Adamec: Samuelson enjoys "great visit" with Auriemma | The Boneyard

Adamec: Samuelson enjoys "great visit" with Auriemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The 6-foot-2 junior wing from Huntington Beach, Calif., had some company as University of Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma was there to meet with Samuelson, ranked the No. 2 recruit in the Class of 2015 by HoopGurlz and the All-Star Girls Report.

“We had a great visit,” Samuelson said in an e-mail today. “We loved how straight forward Coach is and we are excited about visiting in January.”

Mater Dei is scheduled to play in the 2014 Hoophall Classic in Springfield, Mass., over the Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend and Samuelson said she will make a side trip to visit the UConn campus.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/samuelson-enjoys-great-visit-from-auriemma/#more-8335

Lou will get a feel for Storrs in January.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's a new (today) story about Katie Lou from espnW: http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...super-60-2015-class-follow-footsteps-stanford

As many suspected, the article talks about Karlie loving UConn but deciding to stay closer to home after the sudden death of her uncle:

The past two years have been difficult for the Samuelsons. Jon lost his brother, Mikey, who died of a sudden illness, and his father, Jerry.

Karen said those tragic events shaped Karlie's college choice of Stanford.

"Karlie loved UConn," Karen said. "That was her dream school. She loves Stanford -- don't get me wrong. But after those two deaths in the family, she wanted to stay closer to home."

When it comes time for Katie Lou to choose a college -- which could happen over the next several months -- the Samuelsons don't want her to feel any pressure or make any compromise.

Aside from Stanford, Katie Lou is considering Notre Dame, UConn, Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Washington and UCLA.
The plan is to visit Notre Dame this fall, UConn in January and "go from there," Karen said.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting to see if the other teams that she might visit have the local press contact her for comments.
To me thats a plus. Sure does make you feel important.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting to see if the other teams that she might visit have the local press contact her for comments.
To me thats a plus. Sure does make you feel important.
I think it happens quite a lot for the major programs and top 25 recruits - but it is probably one reporter who does multiple sports. With Uconn it is 4+ who all focus on WBB - which can sometimes be more than a blessing ... see K Bone's recruitment.
I actually think the hoard are pretty good at not badgering teenagers or their families - often relying on a coach (AAU or HS) or creating an email channel with a parent that they don't abuse and keeping the contacts to important moments like an in-home or a campus visit and relying on the coach or parent to alert or contact them.

Reaction Score
My contact in Maryland said Geno and Marisa were in Maryland for a home visit with Dejanae Boykin on Tuesday, can Carl find out how that visit went

Apparently the local scouts in Maryland don't report or tweet about her

Reaction Score
I believe we have as good a chance as anyone. I think it plays in our favor since Bonnie and Karlie are at Stanford. It gives Katie Lou a chance to go in a totally different direction.
Also, we know Courtney wants her to come to UCONN so they can win a few Nat. Championships together. Gosh, can you just imagine the team we would have with those 2, plus what we already have ! It is actually scary to think about it !

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
"Katie Lou, who has a 4.2 GPA, said her sisters are not trying to recruit her to Stanford."

How is it possible to get a 4.2?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
"Katie Lou, who has a 4.2 GPA, said her sisters are not trying to recruit her to Stanford."

Advanced classes - though for a sophomore I am not sure how that works

Reaction Score

Two ways:

1) For schools that give + or - grades, an A+ is generally a 4.3.
2) Many schools give an adder (many different formulas are used) for honors or AP courses.

Reaction Score

in some places AP classes you can get 5 points for an A

fortunately for me I never had to worry about it, I was more worried about ppg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A thread gets hijacked by the intricacies of high school grading! Holy hot damn. Can summer end soon enough!

Reaction Score
Have any high profile bb sisters ever gone to different colleges?

I cant think of any off the top of my head ... except for perhaps the Catchingses, but I kinda thought Tamika and her sister Tauja were raised in different households (one with mom, other with dad).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Have any high profile bb sisters ever gone to different colleges?

I cant think of any off the top of my head ... except for perhaps the Catchingses, but I kinda thought Tamika and her sister Tauja were raised in different households (one with mom, other with dad).
There's a question in there....who are the sister acts?
Samuelsons and Catchings already mentioned

Paris'
Valleys
Schimmels
Millers
McGees
Ogwumikes
???

Hmmm, that's all off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

Reaction Score
Advanced classes - though for a sophomore I am not sure how that works

At my daugthers school (in CA), honors classes do give 5.0 for an A. Also, she took AP Biology as a Sophomore and I think they offered AP World History (with world history being a sophomore course).

However, on the transcripts, there are like 4 different GPA's (hs weighed, hs unweighed, college weighed, and college unweighed). So, for example, an A in an honors class will count towards 5.0 as hs weighed, but colleges see honors as just regular, and will only count as a 4.0 in the college weighed GPA. Where as a AP will count towards college weighed. It was very confusing the first time around but I believe the GPA colleges look at is the College Weighed GPA (which accounts for AP classes/grades).

If Wilson commits, I think shes headed elsewhere. They are similar 3/4 type players. However there will be PLENTY of playing time for the forwards/post in the 2015 class. They only have to play 1 year behind Stewert and Tuck, and with only Chong, Ekmark, Edwards, Williams, lots of playing time available after their freshman season.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There's a question in there....who are the sister acts?
Samuelsons and Catchings already mentioned

Paris'
Valleys
Schimmels
Millers
McGees
Ogwumikes

??? Waners

Hmmm, that's all off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others.

I think he is looking for sisters who went to different schools. That is very hard to identify.
Michala Johnson and her sister did choose different schools originally.
Lorin Dixon and Cece.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Twins Lauren and Ashley Engeln, the Brandon sisters, Gen and Kim.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Plouffe sisters at Utah and Marquette

Tinkle sisters at Stanford and Gonzaga

Reaction Score
Thanks, though I'm really looking for two elite players (eg, top 50 or perhaps top 100). Most of the examples given so far include one sister significantly better who could get into a top tier program, and the other who probably couldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom