Adamec: Samuelson enjoys "great visit" with Auriemma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Samuelson enjoys "great visit" with Auriemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks, though I'm really looking for two elite players (eg, top 50 or perhaps top 100). Most of the examples given so far include one sister significantly better who could get into a top tier program, and the other who probably couldnt.
I don't think there are that many sister acts out there where both are really highly ranked and it gets even rarer when you start talking about a third.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thanks, though I'm really looking for two elite players (eg, top 50 or perhaps top 100). Most of the examples given so far include one sister significantly better who could get into a top tier program, and the other who probably couldnt.

Plouffe sisters are ELITE
Katherine on Marquette was leading scorer last year averaging about 13ppg
Michele on Utah was the leading scorer last year averaging just over 17ppg
They are Canadian so they may not have been rated for the incoming class of 2010.
I would have definetly have Michele as a top 50 player and Katherine as a top 100.
I would take either one in a second on my team, no matter which team you root for or support.

Reaction Score
I agree with the opinion of the Plouffe sisters being elite. If I were a betting man I would say that
Marina Mabrey will not join her sister Mikaela at Notre Dame. The Spani sisters went to different places, Kansas St & utenn, respectively.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Courtney & Ashley Paris
Ashley & Morgan Valley

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mentioned by Meyers on the first page.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Allie and Sam Quigley, the pride of DePaul WBB.

Reaction Score
"Katie Lou, who has a 4.2 GPA, said her sisters are not trying to recruit her to Stanford."

How is it possible to get a 4.2?
Mater Dei is a private catholic school so their curriculum is probably above what the public schools have.

Reaction Score
There's a question in there....who are the sister acts?
Samuelsons and Catchings already mentioned

Paris'
Valleys
Schimmels
Millers
McGees
Ogwumikes
???

Hmmm, that's all off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.
Diana Taurasi played with her sister in high school, apparently her sister recruited her to the coach to get moved up to varsity.
Thank goodness she did!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I can only hope Mater Dei has managed to acquire a photo of KML holding the National Championship trophy for its athletic HOF.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I can only hope Mater Dei has managed to acquire a photo of KML holding the National Championship trophy for its athletic HOF.

They actually have a Trophy Room in the lobby of the Gym. They often do Press/TV interviews of players and coaches in the room. I dont recall if they have a picture of any other player, of any other sport that won a championship. I will let you know after the season starts.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's what I assumed. Hence my list. I'm sure there were plenty of sisters who most people had never heard of who played either together or separately in college. But not really germane.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Equator, Shemator. Autumn is supposed to mean heat-relief. Need another month.

Hijacking the response to the hijacking observation -- solar transit of the equator yesterday apparently flipped a switch: AZ daily highs finally dropped into the 90's, to our great relief.

D

dakotaboy

I can't believe you all forgot about Kelly and Coco Miller :) They were decent players for Georgia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom