!!"

My scientific polling shows that only 6.7% of the posters here love to sit in judgement. 9.6% love to stand in judgement. 40.4% have no judgement and the rest wouldn't answer my poll question without payment.

Thankfully, only 1.2% of the posters here feel the need to point out that some posters love to sit in judgement.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Some threads, I tune out after too much. I definitely didn't read every post.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You left off - "And you know who you are!!!!"

My scientific polling shows that only 6.7% of the posters here love to sit in judgement. 9.6% love to stand in judgement. 40.4% have no judgement and the rest wouldn't answer my poll question without payment.

Thankfully, only 1.2% of the posters here feel the need to point out that some posters love to sit in judgement.
DD, you forgot the Boneyarders with "questionable" judgment; a sizable subset.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Had I known that Obama actually encouraged the prank my initial criticism would have been less harsh. However, I still believe that it was childish, not funny and inappropriate given the setting. I wonder if the president is aware that the "rabbit ears" gesture has different, less playful, meanings in different parts of the world?

Reaction Score
Had I known that Obama actually encouraged the prank my initial criticism would have been less harsh. However, I still believe that it was childish, not funny and inappropriate given the setting. I wonder if the president is aware that the "rabbit ears" gesture has different, less playful, meanings in different parts of the world?
Curious... what does it mean in those places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom